Hummus 3-ways

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by VickyMC
    on

Hello, in the BSD book on week two, Day-one lunch is hummus 3-ways and it says each recipe (which I have made), is three portions. So I guess that means there are three portions in each made-up jar. My question is, do I eat a portion with a spoon or am I allowed to dip in some chopped peppers?

• posted by shalimar
    on

You can eat it any way you want …. if you eat whatever you are dipping with … you have to count those calories.

• posted by VickyMC
    on

Thanks Shalimar. I need to try and find a calorie counter.

• posted by shalimar
    on

You can get a paperback book ; you can join MyFatSecret ; or you can just Google the food item … or even recipe and add the word “calories”.
    There are tons of free calorie counters …. although a book will cost.

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

A medium Green, Red, Orange, or Yellow pepper is 30 cal according to MY Fitness Pal (6 carbs, 1 protein, 3 sugars)

• posted by Biker Chic
    on

Hi, I’m confused? I’ve just read the above but I’m still not clear. I have made all 3 hummus, I am aware that each recipe makes 3 portions, so does that mean for lunch tomorrow can I have a portion of each?

• posted by Biker Chic
    on

Also, it says the classic spicy hummus is 250 calories, so does that mean it’s 250 per portion or 84 (250 divided between the 3 prtions)?

• posted by AnnieW
    on

It’s 250 cals per portion I.e. 750 for the Classic Spicy. Beetroot is 200 per portion so 600 for 3 and minted pea is 170 so 510 for three. Page 183 (not actually numbered) Recipe and Menu Plans gives the info – “All calorie counts are for one portion.” So if you are following week 2 day 1 that is one portion of one type of hummus. There are a number of recipes that are a variation on a theme and give several (or three) ways of making a recipe – just choose one of them for a meal, not all. I would say you have nine meals worth of hummus – I’ve got it for three days this week 😀

• posted by Biker Chic
    on

Thanks AnnieW, oooops, I took a portion of each to work today. As it happens I was very busy today, and not very hunger so I only eat one portion. Luckie 😅

• posted by Brava
    on

I wonder if the beetroot version makes 6 portions, not 3, as it uses 2 tins of chickpeas as well as the beetroot. The other two recipes use either one tin or one tbs of chickpeas. Perhaps the recipe needs amending. It sounds delicious, if make it I will freeze most of it I think!

Please log in or register to post a reply.