help – running endurance disappeared!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sholdowa
    on

just finishing week 1 of the diet and lost about 5kg so over the moon about that. I started at 102kg, where i’d been for the last two and a half years. The bit I’m not happy about is my usual runs ( they’re waddles really – I pretend km’s are miles to gett more acceptable times )… the short 5k takes 5 minutes longer and laves me dead, and my 8k ended up with a 1k walk home today – and I still feel terrible.

Any ideas??

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

The good news is this is temporary, and once you have adapted to burning fat instead of carbs/glycogen your endurance will be back, you are just literally running out of energy. Once your body fat is available as a fuel source, and your metabolism is working properly again, you will be able to use that nearly unlimited fuel source. (Although running your body fat too low is very dangerous). Everyone is different but I would say in a couple of weeks the adaptation should have occurred and it will get much better.

• posted by sholdowa
    on

Thanks Mixnmatch, good to know it won’t last too long – I felt so ill yesterday. Re running low on body fat… I used to race at 67Kg – so coming down from 102 will take a looong time to get there!

Please log in or register to post a reply.