Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

They were double yolkers too! Just had an omelette to start day off. Will take Apple with me. They just arrived now not sure where we off. I agree anywhere with the words patisserie needs to be avoided for now lol. I think the gardening will offset the tiny bit of flour and remember a lot can happen between now and Thursday. Hope we do some walking today. Have fun gardening and see you later, have a fab day. Sun is shining!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

NEWS FLASH!!
    after feeling a bit let down by my scales i decided to try on a new bra i bought on sat which was in the sale so a bargain but thought wouldnt fit yet, well it does !!
    so then i thought i will just try some trousers that i had bought that i looked like a sausage in them at that start of this ( so tight and they werent meant to be !!!) and hurrah they fit wearable just need to loose a bit more to be perfect and then ( oh i didnt stop yet!!!) i thought i will try 3 dresses i bought in the sale last year and fit but were having none of it this year and yes they fit hurrah thats perked me up !!! bloody scales he wants to mess with my mind but i out foxed him this time !!!!!!!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Brilliant! See it’s not always about pounds lost! Well done lovely โ˜บ chuffed for you!

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Yaaaay way to go, Tokyo. As Lucky said, sometimes you just need to ignore the scales and see how stuff fits. Today I am wearing one of my fave dresses (seeing as its summer) but TBH it looks like a sack now I’ve lost weight so I fear it may be cast aside as ‘too big’!

Eggies sound yummy. I do love a double yolker.. Ooh er! I have ‘shares ‘ in some of Alex’s fathers chickens (rescued them from a free range farm cull) so I’m spoiled when it comes to an egg.

I’m in such a bad mood today which means I need to be careful not to slip up and pop a biscuit or two. After a fantastic family day out in London yesterday my brattish stepdaughter decided that the only thing she would tell her (also maniacal) mother was that my boy had picked on her in the car and I had told her I wouldn’t take her out anywhere again. Never mind all the great experiences and the fact that the kids got on fine 95% of the time AND that she had hit him in the face, necessitating my comment of ‘if you two can’t behave I’m not taking you to nice places in future’. So, day ruined for me (common when she tags along). Hostile silence between me and the OH since then… Fun fun fun. Never mind, back to BSD, work and the daily grind!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

janey what a shitty end to what sounds like a lovely day !! unfortunately i have no pearls of wisdom as never been a step mum but surely her mum will know what kids are like ( heres hoping ) and just take it with a pinch of salt .
    i feel you on the silence between you and the other half i had my share of that this weekend but when faced with those cakes i just thought no but i am early in in this bsd and you have done so well so if you fancy a biscuit am sure one won’t hurt just not the packet !!!!
    heres hoping today passes quick and well for you and work passes quick too . i am on my last week of sick leave so return to work for me next week just as the weather gets better typical!! but ready for it off into the garden again now ( at least at work i wont have to bloody garden !!!)

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Janey – Hope you are managing to have a reasonable day today after yesterday being torpedoed like it was. I know it’s easy said, but try not to let this upset derail you. Hope you will be able to open a line of communication with your OH soon and clear the air. Be gentle with yourself and try to stay focused.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Oh Lordy, Janey. It’s no fun being a step parent some times. No pearls of wisdom here either after my track record with my stepson. Chin up girlie x

• posted by tokyo14
    on

how did the day out go lucky ?

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

It was ok… lol. As my husband would put it ‘It were crackin’t flags’ when we left home. As we drove further and further into Snowdonia the skies greyed and just as we arrived at our destination, it started raining. That fine rain that soaks you through… ๐Ÿ˜› In laws weren’t too impressed as even the most beautiful places look grim in the rain. Walked them around, got them soaked, went in a cafe and despite SIL being on SW… she had a massive baguette (and I mean massive) with steak and fried onions on. BIL had a bacon barmcake. I had… a look of hunger and a black coffee. I forgot my apple. We walked past the lovely ice cream shop there too. By the time we arrived home at 3, I had parents evening at 3.30 and so only had a quick coffee. I don’t think I chewed my tea tonight, Tokyo, I just cut it up and swallowed it, I was famished! Then I fell asleep in my chair for an hour and a half. Going out with them again tomorrow, God help me.
    How did gardening go? Did the weather hold for you? Did you destroy anything electrical? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by tokyo14
    on

i have the hang of this gardening thing now no electrical appliance were damaged at all !!!!!
    its really hard this eating out business like i said i am out tomorrow and after tonight’s mousaka which was bloody lovely i was hoping to cut back a bit tomorrow to make up for me over estimating cals and carbs on the said
    moussaka
    have you got any food plans for tomorrow ?
    hope janeys ok shes very quiet tonight ? i miss her amusing anecdotes !!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Well done Tokyo ๐Ÿ˜‰ haha
    Glad your moussaka was a success. I think it’s going to have to be a salad again, meh. I like a nice big side salad with a meal, but I’ve nothing really to say to a salad as a meal, if that makes sense (not without bread and new potatoes, anyway!). That’s the only thing in the cafe that we could have eaten, and it was pricey too! Hence my starving. I’ve got some sliced roast beef and I’m just thinking now, that it might be nice on chickpea wraps, with onions and maybe a bit of mustard. Assemble and roll up. But I need to make chickpea wraps and… we’ll see how early I wake up tomorrow and if I can be bothered. Might take a flask of hot water and some cups of Bovril too, I find that takes the edge off hunger, almost kid yourself that you’re having a nice beefy soup ๐Ÿ˜‰ Shove an emergency apple in my bag (and remember it tomorrow!) and I know we’re having steak and mushrooms and spiralised veg for tea tomorrow so that should do me.
    Are you eating out or taking food with you?
    Yes, Janey, hope everything is ok?

• posted by tokyo14
    on

no i think eating out but not sure where it will be like dodge the carbs !!!!
    my other half says it wont matter for one meal but i know i had a bit more than i should tonight then one meal tomorrow and before you know it stuff just creeps up and climbs on your plate !!!!!!
    i am thinking have yog etc for breakfast maybe small lunch then bacon and egg with tom and mushroom for tea so its just whilst out i need to be on my guard like a blinking ninja !!!!!

on

Never fear, Janey IS here! We have a ceasefire at home mainly because neither of us are mentioning yesterday so the bulletproof vests are back in the wardrobe for now. In spite of trying circumstances I have stuck to the BSD all day. Tried a pasty type product I bought from a local food fair at the weekend. Pastry was made from gram flour with a 3 cheese and mushroom filling. Was actually quite nice for a gluten free offering. One Willie as a treat tonight ๐Ÿ˜†

• posted by tokyo14
    on

glad to hear from you and well done on sticking to bsd !! i shall leave lucky to comment on the willie!!!!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Omg I missed my willie last night! That’ll teach me for getting fresh air… I’ll be the same tonight, you watch, we’re off to Llandudno, to the seaside! Fish and bloody chips, bakeries, lovely eateries, ice creams. I know there’s a H&B there though, and it’s the last two days of b1g1hp there so I’m going to get some coconut flour, had some lovely lemon poppy seed muffins in an email last night that I want to try when I’ve used up my frozen blueberry almond flour muffins (still 8 left – good girl!) and I can’t afford to keep using almond flour, unfortunately! It’s going to be a nightmare today if sis in law has officially packed her SW in for this week. I need to go and make some chickpea wraps, pronto!

I know Tokyo, this ‘just this once’ mentality spirals out of control, doesn’t it? ‘Well, I had this for lunch so I might as well write today off and have this for tea as well and start again tomorrow’ and then it’s in danger of the world famous ‘I’ll start again Monday’. My husband is obese too and he’s on board with this, but I have to keep asking him if he wants to continue with it, or if he wants to be as rigid as me. He says the results are there to be seen, he’s down 15 lbs in the same amount of time, and due to long standing illness he’s quite inactive, so that’s mainly diet alone. He said he has to decide now what’s more important, eating junk or being healthy. So I’m really lucky to have an ally in real life as well as you guys online. He’s a fair bit older than me, and I know he worries, he’s only 9 years younger than when his Mum passed away and 15 for his Dad, so I know that plays on his mind. He was in his 40’s when he became a father and married, even though he has a very young outlook on everything from his personality, how he looks, how he dresses and the music he likes, our bodies don’t work like our minds, unfortunately!

Janey, glad that there is peace in your home. It’s always a toughie where stepchildren are concerned. And well, well, well. You have excited me. Thrilled me, even. No, not the talk of willies. But pastry. Chickpea. Pastry. And a brief Google search confirms that not only does it exist, but it is, by all accounts, tasty. Do you realise what this means to me?????? Oh my days… I know my hubby has a steroid injection tomorrow, but if he thinks he’s dragging me out with the inlaws again, he’s got another thing coming, I’m afraid. I’m going to be in the kitchen making steak, onion and mushroom in red wine mini-pies. I could make sausage rolls with heck sausage… curried pasties. This could put a much better slant on summer picnics/eating out. Eeeep ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Tokyo, I’m sorry, I was so tired last night, I realise you had told me you were eating out already, I had thought that was yesterday not today. You said about going with your Mum. I am paying attention, honestly ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by tokyo14
    on

no worries like you i am up and getting ready to go early this morning although not making any wraps!!!!
    intrigued about the chickpea pastry i was wondering when making my white sauce for moussaka if i could use chickpea flour for that !
    it is becoming the ingredient of the week!!!!
    my hubby is doing it with me but like you say i am pretty rigid hes a bit more flexible but hes just overweight and already loss a good half a stone so hes happy to carry on because he was just diagnosed with gout !!!!! very painful so hes really watching what he eats !!!!
    anyway let see what today brings !!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Tokyo, you’d never believe what you can do with chickpea flour, not sure about white sauce but you can make this…

https://thekrookedspoon.com/2013/03/03/besan-flour-and-why-i-love-it-plus-a-chocolate-mud-cake/comment-page-1/#comment-2131

… with a sugar substitute, of course.

I am really excited about the pastry, even if it’s just a crust on top, I’m missing something solid (Janey! No…!) in my diet, does that make sense? The feeling of eating something substantial.

Gout? Ouch! I bet that is painful, bless him. I’m still sat here procrastinating, we leave in an hour and a half, no chickpea wraps made, I’m not showered or nothing. I want to stay home and make pastry ๐Ÿ™

• posted by tokyo14
    on

i have just put chickpea flour in google and yes you can make allsorts a revelation !!!!!
    anything that uses flour quiches batter white sauce pastry my god its a super ingredient quick get marketing it before paltrow does !!!!!!!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Hahahaha she probably has already, knowing her. Wraps are made, two failed, need to buy that other brand again I think. Try using this one for pie crust! Just had a shock, calorie counted my steak for tonight, I didn’t realise it was so high! ๐Ÿ™ Nearly my day’s calories gone in one go. I’ll cut it in half and bulk up on veggies instead. Typical.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

i had steak on sat but according to my fitness and the packet it wasn’t that bad is yours like a steak off the flintstones !!! good luck today i have an emergency apple and 4 almonds woo hoo !!!!

on

Ohhhhhhh I’ve created a gram flour monster with the pastry discovery haven’t I??!! It was not bad at all. I am not a great lover of pastry (it gets in the way of cake!!) but there’s definitely a BSD option there, isn’t there? I will have a look at that link in a minute Lucky. If it says ‘cake’ I’m interested! BUT… no, we must put that word to the bottom of our vocab list….. ๐Ÿ™

I had king prawns with veg and courgetti stirfry last night while my OH hoovered up the leftover noodles from our ill-fated Chinatown meal. Although his noodles looked more substantial than mine (stop it!) I didn’t feel that my day off previously had left me hankering after them. I do agree that we shouldn’t get into the ‘just this once’ mentality though because it would be so easy to backslide into carb chaos again..

My son has requested that I make ANOTHER batch of the paleo cookies for him and his mates.. praise indeed! Almond flour is going down far too quickly though, whereas the coconut flour is still sitting there waiting for its moment. I need to experiment to see if it can replace almond flour or can be mixed with it, thereby making my money go further! H&B must be loving this!

on

Muahahahaha… according to the Krooked Spoon website, gram flour ‘can be mixed with yoghurt to make a face exfoliant’…. the (dirty) mind boggles… upload your pics here ladies!!!!

• posted by Timmy
    on

Paleo cookies? Linky please! I neeeeeeeed some cookies.

Bought some actual real life gram flour last week instead of trying to make my own. Made some wraps with them and they are great! Not sure if I had the consistency right though. The wraps seemed to disintegrate when I had fajitas, but who cares, I HAD FAJITAS!! Yum.

I also had a bbq at the weekend, and wrapped one of the burgers in one of the wraps. It was great!

• posted by Timmy
    on

Oh and if anyone is missing dips/ketchup etc I’ve invented a LUSH dip/sauce. It’s really difficult to make though.

Get a big blob of yoghurt (full fat of course). Add in a blob of pesto (your choice of which, make sure it doesn’t have added sugar though, some of them do!). Stir. Done!

on

Ooh Timmy, never thought of a burger in a wrap! I’ve been having BBQs with no bread involvement at all, which isn’t too bad, but a wrap around a sausage would be perfect.. or does that sound wrong???

So, paleo cookies. You need to visit Elana’s pantry! Here is the link: https://elanaspantry.com/crispy-chocolate-chip-cookies/
    I used coconut oil instead of palm shortening, and I reckon you could do away with most of the coconut sugar as they are very sweet. Add some Willies cocoa drops, bung ’em in the oven.. LET THEM COOL.. and bingo! Almost legal cookies. Just make sure you only eat one!!

Dip sounds interesting.. that’d deffo go with burgers too!

• posted by Timmy
    on

Cheers for that Janey. Yup, the dip defo went well with my burger.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Timmy the dip sounds yummmmmmmm, love full fat yoghurt and rave over pesto, must try it!

• posted by Frog
    on

I had scrambled egg with pesto in at the weekend (and smoked salmon on the side)
    Delicious!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

good afternoon
    well on my way home after a day out and managed to avoid all temptations just had a pot if hurrah !!
    but will eat ny tea tonight !!
    am out tomorrow but its a brunch date and just looked at menu and scrambled egg and bacon or full english without toast and sausage !!
    so will handle that one ok i think !!
    its a tricky old buisness this eating out !!! but keep going girl i tell myself as the cookies and cakes were calling me !!!!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

that should say pot of tea !!!! its like i left it blank for you to fill your own idea in !!!!!

• posted by Timmy
    on

I like the sound of a pot of hurrah!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

its to go with a cup of excitment !! ( its been a long day and i am hungry )!!

• posted by Timmy
    on

Don’t know why but that’s just reminded me of one of my favourite Fast Show sketches…

“What’s for tea mother? Shadows and lies on toast?!”

• posted by tokyo14
    on

well not only have i avoided all cookies and caked i got of the bus at least half a me from my stop and as i write this am walking thinking was it ” ooh sir ” from the fast show ??

• posted by Timmy
    on

Ohh sir, yes sir, suits you sir, Ohhh!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

thats it ha ha now laughing in the street!!! nutter but a smug nutter no cakes and walking !!!get in !!!

on

Hahaha Tokyo, your posts are turning into a 2 Ronnies sketch! A pot of hurrah and half a me please!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜†

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I go out for five hours. FIVE hours. And the lunatics take over the ruddy asylum! ๐Ÿ˜‰

No it’s not massive Tokyo, but it’s a Ribeye. I’ve decided not to have it tonight and when I do have it, I’m on dust and celery for the rest of the day. Tonight, instead, we’re having a salad. Yay. My favourite. You can detect the sarcasm, right?

Hahahaha Janey, I bet that looks filthy. Shall not be uploading ‘facial’ photos, tyvvvm!

Yay, Timmy well done. I find that you can’t put anything too moist on them, but they’re ok for dipping in. Really versatile, I had a sausage this morning :-). On a chickpea wrap.

I too am up for a pot of hurrah, I am laughing here and my kids are looking at me. I did well today, had one roast beef and onion chickpea wrap all day, and a bottle of water. It was boiling in Llandudno and we made a hasty exit ‘to pick the children up’ just as sister in law said she wanted to get something to eat. Hubby just taken youngest for eye test, and is getting me coconut flour as I couldn’t find H&B there, and I got some organic coconut oil from B&M quite cheap, under ยฃ2. Well, I assume that’s cheap, I don’t know, never bought it before. I’m wearing my smug knickers today too!

You’re all crackers.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I am making chickpea flour pastry tomorrow. I shall have pie.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

and the smugness contains m and s had a sale and its was mobbed but there was this one lonely dress that looked so sad so i thought come with me to my wardrobe of dreams little dress ( as there are many items in there that just scream “dream on “when i go to pick them out !!!)
    anyway when i got in after my smug walk i thought go on i will try you on little dress and bloody hell it fit it was like cinderella all over again woo hooo oh yes i am too smug for words !!!!

• posted by Timmy
    on

Yay! That’s awesome. I’ve still got a draw full of Tshirts that I used to wear when I didn’t have a gut and moobs. Can’t wait to get back in them!

My ultimate aim though is to get into the Tuxedo that I bought for honeymoon. I haven’t worn it since!

A few years ago I slimmed down a bit (not as much as I am now though) and bought a pre-emptive slim suit for work. I haven’t worn it once! I think I’m a Nat’s chuff away from getting in finally! Can’t wait!

on

So, to sum up today..

A pot of hurrah all round
    Half a me
    All round smugness on new clothes fitting – yaaaaaay Tokyo!
    Chickpea facials
    Sausage wraps
    Impending pastry

A good day’s work I think!

Oh and Timyy, you know who serves up Shadows and Lies On Toast? PALTROW. ๐Ÿ™

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Well done Tokyo. Now, stop buying clothes lol.

Haha Timmy, that made me laugh, nat’s chuff. I commented to hubby today that his t shirts no longer looked like they’d been ironed over a wok ๐Ÿ™‚

Don’t get me started on bloody Paltrow. Grrrrr…

• posted by tokyo14
    on

janey i physically laughed out loud at your summing up of today !!!
    timmy get that suit out ready for your ” cinderella” moment
    and lucky poor paltrow ( not really i am with you on that one )!!
    thank you ladies( janey and lucky) and gentleman i was thinking as i cut up my mushrooms and tomatoes for tea how in all previous diets i have never had so much fun on a diet normally at this point in the day i would be ready to my grandma ( if she wasnt dead !!) for food of any description !!
    you truly are a god send x

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Same Tokyo, it’s so much fun this ๐Ÿ™‚ definitely helping to keep me going.

on

Pots of Hurrah all round!

I’m off home to make healthy chicken curry.. and maybe a chickpea wrap to go with it ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I wish I was having curry. Even the pink curry is more appealing to me than a salad ๐Ÿ™

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Gooooooood Morning everyone ๐Ÿ™‚ I am pleased to report that I am ‘a Nat’s chuff’ (thanks Timmy…) from my next goal. Another pound off. 16 stone on the nail, this morning! Day 26 – and 23 lbs down. Very, very soon… I will be 15 stone something *jazz hands* That has really given me the incentive now to push, push, push! Wouldn’t it be great to achieve that in my first four weeks? But if not, I don’t mind. It’s coming next, whether or not.

The youngest is off to the International Eisteddfod today, and the school have moved the goalposts last minute that they are leaving at 7.30 am sharp, not arrive at school for 8. Hubby has a steroid injection by ultrasound later this morning, so he’s not looking forward to that, nor am I as I have to hold his hand. Inlaws are descending on us tonight to watch the football but I don’t think I have to feed them, thankfully. The plan is to make some (almond/coconut flour combo) lemon and blueberry scones I found last night, and just hope they pass the taste test as I usually bake loads for them when they’re down visiting. And try making the pastry if time.

Hope everyone has a great day and that the sun is shining where you are! ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by tokyo14
    on

good morning back at ya !!
    i am up early as have a brunch date today with a friend i work with ( well my boss really!) about my return to work !!
    how will i find time to post on here ??
    ( i work in nhs!! so no phones allowed boo!!)
    anyway on the brunch aspect i think i have it nailed no breakfast today then maybe scrambled egg will see how i am feeling !!!
    well done and congrats on weight loss lucky thats a bit bloody marvellous!!’
    on the baking front i saw a recipe for chickpea scones looked nice but no idea bout taste !!!!!
    good luck on your hand holding !!! you could serenade him sweetly too but maybe not !!!!!!
    sun shining here so far ! x

Please log in or register to post a reply.