Hello ! brand new and squeaky clean

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

Hello all. I just signed up today after reading the book this weekend. I’m wanting to shed weight and get rid of my crazy pcos and hunger issues. I have lots on this weekend with 3 birthdays and a day out with the girls. Rather than delay starting another week I’m just doing the best i can until Monday when the gloves are off and i go for it. Today i ate
    B – dry scrambled eggs, cherry tomatoes, 20g sharp cheddar.
    No lunch as breakfast was late
    D- roast beef with green beans, havvy and horse radish. And a big slice of cake

I did warn you this want a conventional start!!! I have given up dilute cordial as im sure the sweetner gives me insulin spikes. I’m also giving up the copious amounts of milky tea i drink – just until i get a handle on what i am eating and drinking. Wan’t it to be mindful choices.

I’m into jogging and go for 3 x5km a week and 1x 10km a week. Slowly. So I’m taking this one day at a time as i normally carb load.
    Pleased to meet you all!!

• posted by GreenGal
    on

Awesome! So good to have you here.. I will let you know how I get on with the running, I do a similar amount to you but I am thinking of doing 4-5ks my first week until I know how my body reacts! Have another good day and enjoy your week, sounds like fun! 💚

• posted by GreenGal
    on

Happyhel35 – So I have done a 4.5 k the last couple of mornings, a little slower this morning but honestly felt ok whilst I was running. So am gonna keep at it and if I feel dodgy will have a rest day or slow down a little more. I think I can maintain that level at the moment and I am not going to push for more as I also do a bit of strength and weight training at home. I know as this week progresses/if carb flu hits I may have to change what I am doing but I feel quite encouraged that I can continue my normal routine at the moment. Will keep you posted.. have a good evening!

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

Wow brilliant! Thank you for keeping me up to date with your running. What do you eat before you went?i normally go about 9.30am and used to eat a banana on toast or porridge before running. But now?? I’m eating scrambled eggs with a bit of cheese and cherry tomatoes . Xx

• posted by GreenGal
    on

Hey Happy – I don’t actually eat before I run 🏃🏽‍♀️as I do go early in the mornings, around 5 am so for me it depends more on what I eat the night before. To be fair at the moment I do around 5/6k on average 4 x a week but I have reduced that to 4/5k this first week. I can manage those distances without food but for 10k I would want to eat something small before I went.
    I tell you what’s been helping me in the mornings for normal weekday breakfasts, greek youghurt with roasted seeds like sesame and sunflowers and a few berries. It keeps me full and satisfied until lunch 🍴it was a recommendation I picked up off the forum and it really works. Anyway happy running and I will look forward to chatting with you this next week 💚

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

Thank you hon . do you use full fat greek yoghurt? And how many grams of carbs are you eating per day? Thank you and good luck with the weigh in x

Please log in or register to post a reply.