Holiday advice please

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I often holiday with friends, staying in their homes in Italy or USA. In both homes they eat lots of carbs. Italy is the slightly easier destination, despite the pasta etc, they still serve protein, salad etc. What is the best way round this please?

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi captainlynne you are holidaying with FRIENDS in their homes. Tell them what you are doing & why. They can look at the web site too. Offer to cook them some meals , as your repertoire expands it will be fine. Go food shopping with them or for them. Bulk up on lots of veg.
    I went to Hawaii & it was poi & spam! Rice & potatoes was their idea of 2 veg on a plate. A whole cob lettuce sprinkled with cheese was considered a salad. I was very surprised & disappointed.
    The USA has a huge problem with diabetes & portions. They may be very grateful & impressed with your efforts to change your life. It could rub off – go girl & enjoy

Please log in or register to post a reply.