Hello…Im back after a year lost in the wilderness! (and an oats question!)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tululah
    on

HI Lovely peeps!
    Not sure how many here remember me from last year? I see Sunshine and Gwen and other veterans still going strong! You guys are awesome! 🙂 Anyway just want to say hello to everyone. I’m finding my own way with low cal/low carb again.

I have spent the last year researching everything and went insane. I fell down the rabbit hole and sailed away in a tea cup with ( my therapist, Gary Taubes, Mosley, Noakes, Jason Fung, Nina Telcholz and every Netflix/You tube nutrition documentay avaialble, until an eminant doctor climbed aboard and told me to eat poatoes and carrots every day or I’d mess my thyroid up for EVER….and the whole cup tipped over into a river of my tears. I am better now.:) I have stopped crazy researching …as much as is possible when you are food/nutriton/weight obsessed. However, I did find out that vor me THE answer is definitly NOT in the internet. There is NO golden holy grail filled with a magic potion to fix it all and in fact searching for it caused me a lot of confusion and depression.

The answer is inside not outside. You have to find your own path.

However…. out of desperation last month I forayed into meal replacemnets to get that kick start but felt really ill all the time so have decided to do it with real food. I’ve been going for around 1,000 cals, no eating between 8pm to noon the following day and as low carb as is possible but it has taken me this long and to realise that it has to be my own unique way for my own unique life and it will continually evolve.
    I also realise that my weight fluxtuates wildly over a week so I should only weigh ONCE per week. I have lost 7.5 lbs over the last 4 weeks and Im really happy with that. It was 11.5lbs down at one point but I put on. One of the reasons I put on was becasue my really fast weighloss during the week when Im working and busy makes me take my foot off the gas and low and it goes right back on at the weekend. I also get that feeling of having ‘failed’ then as ‘Ive put on’ which makes me eat more!!

Taking my results over the whole week (which includes all elements of my NOT very consistant life – rapid weightloss, some weight gain, pain levels, weekends, kids, parties, fasting etc etc) is the sensible thing to do. My ultimate goal is to look at things over the month. Im in it for the long game now and if thats 4 lbs a month thats ok because this time next year Id be 48lbs down instead of being the same year in year out. Craving BIG losses quickly or because I have a particular event is a losers game for me and getting away from that psychology is still a work in progress but Im getting there.

So thats me and where Im at and my question today is can someone give me a difinitive count of carbs and cals for raw oats ( I make my own oatcakes)? My fitness pal is driving me crazy with its inconsitant answers and the internet is giving me so many different amounts. Each oatcake is around 15g. I dont have any blood or diabetes issues (for now) so Im still including oatcakes etc when wanted.
    KOKO everyone – Ive limited my time on the internet these days so I wont be on everyday but hope to help others when I can and get help myself when needed. Be kind to yourself and BYOBF (Be your own best friend)! xxxxxxx

• posted by Tululah
    on

HI Lovely peeps!
    Not sure how many here remember me from last year? I see Sunshine and Gwen and other veterans still going strong! You guys are awesome! 🙂 Anyway just want to say hello to everyone. I’m finding my own way with low cal/low carb again.

I have spent the last year researching everything and went insane. I fell down the rabbit hole and sailed away in a tea cup with ( my therapist, Gary Taubes, Mosley, Noakes, Jason Fung, Nina Telcholz and every Netflix/You tube nutrition documentay avaialble, until an eminant doctor climbed aboard and told me to eat poatoes and carrots every day or I’d mess my thyroid up for EVER….and the whole cup tipped over into a river of my tears. I am better now.:) I have stopped crazy researching …as much as is possible when you are food/nutriton/weight obsessed. However, I did find out that vor me THE answer is definitly NOT in the internet. There is NO golden holy grail filled with a magic potion to fix it all and in fact searching for it caused me a lot of confusion and depression.

The answer is inside not outside. You have to find your own path.

However…. out of desperation last month I forayed into meal replacemnets to get that kick start but felt really ill all the time so have decided to do it with real food. I’ve been going for around 1,000 cals, no eating between 8pm to noon the following day and as low carb as is possible but it has taken me this long and to realise that it has to be my own unique way for my own unique life and it will continually evolve.
    I also realise that my weight fluxtuates wildly over a week so I should only weigh ONCE per week. I have lost 7.5 lbs over the last 4 weeks and Im really happy with that. It was 11.5lbs down at one point but I put on. One of the reasons I put on was becasue my really fast weighloss during the week when Im working and busy makes me take my foot off the gas and low and it goes right back on at the weekend. I also get that feeling of having ‘failed’ then as ‘Ive put on’ which makes me eat more!!

Taking my results over the whole week (which includes all elements of my NOT very consistant life – rapid weightloss, some weight gain, pain levels, weekends, kids, parties, fasting etc etc) is the sensible thing to do. My ultimate goal is to look at things over the month. Im in it for the long game now and if thats 4 lbs a month thats ok because this time next year Id be 48lbs down instead of being the same year in year out. Craving BIG losses quickly or because I have a particular event is a losers game for me and getting away from that psychology is still a work in progress but Im getting there.

So thats me and where Im at and my question today is can someone give me a difinitive count of carbs and cals for raw oats ( I make my own oatcakes)? My fitness pal is driving me crazy with its inconsitant answers and the internet is giving me so many different amounts. Each oatcake is around 15g. I dont have any blood or diabetes issues (for now) so Im still including oatcakes etc when wanted.
    KOKO everyone – Ive limited my time on the internet these days so I wont be on everyday but hope to help others when I can and get help myself when needed. Be kind to yourself and BYOBF (Be your own best friend)! xxxxxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.