Help

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by hellema 123456
    on

Hi all ๐Ÿ˜Š
    i have been on this diet for two weeks second weigh in was today and i only lost one pound . Really disappointed and wondered jf any one else had the same result . Stuck strictly to diet, could it be fluid retention? I do drink about 2 litres a day thanks in advance of any advice . Mary

• posted by nursecathy44
    on

Hi, i know its hard when you see some of the big losses, but try to focus on the fact its a lb less than last week and its going in the right direction.I only lost 1lb in my second week, and 2lb on my third week, but its all coming off and thats what i am focusing on . Stick with it, hopefully we will have our “whoosh” soon ๐Ÿ™‚

on

Ah thanks Honey, have you much to lose and were you sticking to plan ?

• posted by nursecathy44
    on

Hi, yes ive stuck to plan religiously, have quit diet coke, caffeine and sweeteners and cut my coffee intake by 75%. Im currently 12.11 and was 13.5 1/2 when i started, ideally would like to be around 11 but as i havent been lower than my current weight for approx 25 years find it really hard to imagine getting there :-0 . Have you got a lot to lose ?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

This is very common, in fact I think the majority of us have experienced something similar. Try a search for week 2 plateau to find some of the other discussions and possible causes.

on

Hi nursecathy i thought i had reply ed yesterday but it seems to have disappeared. I too have two stone to lose , what height are you if i may ask. Fasting bloods has reduced drastically. Mixnmatch . You saved me a night of worry ! I have ckd and worried i have started to retain fluid . Thank you xxx

• posted by nursecathy44
    on

Hi Hellema, im 5ft 6, you ? Are you doing any exercise ? I am doing 30 mins 5 days a week in the hope that will help boost my loss. Really enjoying the this diet. My blood sugars have come down drastically so all in all, its looking/going well ๐Ÿ™‚

on

Hi cathy yes just bought a treadmill and hoping to build up. I am 5 10 and just under 13 stone . How long have you been on the diet? My hubbie said that i look really fresh now . I really enjoy the taste of food , lapsed a bit yestersay and gad two babybels lol

• posted by nursecathy44
    on

Hellema, you dont sound like you need to lose much ? I started week 4 on Monday, and yes my kids have said to me i dont look grey anymore ?? and i dont have the bags under my eyes that were there. I am sleeping so much better so thats probably why. Ive been using my exercise bike and my son and i have just started coach to 5k. I also am going back to my bootcamp class next week, which i havent been to for the last 4 months due to depression, i have also been off work in that time and start my new job on Monday. So a little bit anxious about how next week will go ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    Completely agree about the food, ive had one meal in the last 3 weeks that i didnt like, the thai fishcakes, otherwise everything is delicious :-). With regards to the babybels as long as you count them i wouldnt worry too much, do you track your calories/carbs? i use myfitnesspal and find its very good to keep me on track ๐Ÿ™‚

on

Ah honey , been there too with depression but hopefully have come through, i think losing weight will help. Good luck in your new job! Lol i understand the apprehension but just think in two weeks it will be old hat ! Yes i have 2 stone to loose feel that i zm putting on every day instead of losing but not weighing till next week fingers crossed . I think i will try fitness pal good idea xxx

• posted by nursecathy44
    on

Hi, thank you, i am feeling a lot better mentally, old job was part of the problem so new job, new me ๐Ÿ™‚ We will have to update each other on progress etc on this thread when we weigh in, good luck, and heres to next weigh-in ๐Ÿ™‚

on

Will and glad to hear you are getting beter . I get weighed on a tuesday night so will let you know , have a lovely evening x

Please log in or register to post a reply.