Here we go again lol

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by geordie90
    on

I did the Newcastle diet a few years ago and had excellent results but unfortunately at the time there was no follow on diet recomended.
    I started the Fast 800 on April the 7th and to compound matters I am in Saudi Arabia (just to make things more difficult ) staying in a nice hotel with excellent food. I managed to locate a body building supplement shop and bought some meal replacement shake and a mixer.
    On the first day I took my sugars at 3pm in the afternoon, it was 10.7. My weight was 15’3lbs. This weight seems to be my bodies preferred weight as it fluctuates very little no matter what I do. I am a prop forward type body shape and am 5’7″ tall and my ideal weight is supposed to be 11 stones lol. If i got to this weight id look ridiculous lol. On the Newcastle diet I just broke the 13 stone barrier but looked like a bobble head as my body shrank but my head did not lol.
    The saving grace out here is that the hotel has an excellent gym so ive been having my shakes through the day, tbh i only need one as I have a black coffee for breakfast, then come in from work, spend an hour in the gym doing weights and some HIIT on a bike then I have a small meal made up mostly of protein and green vegetables. I find after exercise im less hungry which is a bonus.
    Its now day seven, checked my sugars after gym at 1pm and it was 7.4. Normally after gym I get a spike but didnt today. My weight is down to 14’12lbs which im over the moon with.
    This just shows me that this diet def works, its tough theres no doubt about that, but doable. Secret is to keep occupied and not think of food.
    I return home in a couple of weeks and intend to continue the shakes and light meals in evening, as well as the gym routine.
    Im nearly fifty so if I can do it, anyone can.
    If anyone needs support of just someone to correspond with in the tough times let me know, its good to share a comment with a fellow dieter.
    Cheers
    Craig

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

hello!!! I’m very new to this, only started a week ago. Thought i would say hello and good luck as I used to work in Newcastle,!
    Xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

What sort of shakes are you using, Geordie? There can be all kinds of sugars hidden therein, and they masquerade under
    21 different names. The sooner you learn to prepare whole foods for yourself in appropriate portions, the sooner you will
    learn to arrive at a plan that will not only propel you through weight loss, but will provide you with a solid plan for a life
    of healthy eating. Convenience products and meal replacements can’t do that for us. There is a learning curve for
    each one of us, and the sooner you jump in, the farther along you will be. Wishing you much success,

Allie

• posted by geordie90
    on

Hi thanks for message and hope you are missing the best city in England 😉
    Allie
    Shakes are convenient when out of country tbh I use a high protein one and it doesn’t spike my sugars

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

Geordie it is a fabulous city although perhaps not the best football team??😆😆
    Great going so far. X

• posted by alliecat
    on

Perhaps it’s a cultural thing, but I have no comprehension of what you mean when you say that you hope I miss the best
    city in England, Geordie. Care to elaborate?

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

Allie he was talking to me as i said i used to work in his home city. 😂😂

• posted by alliecat
    on

Okay, Happy! Thank you for the input…I think (?) I understand… You are sweet!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Allie Newcastle is an awesome place! If you want to meet some of THE most kind and generous people in the UK go and spend some time in Newcastle! They are lovely. My father is Geordie ( a person born and bred in Newcastle) I class myself half Geordie. They are like me, kind, empathic and really funny without even trying🤣🤣🤣🤣. They are fab.

Geaodie do you play rugby? My son who is 13 plays full back for his local team and loves it. They won away today to Hove with my boy scoring 4 of the 8;try’s, soz just a little proud.🤣❤️.

Also a very warm welcome to you and well done for giving it another go. We are here to help you and when you get back to the uk get you on this fab WOE. Birdy💞🦜

Please log in or register to post a reply.