HIIT 10 minute rowing routine

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Monad
    on

I’ve been incorporating some HIIT style rapid sprints into my daily cycling and brisk (Nordic) walking but wanted something that gave me more of a total body workout and particularly that worked more on my core muscles so discovered the rowing machine at the gym. After some practice I have hit on a 10 minute routine that works nicely for me combining some FAST HIIT and Tabata principles that I can easily slot into my busy day (I use the gym at the University I work at so it’s easy to visit after work or during lunch break). I do this 3 times a week now.

2 minute warm up building up gradually to a steady pace at around 650 calories/hour

1 minute sprint aiming to push as hard as possible – I try to keep this over 850 cal/hr and can achieve 950 for short bursts

1 minute steady pace (around 600-650)

1 minute sprint

1 minute steady pace

1 minute sprint

Last 3 minutes I wind down alternating 20 second sprints and 10 second rests (at moderate pace), with a final gradual slow down at the end

Overall I find I’m covering around 2,500 metres at medium resistance (which I will gradually increase)

• posted by MortenOsloNorway
    on

Sounds good! I fully subscribe to the concept of HIIT and believe it is a very valuable addition to the Fast800 diet! 🙂

• posted by Natalie
    on

I am in week six of the BSD and I really haven’t exercised at all, not even walking, less than I was doing before BSD. I know how important it is. I just don’t have a lot of energy. Some people say they have more energy, sleep better etc on this diet but not me so far. I think from past experience that my body doesn’t like low-carb much. But it’s the only way I can lose weight so I am sticking to it. At least I haven’t got depressed this time. I tried a ketostix and I was def in ketosis, very dark maroon result. Which actually means I’m creating a lot of waste while burning fat, that is what ketostix measure. I should push myself and do more walking, but I just can’t imagine doing anything strenuous like HIIT.

• posted by denisesunny
    on

I’ve really only upped my walking but going to add this into my weekly plan. Thanks for posting. i have been wanting to incorporate some HIT workouts. Have to wait until I get back home (concept 2 rower in garage) as away helping family with imminent arrival of a new grandchild.

Please log in or register to post a reply.