Holidays are over, let’s Zoom towards October! 4 week challenge ending 2 Oct

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Angela06
    on

Good evening, Zoomers,
    well this week’s weigh in was a bit disappointing but unsurprising. I’m down a slight 200g after helping a friend celebrate her birthday. Did I enjoy it? The champagne…definitely, the quinoa salad…yes but then I made it…the chocolate cake, not at all. I do notice, though, that after even a thimbleful of alcohol I’m unlikely to say no to food.
    Good luck, Natalie, making a tricky decision like that
    Jordana: broccoli works well with blue cheese too.
    Kazz UK; I have shocking stomach ache after eating bread or products that are predominantly wheat. I had noticed it before but after following the Fast BSD for 18+months even a small piece sends me into spasms…
    Well done to all losers this week. And good luck to all of us trying to lose…

• posted by happyitsworking
    on

Hello Zoomers, forgot to post yesterday’s weigh in. So I ended up with a 2lb lose for last week which is when I really started.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

A slight loss for me this week which is encouraging. I am down to 138.8. I am off to Barcelona on Monday for five days so I will post my weight a day early and hope to be in the 137s. I am going to try a couple of fasts before I go.I am going to fast tomorrow until tea time and again on Sunday. Have a good week everyone.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Well done Cathy and everyone else who lost this week, however small the loss, a loss is a loss 🙂
    Cathy good luck with your fasts and have a great time on holiday 🙂
    Natalie – you need to do what is best for you. If your doctor is recommending the test I’d go with his advice. Only because if left untreated coeliac disease can cause issues. Even if you are eating a few slices of bread per day, you can still stick to BSD foods for your meals. Then you can go back to 800 calories once you’ve had the tests.
    Unfortunately my weight went the other way this week, I’m 700g up on last week, so moving further away from my goal…
    I’m finding motivation hard at the moment. It was easier a few weeks ago when I had a big loss, losses spur me on and help me to stay on track. But when weight stays the same or increases week after week it is much harder.
    I’m not giving up though, far from it! I’m determined to lose at least another 5kg this year.
    I’m going to plan my meals from the book this week. I think my gain over the last week is due to me eating what I feel like (on plan foods) and not weighing or measuring, I guesstimate. Only because after more than a year of weighing and measuring I know what 100g chicken looks like, 25g cheese etc, but maybe I’ve over-allowed. I’ve also had a few evenings this week where I’ve had a glass of wine or 2 and that doesn’t help.
    So back to ththe drawing board for me and hopefully a loss by the end of week 3!
    Good luck everyone! Here’s to a successful week for us all.

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’m doing ok with the bread so far, no stomach pain but my sinus headache from hay fever has suddenly got a lot worse. I know if I start to gain weight I will freak. I’m trying to stick to BSD aside from the bread and just enjoy it. I do still like bread, and it makes an easy breakfast. Ow, I think the RSI in my hands is flaring up though.
    SueBlue guesstimating can be dangerous cant it! I think our perceptions get skewed over time. I tend to weigh calorie-dense things but not bother with others.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Suddenly quiet on here…. my weight was down half a kilo all week then suddenly up overnight, back to where I was last Monday. Curse you, weekends! (Shakes fist at sky.)

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Morning Zoomers
    I’m starting off my week, back on track and also back to the drawing board and hope to end this challenge with a loss by next Tuesday. Got the girlies coming for a weekend at mine on Friday but that shouldn’t be an issue as they’re all on board to eat BSD friendly. 16.9 on the scales this morning… ouch! gone up 2 lbs since Sat morning but I usually do as I eat more over the weekend than in the week. Anyway, it’s a brand new start for me today.
    Nathalie – how long until your appt? I get all sorts of creaky, achy reminders when eating bread.
    Have a good day!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Natalie
    on

Kazz I’ve still got three weeks to go. It’s weird, apart from the first day I’ve had zero obvious gluten/carb related symptoms. No stomach cramps – and I had been getting them most night/mornings before! And the only mouth ulcer was after eating chocolate, not bread. Hopefully this means I don’t have Coeliac.
    I know most of you still have a day before your weigh-in, stay strong!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Nathalie, fingers crossed that’s the case. I shall be interested to know how you get on. My test came back negative but you can have a non ceoliac gluten intolerance apparently.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Guys,
    I have got out of the habit of reporting progress each week. My targets are no longer weight related, but are focused more on doing the work to get down to my target dress size. – I read recently that our bodies are around 60% water and the amount fluctuates by up to 2litres over the course of a day. – As each litre weights 1kg. There is simply no point in getting fixated on the readings of the scales except as a general trend.
    So I am going to focus on trusting that the process works, and working to be more fat adapted. I realised last week that despite keeping carbs down as much as I could I am not fully fat adapted yet. – Probably because as a vegi I can’t get carb levels down to 20g a day. My aim for next week is to move from eating 800 cals per day, to eating 1600 cals over a course of 2 days. with some days just having coffee with cream, and the following day having a couple of meals. I am also going to focus more on omelettes and baked cheese dishes on my eating days.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

JGwen I like your approach to focussing on reaching a target dress size.
    I’m not getting anywhere with the scales lately and wonder if I should reassess my goals.
    At the start of this challenge I was really motivated. Over the last 2 weeks though my weight has been going up not down. My birthday was a few days ago so the past week has seen meals out, drinks, birthday cakes etc which hasn’t helped!
    However if I compare September as a month to August, then I have lost about 1.8kg. Maybe I’ll just look at my weight each month rather than stressing each week when I don’t have a loss.
    We have a public holiday here on Monday so I’m going to use the long weekend to plan and prepare some meals so that fingers crossed my weight will start going back down again.
    Good luck to everyone else in the last week of the challenge. I can’t believe I’m saying that already – it feels like we just started!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

As this is the last week of the current challenge, it means it’s almost time once again to start the next one. Does anyone have any ideas?
    I’ll kick off with “Let’s Zoom towards Halloween with no bad carbs to be seen” as the next 4 week challenge will end the day before Halloween.
    Which makes me realise just how fast the end of the year is approaching, time to get serious!

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi SueBlue and everyone: gosh is it that time already?!

I’m doing ok-ish – 3lb down this challenge, which is not as much as I’d hoped but definitely moving in the right direction. Was doing well but then the last 10 days or so been a bit sidelined by lots of visitors and entertaining: but all sounds like excuses and – like someone else said on here – I’m getting on my own nerves now!!

So I’ll definitely be joining you for the next one. Like your idea SueBlue, and also have in my head that old song Remember Remember the 5th November. So I’d wondered about a play on those words e.g. Remember Remember Low Carb November, or perhaps Remember To Cut Carbs and Zoom to November.

But am happy with any title – just hope I can stick to plan this time and get safely below 140lb well before the behemoth of Christmas approaches :@

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hello!
    SueBlue – really like the name of the next challenge! I probably won’t join it this time though as me and Verano have set up the road trip to Christmas thread so will be posting on there my weekly outcomes.
    I can’t remember what I was when I started this but I am back in the groove finally and am 3.5 lbs down from last week.
    Good luck everyone!
    Kazzeexx

on

Hi Zoomers

Is anyone out there?! Gone very quiet on here 🙁

Thank you so much SueBlue for setting up the last challenge and seeing us through! I’ve lost 3lb this time which for me is a very positive step back in the right direction.

If there is a group of people still wanting to do the 4-week challenge then I am happy to set the next one up tomorrow and will use Sue’s suggested title of “Let’s Zoom towards Halloween with no bad carbs to be seen”.

Otherwise there is the Verano and Kazzee’s Road Trip to Christmas thread which is a recently started 6-week challenge. So if there is no response to this post then I will join that one and hope to see some of you there 🙂

KOKO X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Yes DCT I agree it has gone very quiet on here. To be honest I was thinking of joining Kazzee’s thread also.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi, Have set up the next four week challenge. – Thanks for the suggestion on a title SueBlue.
    I haven’t been posting very much over the last week, its a bit difficult to touchtype and hold a tissue to your nose at all times. – But thankfully the cold is fading.
    Because I look at all recent posts, rather than specific threads I can see that newcomers to the forum tend to like the idea of a 4 week thread, so I thought it was best to continue with it.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello everyone
    I’ve been in Barcelona for a week and prior to that was getting my head around some pending investigations, trying to sort a new car following the incident that wrote my car off and dealing with my mother in law who is suffering with dementia. Hence I’ve not been in the best place. I’ve got myself sorted with a new car and am in hospital on 19th October as a day case and so all being well I will be back on track very soon trying to lose the few pounds that have crept on during the stress!

Well done to you DCT for losing 3lb. That is fantastic. Well done to everyone who has achieved their monthly goal for this challenge. Great to see you too SueBlue are still heading in the right direction.

I am going to wait until after my investigations before stressing myself to try and lose the few pounds ive gained over the summer. I am a little apprehensive about getting on the scales to be honest. I ate a lovely pizza in Barcelona and had two chocolate mint ice creams! However, I walked on average 17,000 steps every day!

I always look in at the forum so will keep track of how everyone is doing and hopefully it won’t be long before I feel I can get myself back on track,. In October last year I achieved my goal weight of 133lb and hopefully I can get back to goal before too long. I am only a few pounds above goal weight at present but like I said, I can’t face seeing what the scales say at the moment! I am determined, however, that I will never give up this way of eating so the little Barcelona blip is over now and I am back to low carb once more!

Thanks JGwen for setting up the new challenge. Not long til Christmas and that will inspire a lot of us to keep low carb.

on

Hi Cathy

Good to hear from you and thanks for your kind words. Sounds like you had a good time in Barcelona and I’m sure that any impact scales-wise will soon correct itself: you are so disciplined and determined that you are bound to achieve your goal again in the near future. I do hope that you get your car situation sorted and find the help and strategies you need for your mother-in-law. All the best for your hospital visit as well.

SueBlue keep on going! You have achieved so much since starting your BSD journey and can make it even further.

Good luck to everyone who has been on this thread and thanks JGwen for setting up the next one. I am participating in a longer-term thread now, with the renewed goal of shedding a stone by Christmas, but will check into our new four week thread now and again too.

Here we go!

Please log in or register to post a reply.