How much carbohydrate?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wobblebottom
    on

Hi, can anyone tell me the recommended maximum intake of slow release carbs on the 800 a day?
    Thanks

• posted by Robion
    on

Hi
    I don’t know of a max amount of carb but I have just finished my 8 week and I had between 80 and 95 gm

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Many people here try to keep good carbs between 30 and 50g per day to see fat burning.

I have relatively little to lose in terms of weight and am keeping mine to 20g per day which is working well for me, but could be too little for some people.

It is a good idea to focus on fat – which is good and filling – and protein, with carbs at the lower level I mention. My target levels are at 10% carbs, 50%fat and 40% protein, which is 20g, 45g and 80g respectively. I use MyFitnessPal to keep me on track.

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

BSD is 30 gm/day ideally. The recent furore about eating fat to get thin is similar to what we are doing. The National Obesity Forum .co.uk home page discusses the new guidance around now since this controversial healthy eating guide – see link – you may have to copy and paste;

https://phcuk.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Healthy-Eating-Guidelines-Weight-Loss-Advice-For-The-United-Kingdom-Public-Health-Collaboration.pdf

So once you reach your target weight and you have had the right amount of fats and protein you can allegedly start to reintroduce some carbs and monitor your self up to a max of 130 gm/day low starch/low GI food.

• posted by wobblebottom
    on

Really helpful, thank you

• posted by Lizargh
    on

I’m a 48 year old woman with 35 lbs to lose. I want to do this diet and monitor my intake on my fitness pal. It’s asking me to programme in how much carb protein and fat I want to eat every day. As I’m on 800 calories a day I don’t know what percentages I. Should programme in. Any advice gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

• posted by Avila
    on

Hi,

I am not doing the precise counting, but there have been references to 50g of carbs in a day, no idea how that work out in percentage terms.

I am on week 3 and 4 kgs lighter – without getting stressed over numbers, just aiming for the principles and portion size. I have ended up being more flexible than the 4 week menu planning I set up – but it really helped in week 1, and shopping to the plan so had the right kind of ingredients in. But my menu wasn’t tied to the book plan – we all have our own tastes so working with that, inspired by the recipes.

Find your own rhythm through – and the encouragement and support here is great!

• posted by Frog
    on

For me, 800 calories and 50g carbs results in 44g of fat and 50g of protein
    It maybe worth tracking closely for a couple of weeks at least – will give you a better understanding
    If you’re tracking just calories, or just carbs it’s relatively simple to keep a mental note, but gets harder as you add more elements.
    my fitness pal / calorie counter /myfatsecret – there’s lots out there.

• posted by c0sie
    on

I started the 800 calorie diet using my old weight lifting macros of 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat. That equated to 80g carbs per day, 80g protein per day and 18g fat per day.

For those who may not be aware: 1g carbohydrates is equal to 4 calories, 1g protein is also equal to 4 calories, whereas 1g fat equals 9 calories.

I have stuck to these macros for just under 2 weeks now and feel drained, and pretty crap tbh. Having read through the posts here I am definitely going to up my fat intake whilst restricting my carbs to 50g.

My new macros look something like this: 50g carbs, 60g protein, 40g fat. That works out at a split of 30% protein, 25% carbs, 45% fat.

I love almonds (fat), I love omelettes (fat/protein), I love quark (protein) and I love quinoa (carbs). The rest I can fill with lots of green stuff (salad, veg) and hopefully I’ll notice some mood changes soon!

• posted by Arcanarose
    on

For steady weight loss 45-50g a day. For more weight loss 20-35g a day.

I lost 6.3 kilos in 4 weeks on 45-55g carbs a day. However now My hunger pangs and cravings have disappeared, I am reducing my carbs to 25-35g a day. I am excited to see the new hopefully bigger weight-loss results over the next 4 weeks 🙂

• posted by Arcanarose
    on

c0sie, for mood lifts try Erkhart Tolles Guided meditation on YouTube and Kim Eng’s Shaking Practice on YouTube every day. Also watch funny and silly things, go out, or distract yourself.

I have seen an increase in crankiness too. I have added the meditation and shaking practice to my exercise routine every morning before High Intensity training. And if I get cranky in the afternoon I do it again.

Erkhart Tolles Guided meditation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5ZYBdvEd_E&list

Kim Eng’s Shaking Practice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DhwJoylC28

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

You may like to look at the attached site for sone interesting info for nutrient target percentages.

http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com

I didn’t have type2, and needed to lose comparatively little weight – 20 odd pounds – but had success with keeping carbs to 20-30g per day and upping fat percentages as this is what keeps you feeling fuller.

I found the site helpful for maintenance calorie targets too – my base metabolic requirements were under what I thought and it’s easy to see how – especially eating refined carbs and sugars – one can overeat in calorie terms on a daily basis. I certainly was.

Anyway, hope this is helpful – worked for me as I lost more than 15% of my starting body weight in slightly over the 8 weeks, feeling great, and OH now off his Metformin.

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

c0sie I am glad to see you have decided to up your fat. Your new macro looks better for this low calorie diet. Don’t forget to vary things up a bit. Almonds are great, but macadamias and brazil nuts are also great, and most nuts. Just keep checking the success stories and their daily diets.Frog’s numbers above are pretty good

Best of luck

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

ps and don’t forget a tiny bit of EVOO on the salad.

• posted by c0sie
    on

Arcanarose,
    Thanks for the recommendation of the meditation videos – I definately need some quite/chilled time in my life!

Ruth,
    Feel a lot happier at the moment for upping the fat and lowering the carbs already! Dont feel groggy, dont have weird “empty” breathe – just feel better – fingers crossed Im saying this in a week! 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.