Here Goes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Daisy Derya
    on

Well. Started today. Not because I have any blood sugar related problems but I am just FAT. My father and uncle both had type 2 diabetes so chances are if I don’t do something I am at risk.
    This evening, or any evening come to that, is going to be the most difficult because I always crave something sweet after my evening meal.
    So, first day 178 lbs, 40 inch waist. Shameful I know. Lets see if there is any change next week.

• posted by ManTooBig
    on

Hi Daisy.
    I too have today started this diet today , after reading the BloodSugar book and reading quite a few posts. Like you I don’t have (I think – a BG tester is not cheap!) any BG issues but am obese (BMI = 32) and have high cholesterol. So I am fat too. Also family history of heart disease and type 2 (not related are we? 🙂 ).
    I have a biology background and am convinced by the science M Mosley explains, so I am trying to be positive about the outcomes. Today I am very hungry, but as it’s day 1, I expect this.
    I anticipate the hardest thing will be that my wife will not be on the diet (tho she will support me) and as I have always done most of the cooking, I am looking for my self-control – it would be sensible to ask wife to prepare her own food, for at least a couple of weeks I think.
    I think these posts will help (I have never used a forum before) so thanks for your post Daisy and best of luck.
    First day I am 15st 7lbs – 217 pounds.

• posted by Theamazingshrinkingwoman
    on

I have been having a hot sugar free blackcurrant squash when the sweet craving strikes in the evening. Would something like that help?

• posted by Daisy Derya
    on

Ha ha. Yes we could be related.

I have never used a forum before but I thought it might be useful for the times when I find it difficult.

I made it through last night without reaching for the sweet stuff so I am quite pleased with myself.

I too am hungry today but I don’t know why. I really didn’t eat much less than normal, just not the bread or potatoes. I am very tired today also but I am told this will pass.

I am lucky that I am doing this with a friend so we can keep each other going and share meal ideas.

Good luck, keep in touch

• posted by Daisy Derya
    on

Hi.
    Thanks for the idea.

I love good old Ribena, especially in the winter. But I cannot drink the sugar free stuff as it usually has aspartame in it and I am allergic to it.

Is the one you use sugar and sweetener free? I live in Turkey so it would be impossible to get it here unless I can get somebody to bring it out to me when they visit.

• posted by Theodora
    on

ManTooBig – just thought I would make a comment regarding you doing the cooking and your wife not doing BSD800. I did two rounds of 800 from early Jan to early May, and lost 3st 5lbs (which far exceeded my original hoped for goal, which was 2st) whilst cooking for my husband and, very frequently, my 2 sons who all have HUGE appetites but who are all slim. I really didn’t find it overly difficult, on the whole they had the same as me (the food you are allowed is delicious) but with added carbs – potatoes, pasta and bread. They also generally have 3 courses at their evening meal, I had always only had two, but I reduced that to just one during my 800 rounds. I have now been maintaining for almost 3 months and find I no longer want the refined carbs, but still provide them for my menfolk. I do now, however, have 2 courses, and frequently a glass of wine. So, even if cooking for someone who is not partaking in this WOE, it is perfectly doable.

Good luck to all you new starters, and please shout if you need any help / advice / support from us “old-timers” 😜

Please log in or register to post a reply.