How much weight did you lose?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Greeneyes
    on

Hi! I’m new here – been ‘lurking’ for a little while but have decided to ‘go for it’ following a disappointing month at Slimming World… I was sure I was eating too much, and sure enough I gained a little each week … unfortunately I have to eat very modestly to lose weight, always have done. Anyway, I’ve got a few things in the fridge and store cupboard now all ready to start the BSD, but wondered how you all got on with it in terms of how much weight did you lose over the first few weeks? Apologies in advance if I don’t respond to your comments straight away – our internet is very intermittent! Looking forward to hearing about your successes! 🙂 And thank you in advance!

• posted by Millie Moo
    on

Hi – Just starting today as well. I’m not diabetic but am struggling with menopause. I have just turned 53 and the weight has been creeping on for maybe a couple of years. It’s not really a shock as I feel as though I have been eating ‘for England’, and have had zero self control! Sadly the night sweats have now taken over and I refuse to go on HRT for health reasons so am hoping that this diet not only helps with symptoms but will also help me shift the 2 stone surplus. Has anyone used this diet for menopause? Greeneyes we will do this together and post weigh loss each week if we can. I will stick to the 800 call where possible although I am away for the next 2 weekends on ‘jollies’ so probs won’t loose as much as I could. Because I need to name and shame I am 5ft 5 and weigh 10 stone 10 OMG !!!! Hopefully here’s to at least 1 1/2 stone off in 8 – 10 weeks !!!!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Greeneyes and Millie Moo
    I counted cals and struggled to keep my weight under control for decades before finding out about this way of eating. I think the weight loss pattern is different for everyone and the high losses some report in the initial weeks are often made up of water loss which may not apply to you if you have been dieting before cutting carbs as well as calories.
    There is a regular 4 week challenge thread where a mixture of newcomers and people who are further on their journey to their target weight weigh in on a Tuesday and report progress. You may find it helpful to join the next one which is due to start in a couple of days time. Look out for a thread with May in the title.

• posted by Millie Moo
    on

Thanks JGwen will look out for the thread and it will be great to hear the success stories will need them as a motivator and fingers crossed for a bikini bod when I go on holiday in th3 summer.

• posted by Greeneyes
    on

Hi Millie Moo and JGwen
    Millie Moo, I am also in my 50s ( a bit older than you though!) and I wish I was the same weight as you! I’m 5’9″ – but just can’t divulge my weight yet I’m afraid! I need to lose 3 stone, but would be very happy to lose 2 stone. I’m not after a bikini bod, but would love to be a size 12-14. I’m not diabetic either – yet! – but have PCOS which can mean insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome – and definitely weight challenges! Today is day 1 for me, and I’ve stuck to 800 calories. I won’t be able to weigh myself for a few days as I’m away from home. I’m away from an internet connection too – but will check in when I can! 🙂 Good luck for tomorrow!

• posted by LLFT
    on

Hi everyone!
    Congratulations on starting. I have only been doing this for 1 week and a half, and I am feeling pretty good. So far I have lost 3.2kg (7lbs), with a target of losing 10kg (22lbs) all up.
    I hope it works for all of you, good luck!
    Leanne

• posted by Millie Moo
    on

Great to hear that I have company- thank you ladies! Well mushroom is in the oven for breakfast then am planning on walking the 13 1/2 Year Old dog, she won’t know what’s hit her – hopefully it won’t kill her! As I started yesterday I was desperate to get on the scales this morning I think I have lost 2lb ( Afraid I am a pounds, shillings and pence kind of girl) although I did have to move the scales around the bathroom floor to get that reading. I know it’s wrong but hey has made me feel better and will leave them there in the future to get a correct weight loss reading. LLFT – brill 7 lb in a week and a half , I have my nephew’s wedding on the 27th and it would be great if I could lose that amount by then so fingers crossed. Actually I have felt quite emotional to find that I won’t be on my own on this journey, I didn’t know these forums existed but it’s wonderful support so thank you!

• posted by Greeneyes
    on

Hi again – managed to find somewhere to log on to the net … Day 2 and it’s been fine – I’ve been hungry, but to be honest I’m always hungry – just part of PCOS I think?
    Yesterday I ate 765 calories, and today 796 calories. I save them up for the evening really – just had a soft boiled egg with salt and pepper for breakfast, and then an apple for lunch. Got home early tonight at half 5 and made a lovely prawn and chicken salad, then saved a Mullerlite yoghurt and some blueberries for my ‘evening treat’!
    Wow LLFT – half a stone in just over a week – that is amazing! Congratulations! I told my colleagues at work today I was starting this diet – and by coincidence another lady started today!
    How’s your day gone Millie Moo? I weighed myself yesterday but I’m staying somewhere else for a few days – I have brought the bathroom scales with me and may weigh in tomorrow … but of course it is a different place/floor so not sure how accurate it will be!

• posted by Pancita
    on

Hi Green eyes,
    Excuse my butting in, but why don’t you try swapping your Muller light for some full fat Greek yogurt, it is a more natural product and the fat will a) fill you up for longer, b) nourish you more, c) give you more energy. It is low in carbs too.
    Best wishes,
    P xx

• posted by Millie Moo
    on

Hi all, just jumped on the scales and another lb off so that’s 3 since I started on Sunday. Working today so may struggle to drink loads of water but will try. Had the meatballs last night – delicious for diet food, mentally trying to get used to the small portion size when I saw it on the plate I have to say I was worried! But ate slowly and although ready for my breakfast this morning I can’t say I am really starving! Keep going greeneyes I know it’s difficult when away and I am dreading this weekend but if I have lost a good amount up to then I shall be ‘in the zone ‘ and I know I can be really good , just hope other people don’t comment on my lack of eating – if they do I shall explain and by the end of the weekend I shall have some more converts!
    Have a great day!!!

• posted by Greeneyes
    on

Hi Millie Moo and Pancita!
    I didn’t think I could get online til the weekend, but have cheekily popped into a cafe – for mineral water! – and have got online.
    Thanks for the tip about the yoghurt. I have bought some today! I guess I went with the Mullerlite because I know the calories and it is a bit of a sweet treat at the end of the day. I have got to work out how much of the Greek yoghurt I can have and stay within 800 calories.
    Well done on your loss Millie – I hopped on the scales this morning and was pleased to see I’ve lost 6lbs since Sunday. I have been just under 800 calories each day, but today may go slightly over as I’ve planned salmon for dinner which is a little higher in calories than my normal meals – but it says in the recipe book that it’s an average we’re looking for not an exact amount of calories so it should even out.

xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.