HIIT

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Trelawny
    on
  • posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Trelawny, you didnt actually say anything so I will start this thread. After watching the report on Trust me Im a Doctor this week I decided to give home HIIT a go. I think I am supposed to do 60 seconds high speed whatever (for me it was running on the spot), then 90 seconds of rest. I managed 40 seconds and collapsed into a heap and said, never again. But I have decided to give it another go but do it is 30 second bursts with 60 seconds rest. Hopefully I will get better and better and be able to do more.

First I am going to go to the Get Active section and read that again.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Good idea, I think I could try running. Won’t be able to do long to start, but like you I can build on it. Will pluck up courage, give it a go and let you know how I got on.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Well the get active section didnt help but I decided to try the running on the spot again. Did 30 seconds run then 60 rest repeated twice more so did 3 times. Hope to build on it by doing it 4 then 5 then 6 times. Then increase 30 seconds to 45 and so on. If nothing else it will show if I have improved my stamina. I think you do it 3 times a week but might do it every other day. I also swim every day for 30 mins but did 40 yesterday.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Well did 10 mins HIIT, jumping jacks, high knee runs and running. Longest I managed was 1min running, then rest. Did manage 30 secs of jumping jacks, very impressed with myself! Revived sufficiently in the 90 secs to carry on, so was able to do 10 mins total. Your swimming is fantastic, keep it up.

Please log in or register to post a reply.