Help – need to eat out!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by pbgv
    on

Hi there. I’m new to the diet – day 2! – but am really enjoying the meals I’ve been eating so far. In fact, there’s some rhubarb cooking in the oven as I type.
    I intend to follow the diet as closely as I can, but I have a few birthday meals coming up and would appreciate anyone’s wisdom on the best foods to choose.
    The first meal is at a carvery. Would it be okay to just have the meat and vegetables, no potatoes or Yorkshires?
    The second is at an Indian restaurant. I’m not sure what would be the best choice. Can anyone help please?
    Thanks in advance

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi pbvg
    One thing I love about this WOE is you can almost always find a BSD friendly option when dining out 🙂
    Yes the meat and veggies at the carvery are fine, and skip the potatoes and Yorkshire Puddings – you can make BSD friendly ones at home btw, using chickpea flour 🙂
    As for Indian – I would go for Tandoori chicken, or any curry that doesn’t have potato in it, also of course you’d skip the rice and naan bread – but Poppadums and raita are usually fine to have on the side.
    Above all, enjoy your meals out 🙂

• posted by pbgv
    on

Thanks for taking the time to share your wisdom! It’s nice to know I can still enjoy meals out.

• posted by Squidge
    on

I agree with SueBlue – except I’m not sure abiout the poppadums. I thought they were made with wheat flour? (I’ve not checked as I don’t like them so don’t eat them anyway).

You could also eat kebabs, lamb tikka, tandori prawns and many of the vegetable side dishes.

We eat a lot of home made Indian food, as we love it and it’s so easy to make things with very few carbs. We’re having beef madras tonight with onion bhajis (I make using gran flour, but some places use wheat, so you might want to ask before ordering if eating out) tomato and coriander salad, and raita.

• posted by CarolineHP
    on

Carvery: meat and cabbage
    Indian: Tandoori chicken, dhal and raita.

• posted by pbgv
    on

Thanks for the helpful tips!

• posted by Avocado73
    on

Fab thank you for this thread,I’m planning tandoori prawns,sag and dhal as a treat this friday.

Please log in or register to post a reply.