Help please

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Cary
    on

I’m 5 +1/2 weeks into the BS Diet and lost 15.0kg now at yesterday’s weigh in.

Would appreciate thoughts or help on a few topics.

1 first time I’ve experienced light headedness forlast few days.Ive been eating the same foods as before but only thing I can think of is lesser water during working hours.

2 weight loss far more from my extremities rather than abdomen. I have lost weight round my tum but it feels less than everywhere else.

3 I eat a lot of vegetables, both raw and lightly cooked but my motions are slowing down over the last week and almost feeling bloated with constipation. Not tried laxatives but any other ideas to help would be appreciated.

4 my blood sugar levels have risen slightly from normal after fasting to slightly above, and also slightly higher 2 hours after meals.

Appreciate any thoughts on my issues. Thank you.

The BSD is truly life improving ! Keep it up everyone, it’s amazing.

Cary ๐ŸŒž

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Cary, re the lightheadedness, try adding a little salt, it can become depleted with the higher water intake and water also gets flushed away when losing weight (that is how the fat leaves the body) and takes salt with it.

In the botty department, have you tried chia seeds, they make the stool firmer but more easily moved through the bowel, also try prunes and maybe even some Andrews Liver Salts (yes you can still buy them).

Can’t help with 2, and 4 as it an personal thing to do with how your own body reacts to things, fat leaves the body where ever it wants to so you cannot tell it tummy be gone, it will do as it likes. As for your BG again that could be down to lots of reasons, time of day, time of month, have you got a cold, how are you sleeping, so many factors to consider.

Hope that helps and others come on with more tips.

• posted by Lara
    on

Hi Cary, agree with sunshine-girl re the salt. Also, if you’re on BP medication maybe check with your doctor? I had to adjust my meds because I was getting lightheaded.

re 2 – I have the same issue – it’s the curse of the apple shape ๐Ÿ™‚ My belly is getting smaller, but it will just take more time than elsewhere on my body

re 3 – search for the thread on “constipation”. There’s been a fair bit of discussion about it on the forums. Most seem to go for chia or flaxseeds / linseeds. Prunes also get a mention ๐Ÿ™‚

not sure about 4, sorry.

Congrats on your results so far – 15kgs in 5 weeks is fantastic!

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Fantastic weigh loss Cary:-)
    Good advice from the other ladies and someone will come along to answer your question no 4.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Cary

Check out Bill1945’s posts. He talks about his experiences with blood sugars.

Mine are now down in the normal range.

Please log in or register to post a reply.