Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kookaburra
    on

So many of my ‘heroes’ seem to post on this thread, so let me say here a massive THANK YOU for all the thought and time and generosity that you put into sharing your knowledge and your journeys. I’m sure I speak for a huge number of silent people who are on their own journeys but may not be registered or posting… You are all a wonderful inspiration and such a kind and thoughtful community, so thank you for helping so much, on behalf of us all πŸ’—

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Josie and Yowzer – high fives, keep skipping.

Jane I will look for David Gillespie’s other books. I found it fascinating, even though I had read some of Robert Lustig’s stuff. Maybe because he lost so much weight, but did not dwell on that in the book

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

AVILA well done on swerving the chips yesterday ..wd have been so easy in that situation to get caught out x

• posted by Timmy
    on

Boo. Been crazy busy recently hence not been around, but thought I’d pop in and say hello.

My weight has plateaued around the 88.5kg mark (still 11kg down though), but saying that, I’m not counting anything, just avoiding the carbs. Although I have had the odd bit of granary bread with salty butter with soup!

I’ve upped my training too, and I’m pretty confident of achieving my flat stomach goal before my 40th (which is in 78 days!).

• posted by tokyo14
    on

hello timmy !!!
    well done on staying the same a lot of us me lucky and eps i think are post 8 weeks now. ( theres another thread on bsd way if life that i started!) as we have all eased up on the calorie counting but still losing or staying same so discussion is about various new foods !!!!
    lucky is at her infamous wedding today for the weekend janey will be about i am sure if shes not too busy working x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Howdy TIMMY,lovely surprise to pop in and find you here x
    Well done on keeping yr weight down with upping yr training and without pesky cal counting !
    Flat tum and 40 th Here you come!..does that make you a fellow Scorp?
    How i wish i was still looking forward to my 40 th…now in the dim distant past * sigh* so dont be wishing the days away,enjoy each one as it comes xx

• posted by Frog
    on

hi just testing – the page thing should be sorted now

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Morning all πŸ™‚

First week on the 5:2 Blood Sugar Diet after finishing the 8 week BSD.

So this week was all about measurements of body. 1 lbs lost. But waist down by 1 inch and neck by 1/2 inch. Blood sugar and pressure both fine.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Morning all, already announced this on the mini-goals thread, but as this is the home of the JOTF I am pleased to announce that I am now resplendent in a perfectly fitting pair of (admittedly stretch) size 14 jeans! Next target the non stretch pair πŸ˜€ then size 12. I can’t remember the last time I was size 12 but it was probably before I got married.

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Happy Sunday and congrats Mix! There’s definitely a huge mindset leap going from 16 down to 14 jeans… for me it was like ‘I no longer have to shop in plus size retailers’!! Keep going.. line up yr next JOTF!! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜¬πŸ‘πŸΌ

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thats lovely news MIX! like JANEY said,a huge psychological leap going from a 16 to 14
    Enjoy your day being resplendent ( good word) ! X
    Great news too GAVIN on yr loss of weight and inches after first week 5:2 x

on

Excellent word Yowzer! Have a resplendent Sunday!!! β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hehe! Yes we all need to resplend much more often! X ✨✨✨✨

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

MR And MRS LUCKY and all the little LUCKIES..i hope you’ve had the fabbest of weekends!
    And LUCKY i hope youre not exhausted after it all ! X

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Hey Yowzer 😊 I had the most amazing day yesterday. I won’t put what I had to eat because… well. You know. But there will be a blog post with gory details and pictures soon if you need to know πŸ˜‰ All (most) weddings are good but this knocked spots off every wedding I have been to. And doubt another would top it if I lived to be 300. Hope everyone has had a good weekend, and I am looking forward to easing back into normality. Although. Another overnighter next weekend, then my eldest turns 21 and after that… Hopefully, normality. And back on another round of bsd800. See what we can do by Christmas!

Catch up with you all when home 😊

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

so pleased LUCKY …look forward to hearing all about it xx night night x

• posted by Avila
    on

Lucky – what a great weekend,

That big bang you heard – that was me falling right off the wagon.

It has been a manic silly week inc community festival all day yesterday where I was organising a stand, so masses of prep before, long hours there, and then working this morning.

I gave into drink during the week, and a whole tub of Ben and Jerry’s this afternoon… And it was nice in the moment but very soon wasn’t. My body can adjust but it seems my stress reaction habits are not getting the message yet.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi

Been away for a couple of days – glad you had a great weekend Lucky

reasonably good eating wise, but not brilliant – hope I haven’t put back on all that I lost at the start of last week!
    tecchie person JJ fixed the page issue thing on this post the other day, but it looks as if its happening again

• posted by Frog
    on

no – looks as if still OK!

• posted by josie53
    on

So glad that you have had a wonderful time.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Morning all! I’m sat with a coffee looking out onto a beautiful scene, while everyone sleeps! We packed most of the car last night so just need our pjs and packed lunches putting in before we leave. May as well enjoy the silence while it lasts!

Avila, it will take time but I’m sure you’ll get there in the end. I think a lot of us are too hard on ourselves sometimes. We are only human and to expect to change the habits of (in some cases) a lifetime overnight can be setting ourselves up to fail. And that’s never a good idea. You know how stress and hard times can make some people lose weight? Death, divorce etc? Nope, not me. If anything it increases my appetite. For me personally I know alcohol is a bad idea, not just for what I may eat but for what it does to my weight loss. So I won’t drink at home now. Unless it’s a special occasion. I think it’s time to search out a back up plan for danger moments. Treat yourself to something that won’t impact on weight loss. I rarely wear make up, and when i do I look like an oompa loompa, so the other day I went to Clinique, had my skin properly matched and treated myself to a foundation. It will probably last the year and as my husband said, it was less than I would have spent on wine in a week pre bsd. Or as I know you love dogs, why not get one of those tins you can’t open only with a can opener, and every time you resist temptation, chuck a couple of pound coins in and you’ll have a nice donation for a rescue centre or the like. I’ve probably donated more to charity this last three months than I do in a year, because I’m not spending on chocolate, take away and wine πŸ˜… Phone a friend and chat while the urge passes. One or none of these things might be your cup of tea, but there will be something that works, it’s just a case of finding it. But don’t be too hard on yourself, as long as we pick ourselves up and carry on, our brains and body will reconcile in the end! ☺

Hello Frog, did you go anywhere nice?

Thanks Josie it was an amazing day ☺

Right, alarms have gone, crack on! See you all when i get back to sunny Wales and my mountain of washing! The joys!

• posted by Antigone
    on

Hello All – just had to share a quick word with you. Just had my first post BSD (with JOTF) honk from a lorry driver. Now normally, as a modern woman, I don’t approve of such displays of female objectification, however, it seriously cheesed my husband off and was therefore highly amusing! Speak later [walks away with spring in step!] He he…

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hehe! Well done ANTIGONE,! I am all for cheesing hubbies off! 😍😍😍😍 xx

on

Hahaha Antigone, well done! Feminism be damned, we all like a wolf whistle to know we’ve been appreciated! Go girl!! β˜ΊοΈπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜†

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Lucky…the wedding sounds fab…looking forward to reading all about it!🌻

Antigone…hee…hee… another unexpected consequence of BSD!!

Hi fellow BSD ‘lifers’…

5 months on BSD800 and have just past the 50lb lost mark – Ta DahπŸ™‹ Somewhat slower than most; but I am very very happy to reach that milestone ( and only 0.9lbs till I drop into the next stone bracket…yay) – so am keeping on keeping on.

This week have added aquafit and a gym session into my exercise routine in the hope of encouraging the weightloss and toning the alarming wobbly bits😲😱

on

Congrats Imogen… longterm BSD success story! I have a couple of wobbly bits but walking is definitely shrinking them! πŸ™‹πŸΌπŸƒπŸΌ

• posted by Imogen
    on

Thanks Janey🌻

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

IMOGEN, FIVE months! Wow thats some going ! And 50 lbs down …ten five lb bags of spuds! And over 3 1/2 stones down!Thats incredible…
    I was delighted telling myself..oh yehhhhhhh…day 80 tomorrow! When actually its day 70… Not bad,but five months?…you have sticking power lady! πŸ‘πŸ»

KOOKABURRA how are you doing?X

• posted by Antigone
    on

Imogen. Ten lbs a month for 5 months is awesome. You are an inspiration to us all πŸ™‚

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Flying visit as I am knee deep in washing, as usual! On top of ours, son deposited a mound (technical term) in the kitchen before buggering off back to Uni… πŸ˜’ And I am ready for bed too. Been a whirlwind of a weekend.

Imogen you really are a ⭐️ Well done. I am back on it tomorrow. When I will check in and catch up properly, my dongle has died on me so my PC is out of action and I’m not so good on the forum with my phone or tablet. It autocorrects me embarrassingly at times.

Night night all 😊

• posted by captainlynne
    on

The link works Yowzer. πŸ˜ƒ

Night night πŸ˜΄πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Kookaburra
    on

Good morning all! Beautiful sunny spring day here in Sydney.

Antigone – love the lorry!

Imogen, wow! Congratulations, you’re so inspiring – showing us its doable for longer than 8 weeks. I admire the exercise additions – I keep telling myself I will add in some HIIT and the MM book strength exercises, but haven’t got there yet. But I will at some stage, if I follow your great example!

Hi Yowser *waves* Woke up to my week 9 weigh and measure this morning. 0.4kg loss this week. And my tummy wodge measurement is now less than my belly button measurement was at the start, so feeling somewhat flatter than I was πŸ˜ƒ

Gavin, well done on a successful transition to 5:2, another great example to follow in the future!

Lucky, good luck with Mount Washmore. I’m climbing Mount Taxmore for the next few days myself.

Good days and nights all x

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Hi kookaburra, lovely to meet you ☺

Mount washmore! That’s a Flylady term I haven’t heard in a long time. I was too rigid for it to ever work though. You are not behind! And I’d look around and think yes. Yes I am πŸ˜… I want it all done now, and In order. Good luck with the taxes, yeeeesh.

Well, it’s chilly but dry and sunny here! Windows are open to get that… smell out of my house. Those who have had or have teenage sons/brothers will know what I mean. What IS it? Like the boys gym in school! Everything is going to be boil washed and febrezed… I’m packing his case now, seeing as he left with a cup. I’m not joking. A cup. Left me a note informing me of its removal, and that he’d get it back to me asap. No plates. No cutlery. No pans. A quick survey reveals little or no underwear, no towels, no shower gel either… but at least I know he’s weathered the weekend with… a cup.

4 kilos on since Friday. Don’t ask. Every gram was worth it. Be off again soon. Learned that after camping.

Have a great day all ☺

• posted by Kookaburra
    on

Lucky, ohhh yeah, I know, re fly lady – I had that going for a while but fell off that wagon a looong time ago, although I do try to keep the ‘just 15 minutes’ thing in mind as it’s useful for my OCD tendencies πŸ˜„

And I KNOW re teenage boy bedroom smell, mine’s 17 – no idea what the heck it is either… Shoes? Unwashed sox? Ewww….

A cup. One cup. How did the human species survive?!

x

• posted by Kookaburra
    on

PS Got zero tax done so far today :(. But did get lots of other stuff done :). Tomorrow, tomorrow….

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

One cup. This is our future we are looking at here. Not only the people who will be running the country, but also working in our retirement homes 😭

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Teehee! So funny LUCKY! X youngsters can be unintentionally hilarious..
    I know a woman whose son started to go clubbing in his twenties..maybe a bit later than most guys..anyway one sunday morning he said to his mum,Mum dont leave a sandwich by my bed when ive been out clubbing coz i dont eat it..
    Actually he was making the sandwich himself when he got back home from clubbing,then falling asleep before he ate it. And remembered none of that when he woke up! X
    Ps AVILA hope youve successfully hopped back on the wagon now xx πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» giddy up,ride that pony !

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just had 10 wk weigh in ..have lost 39 lb ..2 stone 11 lb in 70 days
    Buzzin like a buzzybee! And dropped down into another stone now yayyyyyyy! X

on

Stupendous, Yowzer! Go girl πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Well done Yowzer! That new stone is always a wonderful moment, Spurs you on to continue doesn’t it? ⭐️

I have lost one of my four kilos gained by this morning. I am in total and utter agony today, the sciatica has shot down my left leg, it’s never been this bad in my leg before, so I’m in new pain territory, not familiar, and of course, it’s the left heel that hurts too. Doing a food shop with no strong pain relief in my bag, I was nearly crying in Morrisons and I am not a cryer. Sat with a coffee now waiting for it to kick in.

Mr Lucky bought me a new Christmas jumper in XL. Wasn’t what I quite had in mind when he said he’d get me a new top. But, still an XL 😊 Picked up a few bits for Christmas, stocking fillers and a wicker basket and chocolates for an American Candy hamper I’m making for my cousin. Ooooh Janey I got some silicon muffin trays too, think 1.99 for a 6 mould.

Son not as completely useless as I intimated yesterday. He found me a semi-working dongle when he came to pick up some of his stuff. And stung me for his tea. It keeps going off intermittently but is bet than nothing at the mo.

Hope all ok, it’s been quiet recently!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks LUCKY X and well done re kilo back off πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» 😘🎈😘🎈😘🎈

So sorry bout yr sciatica.. I have same problem today..i took a short but brisk walk,legs and feet a blur,coz was on a big triumphant high after weigh in…also ran quite jauntily up n down a flight of stairs. Am lucky i didnt fall down the stairs coz am always dizzy and usually take them very carefully. Have been rewarded with painful sciatica all the way down like you…GAHHHH!
    My own fault for wearing the Cape of Smugness and going a bit wild.! Left leg too,same as you,so we havent even got one working set of legs between us! πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

To add to woes, my one and only lil maneki,all theway from Japan,fell off my keyring!

Still,39 lb down,am in pain but so happy! Yes deffo feel spurred on to continue!

I love doing xmas stockings! Enjoyed reading about yr buys!

Good on DS finding you a dongle x i dont even know what they look like and unsure what they do but i ‘ m surnising we’re talking computers rather than Ann Summers !πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

Ahh you know…giving him his tea..we all need a place where we know we can go and someone will give us a plate of food, Anytime anyday. He really is a LUCKY boy! Xx
    Hope you get better soon x

• posted by Imogen
    on

Yay Yowser, fantastic weight loss!!!πŸ†πŸ‘πŸ’

• posted by josie53
    on

Hooray well done

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks guys!
    My ” All is safely gathered in” harvest knickers are getting quite loose..
    I could get the vicar and his wife in there now! .. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ xx

• posted by captainlynne
    on

LOL Yowzer πŸ˜ƒ

Time to go shopping?

on

I’m not sure having the vicar and his wife in your knickers is a great idea?! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Lucky
    Very seriously now, get yourself asap to a chiropractor, not an osteopath, you will have to pay, but it will get you sorted, you are a prime age for back problems, and it won’t sort itself. The chiropractor will get your spine realigned, and it’s painless, but very essential for you. If you ignore it the chronic pain will become a long term problem, but sort it now and you will only need maintenance. In the interim to reduce the inflammation, use hot water bottle and a freeze pack alternate 30 secs each for 10 mins, and do that as many times a day as possible. If you are able to take some anti inflammatory disclose act is the best, but be advised by your pharmacist.
    Hope you get sorted soon.
    I had the same when I was in my 40s and due to bad advise ended up on bed rest for 5 weeks, not good. Bed rest is the worst thing you can do. Keep us posted.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yowser you’re so funny πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Please log in or register to post a reply.