Help using this site

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lardylad
    on

Hello.

Can any techy folks guide this old dinosaur around the site?

1. There doesn’t seem to be a link to download the clever guts app onto home PC. Just a registration page that I’ve already completed and the online program seems likewise impossible to access.
    2. The registration process said it needed me to confirm details in email they jus sent but none has arrived. Is this site 24hrs?
    3. There is a Get Started tab but that doesn’t seem to tell you how other than to buy the books that I have already ordered.
    4. Is it possible to start the Fast 800 before they arrive apart from calorie counting that I can do as a stop gap?
    5. Apart from this helpful forum page, I can’t see anything else that was not already in view before registering. Have I missed something?

• posted by Lardylad
    on

What! The on line programme wants £99. So, it’s looking as though apart from Forum support, there is nothing on this site except links to buy things. It that right?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Lardylad – Welcome to the forum and sorry you have been struggling with the website. If you use the Tabs next to ‘Home’ at to top of the page, you will find lots of information on the various low carb diets options, has various items including looking at things like Hidden Sugars / what fats to include; there is a good FAQ and quizzes to help you make and assessment of your current situation.

Yes, if you want to make a start on the Fast 800 before your book arrives, you can certainly follow the principles of the diet and limit your calories to 800 per day. The principles are of course low carb / high fat, so you should avoid all sweet things, anything made with cereals, root veggies especially potatoes and parsnips, rice, pasta, bread, etc. Include small amounts of dairy and good fats like olive oil, nut oils etc. and nuts, seeds, avocado. Eat plenty of above ground veggies / salad. Good hydration is essential, so drink at least 2lts a day. I’d suggest keeping things simple, so for breakfast think eggs, or yogurt with some nuts and a few berries, lunch think a salad with a protein source and dinner a protein source and veggies, just be sure to count the calories in everything you consume. Once you get the book, you can either follow the meal plans, or continue to create your own menus.

Like you, I’m not a whizz when it comes to the techy stuff, but there may be someone on the forum that can offer more guidance to you on that front and hopefully they will be along soon. Meanwhile, do please make the most of the forum and join any thread that looks relevant to you.

Best wishes on your quest and hope to be seeing you posting positive results soon.

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Hi. SunnyB has given you the majority of the “get started” information. You can start anytime, just as she has said by keeping low carb, medium protein and higher good fat. It isn’t necessary to buy the £99 online course – unless you really want to. Many people have had great success by just tweaking the meals they usually have. Can’t help with the app as I only use the .com (full) site as I don’t use my phone apps for this kind of site. I find using the full site much easier to see/navigate.

Just join any thread you might be interested in. The weekly thread usually has a mix of ‘old timers’ and new joiners so that you get lots of help and support. Good Luck with reaching your aims.

Please log in or register to post a reply.