Help!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Ok as we all know I have a Pepsi max problem.. I have battled to try and stop the fizz but it won’t work.. I have come across coke life… It’s natural sweetener is stevia. It’s not as nice as Pepsi but it’s drinkable..: what’s people’s thoughts.. From what I can tell its
    Safe to drink

• posted by Janet1973
    on

I would have a look at the list of ingredients of both products and see how similar they are. If stevia is the only sweetener they are using and there doesn’t appear to be too many other man-made substances in it, it might be ok. As with many other things these days, maybe you have to test it for a few days and see what effect it has. For what its worth, I am also a true Pepsi max devotee but it was creeping back in and I wasn’t losing weight. I have stopped all sweeteners for now and am finding that the water is getting easier the more I drink it and it is becoming less of a chore. And I am losing weight again. Its definitely worth trying to kick the habit even if it has to be bit by bit.

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

See
    Since loosing the stone I have stuck.. Half pound then back on. I often have mucus running down back of throat and Pepsi clears it. Can’t do carbonated water!! Vile stuff.. This coke light isn’t tasty but it’s not as bad as carbonated water….

Aargh

• posted by lauren
    on

Hi Lostgirl,

I had a feeling that Coke Life still contained sugar so I just checked on their website to be sure… It has 45% less sugar that coke (because of the added stevia) but in a 330ml can that still means you’re getting 19g of sugar (35g in a can of normal coke).

It’s obviously up to you whether you think you need it, but I would definitely try to wean myself off it if I were you. That’s a huge sugar hit for something that isn’t going to fill you up at all, and has no nutritional benefit. Could you try carbonated water flavoured with some fresh lemon or lime? Or even some sugar free squash – maybe not ideal but a lot better than coke?

Hope you find a compromise that works for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Lauren

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Darn tried carbonated water…. With lime etc… I can do squash .. But thought th sugar free contain aspertame and that’s bad…:

This is my weakness fizz

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Squash contains a lot of sweeteners too so not really better than fizzy stuff other than no bubbles.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lostgirl my answer to mucus is a mug of hot water with some slices of chilli and a slice of lemon!!! Works a treat ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Jack127
    on

Hi folks,
    Any suggestions for sweetners for my coffee?

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Jack the answer is no!!! You need to ditch the sweeteners on the sugar free diet!! After a few days you won’t even notice the lack of sugar! Some sweeteners appear to be more damaging than table sugar.

If you quit sugar and sweeteners completely you will be surprised how naturally sweet a lot of foods are. Quitting the sweet stuff will also help you deal with no starchy carbs ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by lauren
    on

The plan officially says….

‘Cut right down on sugar, sugary treats, drinks and desserts: No more than once or twice a week and preferably less. You can use sugar substitutes like stevia and xylitol, but try to wean yourself off your sweet tooth.’

So I would try one of those and gradually reduce the amount you use if you can’t go cold turkey on the sweet coffee, but you might surprise yourself at how quickly your taste buds adapt if you just switch straight to unsweetened drinks ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Patsy
    on

Lostgirl, don’t drink something that’s not on the diet plan and which you don’t really like! If you’re going to have something ‘naughty’ it might as well be the kind you do like – but try to cut it down as much as possible. By continuing to have sweetened drinks, you’re making things much harder for yourself in the long run.

• posted by Patsy
    on

btw, Stevia as found in drinks isn’t really very natural. It does come from a plant, but is heavily processed – just like white sugar and flour and we now know these things aren’t very good for us.

Please log in or register to post a reply.