How many carbs

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lynnedb
    on

I’m doing the 800 calories per day 8 week plan. I think I read on here that we should limit our carbs to 30 – 40 grams per day. Is that what is recommended? I had the portabello mushrooms & no added sugar baked beans for lunch. When I looked on MFP after I’d entered it, it showed 20grams just for the beans. This then took me way over 40grams. Any advice anyone?

• posted by Verano
    on

Lynnedb Michael Mosely doesn’t specify any number of carbs in the BSD book but other low carb diet plans suggest less than 50g a day to lose weight and control blood sugar. 30 – 40g a day is average but some people need to drop to 20g or even less. It’s very much a case of trial and error. If you search on ‘how many carbs’ in the box above I’m sure you will find plenty information.

• posted by Lynnedb
    on

Thanks Verano, for replying. I’m more concerned about reducing my blood sugar, if I’m loosing weight aswell what brilliant bonus!

• posted by Fernie
    on

I shopped for low sugar baked beans yesterday. The Tesco little tin had 26g carbs per tin, and Heinz can, (albeit slightly smaller) had 19g.

• posted by Lynnedb
    on

That’s what I used Fernie, the Heinz ones

Please log in or register to post a reply.