Hello All

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Rhiannon71
    on

Hi, I am starting this NEW WAY OF LIVING as of tomorrow and would appreciate any support, information or ideas you might have. I feel in the right place emotionally to embark but am nervous about “failing” again. I am a chocoholic (its my drug of choice) and having had a very difficult number of years use it as a comfort and crutch I guess.
    I am 4 stone overweight and don’t see myself in the mirror any more. Im sure I am not the ony one who has felt this way and would love to hear your words of wisdom and experiences.

• posted by Boombatty75
    on

Hi Rhiannon,
    I started last Monday and had a really good week. I lost 7lbs but I fell of the wagon yesterday ( mum in laws birthday party), I have felt rubbish all day, I’m thinking it’s did to all the carbs I ate last night, so I’m back on it tomorrow and determined to have a fabulous week, I’m sure you will too.
    To be honest I was wary that 800 cals wouldn’t be enough but I can honestly say I was never hungry, I too am a chocoholic but I had a square of greens and black high cocoa content which curbed my cravings.
    Enjoy your first week I am sure you will love it x

• posted by Rhiannon71
    on

Hi Boombatty,
    Thank you for your support
    It’s a scary but exciting prospect to be able to shed these god awful pounds and feel like me again. It’s the sweet tooth that I shall have to ignore but i know I’ll feel better.
    I’m sure you will be “back on the wagon” in no time and best of luck xx

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Rhiannon
    Welcome on board! The forums are so well populated now that you will find tons of info and tips already written down. I can recommend the ‘what have you eaten today ?’ Thread for food ideas, have a look at the ‘This has to work for me’ thread for inspiration and, if you ever start to doubt, look up the plateau threads. The ‘my eight weeks’ thread will keep you amused too! If there are any questions you aren’t finding answers to, just shout up, people will be haply to help.
    Ps, you can search for threads by putting a few words in the search box at the top of the page.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Rhiannon and welcome to a whole new lifestyle.
    Tell you what, if I say, in 2 weeks time, if you stick to the plan, you won’t be wanting chocolate, would you believe me?
    No?
    Lot’s of others didn’t either, but the fact is, once you dstop easting carbs and get them cleansed from your body, you don’t crave or even want them.
    Give yourself a fortnight and see how good you feel then.
    Best of luck on your journey

• posted by Rhiannon71
    on

Hi Bill
    Thank you so much
    I’m sitting here surrounded by recipes and planning the next week…feeling positive and your words are encouraging
    Thanks again x

• posted by Rhiannon71
    on

Janet, thank you also for replying. I’m enjoying reading all the posts and learning lots of tips. Laughing at some too
    Feel better already 🙂
    X

Please log in or register to post a reply.