Help!! Fast800 ground to halt – what could I do?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bombalone
    on

Hello. I realise there are lots of posts about plateaus but I am really disheartened and wondered if anyone had any suggestions. I am totally committed to loose this weight and will do whatever it takes.

I am in week 4. I have lost 5kgs so far ( in first 2 weeks) but am now losing 0.1-0.2kg per week (for 2 weeks) and losing heart. I have a further 15kg to loose to get to a healthy weight. I am willing to tweak anything but cannot see what to tweak. Here is what I am doing:
    —Under 800 cals per day
    —Under 20g carbs per day
    —40-60g protein per day
    —IF/ restricted eating window varying from 2pm-7pm to 4pm-7pm
    —I am fastidiously monitoring all intake on MyFitnessPal

Any suggestions? Waist circ not reducing much either so it’s not like that is changing whilst weight stalling…

Help!!

Thank you lovely people.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Your weight is not a reflection of progress, it consists of water weight (we are supposed to drink 2 litres of water a day, each litre = 1kg) so it depends where you are on water in / out.

It also includes what is in your digestive system. 800 calories of celery weighs more than 800 calories of cheese.

Its quite common for there to be a plateau after a few weeks when the body starts to catch up in maintaining bones and muscles. When insulin levels are high it not only effects the production / burning of body fat it also blocks the hormone systems which control bone strength and muscle strength.

Your body will start by discarding the fat around the organs before it discards the fat under the skin. = So there may not be any obviously inch loss initially, Also inch loss tends to occur in all sorts of places before the waist. – People find their faces change, collar bones emerge, shoe size drops before inch loss from our waists.

I promise you, this works, just give it a bit of time.
    Your body will be healing, it took you a long time to put on the weight, it will take time to discard it again.

• posted by Bombalone
    on

Hi JGwen thank you so much for your encouraging response. When you put it that simply re water, as an example, it is clear that I am obsessing with the numbers in too much detail. But what I really needed to hear, and to believe was”
    “I promise you, this works, just give it a bit of time.”
    It’s easy to get disheartened, to consider that this isn’t as good as everyone makes out – approx.6783 diets down the road, it’s easy to loose faith fast…
    Thank you

• posted by JGwen
    on

Lets put it this way, I think our record holder was Alliecat who had discarded over 8 stone and has since maintained for a few years. I have only managed a bit over 40kg and there are others on the forum with a similar level of success.

Our bodies are designed to carry extra weight around our waist, its the easiest place for our body given we are designed to walk on 2 feet. So that will be the last area you discard.

The secret is to look for all the victories and celebrate them. Not just weight on scales, or inches discarded, but also ease of effort on tasks, how comfortable you are on a walk. Look for all the None Scale Victories.

• posted by Rocketmande
    on

Hello there, oh I really needed to hear this too – thank you! I’m on Day 13 and have lost 9 lbs but nothing really this last week. “Your body is healing” – I love that, it makes sense and I really do feel so much better already! 62lbs to go so I’m in this for the long haul! Thanks guys 😊

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Bombalone and Rocketmande, welcome to you both. You’ve both done well to date and seem set to continue. Wonder if you might both consider joining in on the weekly thread? This has a cast of old hands and new comers, all keen to share their stories and journeys, providing encouragement, support and advice as required … no judgement there, just an empathic ear.
    You can rely on a warm welcome there at anytime, so jump in on the current thread, or wait for the new one to kick off on Monday evening if you prefer.
    However you decide to travel, best wishes for achieving your goals.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi SunnyB, there was also Bill1948 who reversed his diabetes. And, I am wracking my brains to remember the other lady. She lost about 6 stone and appeared in a newspaper feature about the diet. This is going to drive me mad but I will remember her name – I cn see her in a red dress. Verano will know who I am talking about. Not everyone has that much to lose but it is great that we know it works for everyone. Me – I lost nearly 3 stone and with only 4 stone to lose at the start was very happy with that. Would be nice to lose the rest, but my motivation is the improvement to my diabetes.

I am madly going through the alphabet to remember – anyone else remember. I think her first real name was Lynne. Wonder how they are doing now.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Sunshine-girl. When I started in here I read every post from Bill 1948 and Captain Lynne. They both hugely helped me.

• posted by Bombalone
    on

Thank you all for such encouraging comments, all your words gratefully received. Everyone being so certain that this will work is very reassuring. I will look up those other posters for inspiration to keep me going. It’s definitely what I need.

Where do I find this ‘weekly thread’? Sounds like I need to be there.

Thank you

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi Bombalone
    This is the current weekly thread https://thebloodsugardiet.com/forums/topic/lets-keep-going-in-2021-one-week-at-a-time-beginning-february-9th-2021/page/2/#post-133191
    There is a new one each Tuesday….just look under the Fast 800 threads – or you can look at all the posts on all topics by choosing Forums/Latest Forum Posts.
    It will work as a new way of life 😀 – long term changes in the food we eat, which are so helpful to our bodies. 🌻🌻🌻

• posted by RedRooster
    on

Hi Bombalone,

Whilst I can’t offer any specific advice to you I’ll tell you what helps me going, I keep a tracker of everything. All I eat and drink as well as all the activities, time I eat, measurements Bloods and sizes . I keep it in an spreadsheet, Most importantly also write down how I’m feeling etc. When I plateau, I check back to what got me through it last time. I’ve spotted a few things that speed me up, I also realise if I don’t lose weight my bloods are still good, and I am a long way from where I started. I also see that I’ve felt down in the past and got through it, everything there to keep me on track. Anyway hope you’re starting to get the results

• posted by JoseJose
    on

Oh I really do sympathise! I lost 10.5kg last August-October by doing BSD. Then I hit a plateau and I haven’t been able to get off it. Ideally I have another 15-20kg to lose…For me, I think one of the things I need to do is just more exercise, as well as sticking religiously to the diet. I’m sort of stuck in a homeschooling/ dark evenings/ winter down frame of mind but it’s not negotiable I suppose 😢

Today is my first day “back” as a BSDer and I really like the spreadsheet tip. I never notice the correlations but they must be there. Good luck Bombalone in getting off the plateau!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

JoseJose, welcome back to the BSD and hope you will find your way through the plateau. Making a fresh start and getting back to basics, you should see some good results soon. Please consider joining us on the weekly thread, as this will offer support and encouragement, as well as advice if needed. This weeks thread has 16th February in the title …. hope we might see you there.

• posted by JoseJose
    on

Thank you SunnyB, I am there!

Please log in or register to post a reply.