hello i am starting the 800 fast my question is about glucogensis?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jjmurphy123
    on

hello i want to start the blood sugar diet i do not know much about glucogensis but i would like to i eat 175g protein 10 fat 10 carbs with the rapid weight loss without the protein turning too glucose does this happen on very low fat?

• posted by alliecat
    on

JJ, the blood sugar diet is a low carb, MODERATE protein, high healthy fat lifestyle. Have you read the book? 175g of
    protein is excessive. I would rethink your macros if your goal is weight loss. 10g of fat defeat the purpose, and excess
    protein gets stored as fat, much the way carbs do.

• posted by arcticfox
    on

JJ, I concur with Allie. We likely will need more info to help you out, but 175g of protein does seem excessive unless you are quite a large person. I did some quick calculations, and these macros would put you at 917 calories, not 800. If that is your intention, it is fine, but such a large proportion of protein is likely to keep your insulin levels high and may keep you from losing weight. Unless you are extremely athletic and trying to build a lot of muscle, aiming for 0.6 to 0.8 g of protein per pound of your target weight will be adequate. At 175g, this would mean that your target weight would be around 219lbs at the upper end of 0.8g/lb. Also, the body typically can’t use much more than 30g of protein at a time for maintaining muscle mass and other structural components of the body, so you’d have to be eating 6 meals per day in order to use 175g for that purpose (otherwise the excess would likely just get stored as fat as Allie says), and eating that often will also keep insulin levels high and make weight loss difficult.

Please log in or register to post a reply.