Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

If it hadn’t been for that article, there would have been numerous other reasons Avila. Liz Jones. Samantha Brick πŸ˜‚ Katie Hopkins…

I am 57 minutes away from leaving! Eeeeek! So excited! I was just telling Janey that ogling suited and booted sportsmen negates both calories AND carbs. Who knew? That’s the story I’m sticking to tonight anyway. I doubt the meal being massive anyway, not when the hotel ends in the word ‘lodge’ and breakfast isn’t included in the room price πŸ˜‘

Well done again
    Lynne and everyone enjoy their Saturday!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

CAPTAINLYNNE….Have read several negative comments in the Mail on BSD,many positive ones too…but there are LOADS of complimentary ones about all you lovely ladies! Lynne can you keep the dress/ shoes?
    I thought these were the two best and most telling comments of the ones i read…

This is NOT new …all you doctors out there go and read your first year medical books, see the paragraph on how the body loses weight- it’s all there in black and white. Its just that the world then tells us low fat is the only way- erm no. The problem is,telling people you can eat butter, Ff cream etc, but they think youre mad and low fat is fine – no.
    It’s the wheat, grains, sweets and high sugar = carbohydrates that is the problem not fat. Been living this lifestyle for years and it works.

Gjackson, durham, United Kingdom, 6 hours ago…
    I did read my medical books at medical school & you’re right. It’s not that widely known that insulin, as well as controlling blood sugar, also inhibits the body burning fat & in fact encourages it to store fat. Keep your carb intake low & thus your insulin levels low & your body will soon start burning fat.

XX

• posted by Frog
    on

So have you rushed out to buy some four inch heels this afternoon Lynne?

I’m just about to get ready to head off to the Shine walk – the one that Orchid is doing all 26 miles of and I’m a course volunteer for.
    Despite the weather forecasts that it wouldn’t rain until the early hours of the morning, it came over very dark at around 5.30pm, and looks as if its about to pour, so I’m mentally revising what to take and wear.
    I’ll definitely find space for a poncho in my backpack, however silly I look!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Yowzer – They bring in a rack of clothes and an assortment of shoes. The dress photographs well, but is not something I would wear although I do like the colour. It was the fabric I wasn’t keen on. Some ofmthe online comments I saw this morning did mention the dresses in a negative way. But I have avoided reading the comments since then because I know how hurtful some of them can be. It was hard enough for me to do this without reading nasty remarks. Sorry if that sounds ‘chicken’. 😱

Those two comments are great. Let’s hope that the tide is turning πŸ˜ƒ

Frog

No, no 4″ stilettos today – I’m still trying to work out where I could wear them! Too many hills and cobbles in Durham. I must say, I’ve never worn ‘nude’ shoes and I did quite like that colour. πŸ˜ƒ I am back in heels, after a few years being unable to wear them after I hurt my back. Losing the weight has removed that pain too, so able to ear heels againπŸ˜ƒ Just not 4″ stilettos 😱 Always used to say heels that high gave me vertigo LOL. You should have seen me trying to walk in them at the beginning😱 I had to lean mom someone’s arm LOL

Hope everything goes well for the walk, and that,it stays dry. I gave up worrying about looking silly years ago LOL

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Not chicken at all LYNNE …there are some vindictive and nasty people out there who are just itching to pick holes in and try to bring down anyone who has made a success of something! Best ignored,coz what they say reflects badly on themselves rather than on you,so not worth giving time to. Like i said tho,the negatives i read referred to BSD itself rather than to you ladies xx

Just been reading this…

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/snacks

Loads of useful info on carb amounts in snacks,fruit,alcohol etc ..in colourful pics so you can compare different items in each category..only prob is, a few contradictions in carb values to what i’ m told on my netdiary πŸ€”So i’ m a little confused now x
    Oops i didn’t expect it to open up like that, but if you click on the funny arrow,you’ll get the whole caboodle x

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Yowzer πŸ˜ƒ

I did see a couple of comments I didn’t like, first thing this morning – one about something I’d said, and one saying one of the other ladies was still fat. I’d already decided I’d not read comments and that reinforced my decision.

Thanks for the link πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

LYNNE Some people have got nothing better to do than sit back and judge and criticise..i guess it makes them feel better about themselves! Bet they could do with shedding a few pounds themselves! Anyway theyre just jealous coz we wont let them be in our circus! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜˜πŸ˜‹πŸ˜˜ X

• posted by Avila
    on

I have signed up to parkruns…. Next step is to actually go to one, Sats at 9am, but the pledge is there… 5 km so about 3 miles which even walking would not be too long, so any improvement on that is a positive.

Apparently dogs can come too but want to check it all out first. Dog speed could be a good excuse for slow trips – ‘run, sudden brake, extended sniffing then restart the run….’

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Yowzer – I had enough of trolls on another site a few years ago. I just didn’t need the aggravation now. It’s their problem, not mine. We can always charge them more admission to our circus πŸ˜ƒ

Avila – sounds great. Don’t think there’s anything like that local to me. Must double check.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Sorry to hear that LYNNE ( ((((((( hugs)))))) Trolls are vile cowards.
    Youre right,its their problem..or ( a more relevant one for now),an old Polish saying,Not my circus,not my monkeys! πŸ˜‹ Xx

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I’ve been called lots of things over the years Yowzer – that’s probably why I chose not to read the comments. I’ve learned to cope better over the years, but still …

Love the quoteπŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

LYNNE You’ve had the last laugh! You’re the one who is in the news looking cool and soooo fabulous!
    ” he who laughs last laughs longest! ” 😎😎😎😎 xx

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Yowzer – I know someone who will not be happy if she sees the article. You know the type – always being bitchy! But she needs to lose weight and is just jealous. It’s a little awkward sometimes because others comment to her about me and my weight loss when hers is invisible! Thank you so much for your support. πŸ˜ƒπŸ’

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Hi Captainlynne Park runs (Google Parkrun) are held all over the country on Saturday mornings at 0900 (there is one in Durham). They are run or walked by all kinds of people and families. They are free and there is a tail runner/walker to make sure everyone finishes safely. You just need to sign up, print off a barcode and away you go πŸ˜€

You looked fabulous in the Mail artical.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

That’s the amount of rugby players I leered at tonight 😊

I am very, very drunk 😊

And I ate a Yorkshire pudding 😊

And I don’t care 😊

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

As long as you enjoyed it that’s great πŸ˜€ I hope the head is okay tomorrow.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks AnnieW – I’ll check it out. πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Avila
    on

Lucky – if the worst thing you manage whilst drunk is a yorkshire pud, well I think you’ll be fine.

Now I need suggestions for using a rising batch of bread dough – made as a visual aid at church harvest festival (being like yeast, small things can have a big impact, etc).

Apart from not supposed to have bread – kneaded by random scouts on a church table (even cleaned) I would not fancy it.

So uses? Polyfiller? stress relieving toy?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Morning all and best of luck as Monday rolls round again. Have a groovy week everyone!
    Onwards and downwards we go xx!
    Out to lunch today to treat a friend for her birthday..i’ m planning on steak with mushrooms and chips,but will ask them to hold the mushrooms and chips and give me green veg or green salad.
    Looking forward to sparks flying off our knives and forks xx!πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

• posted by Antigone
    on

Morning All
    Avila – we used to bake fancy loaves (plaits and wheat sheafs etc) and then varnish them as a decoration – lasts ages (if you don’t have mice!)
    Lucky – I also overindulged on Saturday and was poorly all day yesterday. Interestingly, since starting BSD, my alcohol tolerance is much lower. Unfortunately I didn’t take that into consideration until it was too late on Saturday night πŸ™ On the plus side – everything I consumed on Saturday left me pretty quickly! Big challenge for me this week as I am away for a week tomorrow and there will be food……..
    Stay motivated! πŸ™‚

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

This might be useful…someone sent me this last week..
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3774068/Cracker-test-reveals-need-cut-carbs.html#ixzz4JNeNnhtW

I havent tried the test yet as i dont want to buy crackers, i keep meaning to ask a friend to give me a cracker! X

Howz everyone today? We’ve been a quiet old gang lately. Hope everybodys doing ok xx
    I’m due a weighin as am finishing week 11 today…i love seeing the days and weeks mount up!
    Saw DD sunday and she burst out laughing at the top i was wearing..she said Mum its MASSIVE on you!
    Didnt realise it was now quite that big on me…Another item for the cat rescue charity shop!x

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Afternoon!

Am sat here feeling sorry for myself – had the flu jab last week and think am reacting to it. Struggling to NOT dive in the biscuits and food I have to avoid but finding it hard. Had lunch – home made mushroom soup and a lovely pair of oopsie breads….so hoping it passes.

Yowzet that must feel so so good when others notice and we don’t lol

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HI 1960… Sorryyou feeling a bit under the weather..hope you ‘ ll soon feelbetter..it IS very easy to want comfort food in this situation. I used to be awful for stuffing myself wiht biccies,sweets,toast but of course filling up with junk does nothing but give a temp lift..now i have some full fat greek yog with a few berries and a few crushed nuts sprinkled on..its just like a cornetto but has some goodness in it
    Yr home made soup sounds good! But what on earth is oopsie bread…i want some! XπŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Yowzer thanks for the sympathies lol
    Oopsie bread is divine ( also known as cloud bread )
    I use the recipe found on lighter life and wirks out around 85 cals per round

It’s 3 large eggs separated
    Whisk the whites with dash salt until stiff
    In other bowl mix 3 ounces cream cheese or cottage cheese into the yolks
    I also add a small amount of physilloum husk and chia seeds
    Mix the yolk mix into the stiff whites
    Oven is 150 degrees fan
    Scoop 6 spoonfuls of mix into baking sheets that have been covered with grease proof or parchment paper
    Bake 20 mins

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks 1960 x will give it a whirl! They sound delish and a bit meringue- yπŸ˜› Xx

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Actually look omelettey but do not taste so
    Toasted for 20 seconds are just lush

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Yowzer
    congratulations on the top!
    I only need an M/L buoyancy jacket for kayaking now, instead of XXL – and at the Marathon on Saturday I took a standard size T shirt instead having to ask for an XL one.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

M/L must feel so much better than XXL, and standard size tshirt instead of XL too πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    Thanks and Well done FROG! Howz the Nordic walking ? X
    Hope ANTIGONE and LUCKY are recovering! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Off out to the movies sporting a pair of trousers that have hung in my wardrobe sad and lonely for maybe two years or longer..bought from catalogue and never got sent back even tho they wdnt even get past my thighs!
    So for me,these are the current Total Triumph Trousers and i better get some wear out of them coz they already feel a bit roomy..(not boastin or anything πŸ˜„ )..theyre a size 18 so in no way boastworthy but a major non scale victory for wowzer yowzer,who 11 weeks ago was heading like a fast train into size 22 clothes! 😊😊😊 xx

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Way to go, Yowzer!!!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Onwards and downwards – size 16 on the horizon …………:) πŸ™‚

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Take the victory Yowzer. As Igor said, you’re on the way to size 16!!!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi there Yowser luvvy,

Well done I’m also in a size 18 now down from a 20 so we are neck and neck, thankyou for your kind words, I’m back on the bus beep beep.
    🚌🚌🚌

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Yowzer
    top too big and smaller trousers – you are having a good day!
    I finished the Nordic walking classes a couple of weeks ago, and ordered a set of poles at the weekend. The Tuesday walks clashed with Kayaking, which has resumed again after the summer break, so I didn’t want to continue with those once I’d finished the lessons. I may do some more walks on Hampstead – the woman I did the introductory session with had a sum where if you had your own poles, you could pay a monthly sum and turn up for any of her walks, which would be a lot cheaper than paying per session, so will probably do that.
    Obviously, with my own poles, I’ll also be looking at going out on my own with them too, but I think it would be helpful in developing a good technique to do a few sessions with an instructor too.

Quite a few people did the walking marathon at the weekend with nordic poles – not sure I’d want to do that, as weaving around on busy pavements, but there are also charity walks along the Thames (50 or 100 km), and a group that power walk the regular London marathon.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Aw thanks for the kind words guys!
    FROG enjoy yr new poles! X
    Hope everyone is feeling tippety top today!
    I ‘m excited as have GP appt this avvo to check my BP and get my blood test results..
    also its day I week 12 ..things have changed so much since mid July when i was at what my DD calls the Days From Death stage of weight gain ….couldn’t get into any of my clothes…my trousers all popped open again as soon as i fastened them or wdnt fasten in the first place,and i had suddenly gone into a new weird shape i had never seen before coz i was fatter than i have ever been..i was dragging such an enormous ar** behind me it was embarrassing!
    I was panicking coz i knew i could do 5:2 but i cdnt stop eating too much on the 5 non fasting days!
    Couldnt face rejoining WW or SW! I had no patience for losing a pound or two a week!
    It seemed like a life wearing Homer Simpsons muumuu beckoned!
    Thank goodness my friend Hazel on the fast day forum wrote about BSD and the fab results she was getting. I was apprehensive of trying but its been great so far..
    weird tho coz some of the tops i can now easily wear either have too long sleeves or are too big round the neckline,or i just dont like them any more..still its nice to be able to stand in front of the wardrobe and try on outfits instead of rooting round trying to find simply anything i could get into!
    How can 11 short weeks make so much difference! X?? But thank goodness it has!

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Hope all goes well Yowzer with DR! As am sure it will. Its an inspiration and motivation for me reading your posts and others , similar, success stories.
    Even tho am yet to complete a full, successful week on this plan, I know I will because theres always someone who is achieving great results to read about…so I know I can do it!!

Think my problem mainly is I convince myself that I can start tomorrow, ( each time ) which is NO GOOD!! so am learning to say NO and Yes I will do this as its such a good feeling when you complete a full day ( week ) ( month) s…

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Welcome on board smp1960, today’s the DAY! If all us serial or Yo-Yo dieters can do this, then so can you! I’ve been embracing the BSD way of life since early May and now it’s second nature. Can honestly say I’ve never felt so good, and certainly not looked like this for 20 odd years!

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Thanks Janey, yes, I agree with you, once on a roll it gets easier…so here I am, rollin….

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks 1960 just about to go to the docs…!
    that first BSD step is a big one and its scary but once you get going,its easier than you think,the days stack up fast, and the rewards are brilliant! Jump on in,nothing to lose but pounds and inches XXX
    I have wasted years saying i will start tomorrow or i will start next monday ! Theres no time like the present,carpe diem ! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Back from doctors…bp still improved but not normal yet. However was a bit stressed coz by the time I got in to see Doc,i had waited for 3/4 hour past my appt time …it was nearly 5.30 and was anxious to get to a shop before it closed at six ( just made it) so i think my bp was up a bit coz of that. Doc suggested i do a 24 hr blood pressure monitoring to get a good picture round the clock.so will try that tho i recall a friend doing it and it was a bit of a faff….

Blood sugar was normal but amazingly it always has been! I assumed i must be pre diabetic before starting BSD,considering the amount of junk i shovelled down.

The Best News !!! Cholesterol has fallen..pre BSD was six something,now 4.6!
    Asked gp her thoughts about it dropping after my switch from low fat to full fat,and she said its coz i’m no longer eating the trans fats in low fat spreads,biscuits,cakes etc..so I thought that was very telling! X πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Yowzer

At least your blood pressure is going the right way! – so that’s good news.
    As well as stressing about getting away on time, “white coat syndrome” can cause BP to rise. My GP practice has one of the “do it yourself” machines in the reception area, so that you can do it while you’re waiting. Mine is always in the normal range now, so if I’ve done it in reception and give them the print out, they don’t always bother to do it again.
    I did one of those 24 hour blood pressure test things a few years ago – the biggest stress was organising to collect and return the thing, as the service had just been outsourced to a private provider who had a rubbish phone system so impossible to get through to them – and I have vague recollections that there was a transport strike, so I had to walk there. No distance at all now, but I was still really anaemic, so three miles was a real endurance test. It’s a bit inconvenient, but although it’s called 24 hour, you don;t need to leave it on through the night. Another thing with it was that my cat, Muji (this was pre Froglet) really disliked the noise, and first just looked startled, then started hissing when the BP cuff started inflating.

All resolved eventually when a consultant reviewed the huge list of drugs and said “stop taking those, and the blood pressure will go”, so that got rid of two lots of medication, and there was another one that I’d been left taking way beyond when I should have, so the list reduced very quickly.
    I caught the second episode of that “Drug Free Doctor” program last night – it was really good, must be on iPlayer – worth watching.

And brilliant news on the cholesterol, well done.
    Very interesting about the trans fats
    I thought they’d been banned in the UK – but on googling, there seem to have been a couple of calls to ban them, including from NICE, but no action.
    They recommend low fat everything on DDCC

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Lucky
    have you recovered from your weekend? Glad that you had a brilliant time!
    come back – but don’t tell us any more about your yorkshire puddings – GBBO is hard enough!

• posted by 1960smp
    on

That’s good news Yowzer, and something to work on which will keep GP happy…am also not good when stressing . it affects most of us am sure

Where is Lucky and Gavin? Hope you guys are doing ok

Any ideas on this folks? how do you add a picture on here? I have a photobucket account….ta

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Morning everyone x
    Thanks FROG for yr 24 hr bp experience…glad i can take it off overnight!
    I remember years ago a taxi driver telling me to avoid trans fats..at the time i didnt know what he was talking about!
    1960, just go to photobucket and choose the pic you want to use here and click on it
    Four options will appear in a litttle list to the right
    Choose Direct ( think its second option)
    Click Select All to highlight the code,then click Copy
    On the page here,click Paste..et voila! Yr pic!
    ( thats using ipad,not sure if exactly same with laptop)
    Recently when i’ve posted pics i havent been able to see them here myself – i used to be able to – but now i just see the link code – but other members have said they can see the picture xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

1960 glad you could understand my instructions!
    Can you see the pic yrself? If you can,i need to contact the techies coz i cant see my pix on here

• posted by 1960smp
    on

I can see it Yowzer and thanks for the easy to understand destructions lol

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

I Need to get on to the techies then! πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”thanks 1960

• posted by 1960smp
    on

O I guess so Yowzer!

Am happy I know how to post them now, thanks to you…

After starting and restarting several times, and then this week got back on wagon, but fell off each evening up to Weds, I have done just 1 full 24hrs committed BSD and the scales were kind this morning as they said no loss or gain after 1 day…so am rolling, in a better place ( mentally I think ) to keep on keeping on…in addition, my blood sugars have come down too, so that is a result for me…

I will have to focus and try hard as the weekend looms and treats galore all around me….

I do get the planning is the KEY though, so am planning my foods ahead this morning…
    Am loving the recipe book and recipes am trying so that’s good

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

1960 you can do this! Xx Stay strong and you will begin to even enjoy this! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    Yoohoo wakeywakey where are all our friends! Anyone coming out to play?!

Please log in or register to post a reply.