Hey all. New to this thingy. Cheesy beans recipe please !!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Stacebroon
    on

As above am looking for inspiration and spotted cheesy beans being mentioned. Can anyone share the recipe pretty please?
    Thank uuuuuuuuuuu x

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Grill 2 Portobello or other large mushrooms, pour half a can of baked beans in a pan, throw in around 30g of cheese, (mozzarella in recipe but I prefer Cheddar) with a dash of Worcester sauce. Pour beans on cooked mushrooms and enjoy. If you dont have Worcester Sauce or Lea & Perrins a drop of brown sauce will do.

• posted by Stacebroon
    on

Hi Sunshine, that’s great, I guess it’s the low cal baked beans you use?
    Also, does this come within the 200 or 400 calorie bracket? I could easily do this for tea, but I guess I could also have for my lunch if it’s in the 200 cal range?
    I try and do 200/200/400 if I can as I get really hungry at teatime is all.

Thank you very much for your help on this, as I say I’m new here, and it’s all been a bit of a rollercoaster this week trying to think of different things to eat.

Today I am having; greek yogurt with fruit, a 200g prawn lettuce and tomato salad with the marie rose recipe on the forum, then the tuna patties that Stacey put on the recipes in the book with a side salad and perhaps some spiralised cougetti. I think I’m doing the right type of thing eh?!
    I did have a flat white coffee this morning, and am drinking zero sugar flavoured water during the day to stave hunger…..

Any tips are good, and thank you again!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Absolutely NEVER EVER USE LOW CAL FOODS. Poison. The recipe from the book is around 260 cals for half a tin of normal baked beans, just a small amount of cheese to give it some flavour and a dash of sauce. The mushrooms have hardly any calories and they are included in the calorie count of 260. I would have it for a lunch or brunch, not enough for a main meal which is when I have my dinner.
    Just one other tip – the zero calorie water will have a sweet taste no doubt to make it more palatable – read the ingredients, if they are including a fake sugar like saccharine or eritheryol (excuse spelling) then they are not good for you – I always say if I have to check the ingredients against a chemical dictionary then dont have it. The artificial sweeteners cause the body to expect energy by way of sugar, then it gets the sweetness without the energy and causes craving as it feels deprived. So you get the sugar hit as if it is real sugar but a very quick drop because there is no sugar. If you must have sweetness try a drop of pure apple or cranberry juice (just a drop) or mash some strawberries into the water or a squeeze of lemon.

• posted by Stacebroon
    on

Well, this thing really does work!!

I’ve lost 5lbs in 5 days! Something’s working for me anyway!!!

I weighed with wet hair too – so am taking a couple of 0Z’s off for that lol lol……

Please log in or register to post a reply.