Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Clematis76
    on

Hi Baristagirls, In our Lidl it’s normally on the right with the other blocks of chocolate as you go in. Like I said it just looks like a block of dark chocolate (also comes in milk ). The packaging is mostly white and is described as chocolate mousse. Inside are 11 small individually wrapped bars. They aren’t always in but there more often than not. Hope this helps!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

I’m sure it will Clematis, I’ll look again next time. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Day Eleven in the BSD house. 7.48 am. Lucky Maneki is in the kitchen, battering and deep frying Fage and Berries while laughing manically. In the bathroom, the glass scales lie broken in huge shards after being repeatedly hit with a hammer.

Guess who put a pound on? *Jazz hands*

Think I’d best get myself some of that chocolate today, Clematis. Be on the safe side and all that… what d’you think??

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

I see I’m going to need to give you a ‘motivational chat’ today Lucky, not least for battering a defenceless set of scales! A pound on? Pound, schmound. You have PMT so it is almost certainly water or other feminine hormonal nonsense. This is why I don’t weigh! Who cares what the numbers say if you look and feel better and your clothes are beginning to fit. And it is commonly known that week 2 plateaus for a lot of people. As hard as it is to hear, consoling yourself with ‘just one bit of chocolate’ is a slippery slope that should really be avoided in your frame of mind.. no-one said it would be easy to kick the carb habit! But you’ve done really well so far so don’t give in to those nasty empty calories…. xxxx

• posted by Imogen
    on

Lucky Maneki,

Please report to the diary room!!!….. never, ever eat chocolate when you are frustrated, angry, upset, or in the grips of uncontrollable maniacal laughter….๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜‚
    Ditch the scales for a while, you know this is just normal fluctuation.

Or you could try bashing together a couple of telephone directories until you
    1)are exhausted,
    2)feel idiotic,
    3)start rolling around laughing ….course only works if you use old school paper ones.

My wonderful, very chilled, very Zen, Yoga/ Tai Chi instructor had ME do this at the start of every session to release all that stress I carried into the class – it works, honest – had the rest of the class in stitches to!!

X

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Lucky, I put on a pound in week 2 and couldn’t even blame it on the cycle! Keep going, give it everything, I didn’t give up and into my 5th week and awfully glad

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Awwwwwwwwwww ladies, thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ Just come back from shopping (nightmare…) and picking stuff up from my son’s Halls to find your lovely motivational messages. I haven’t eaten all day *cries* so I am hangry too. I did buy some of the chocolate Janey, but I promise I will use it wisely, only if needed. I’m not one of these who can’t have anything in the house (thankfully) so they will be safe. And they’re dark chocolate so the children won’t touch them. I won’t give up. Once I keep the chilled stuff I am going to crack on making some cauliflower rice for my smoked mackerel Kedgeree for tea. Hubby has promised he will try it but… I need to make a standby tea just in case he doesn’t like it. I found a recipe for pork meatballs in a Spanish cookbook that are simple, and daughter will also eat with pasta, and I can freeze if they don’t all go. He lost another pound today. Git.

Hello Big Sister, oh that made me titter, I bet that was so much fun. Unfortunately I recycle mine the moment they arrive so I would have to slam my iPad against my son’s laptop while both set to BT.com unfortunately. And you have no idea how appealing that sounds to me right now hahaha. I think I will leave the weighing until Saturday for this week (my proper weigh in day) ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks Baristagirls, I won’t give up, promise. I’ve got a determination about me this time that I’ve never had before. If you haven’t been back to Lidl yet, I can tell you that the chocolate is bloody lovely… (no just kidding!) It’s a white packaging with black and gold writing, and the brand is J.D Gross – Chocolate Mousse Dark. When I’m in week 5 I’ll look back at this and laugh in a non-maniacal way ๐Ÿ˜€

Appreciate the pep talks, you lovely, lovely lot ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

I will definitely check back in Lidl, I did see the J.D.Gross chocolate so maybe they were out of stock!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I do know that in my store, it was a mixed case, there was milk and a white variety in the same box, so have a rummage around just in case they are hidden, or sometimes there’s a full box behind ๐Ÿ™‚

Well, I’m pleased to report that – I didn’t eat chocolate. My kedgeree was an out and out disaster, I’m not sure if I’m personally going to be able to use cauliflower as a rice substitute. But I can use it as a couscous substitute so, I’m happy with that. And if I ever get hysterical again, you have my permission to gently slap me across the face. I know I said I wasn’t weighing but… 16 stone 7 lb this morning. Three pounds off, sixteen in total ๐Ÿ˜€ #getagripwoman Normal service has been resumed. Feel a bit of a tube now, to be honest. I know I need to move more, as well. My sights are now set on my next goal, another 5 lbs off and I’ve lost a stone and a half. Another thing I need to remember too, is that on New Year’s Day morning, I weighed 18 stone 6 lbs. So all in all, halfway through the year, I am just about 2 stone lighter than I started it. Bigger picture.

Today’s cooking includes celery soup for lunch (how can such a ‘meh’ vegetable make such a gorgeous soup??) as it’s super low in calories and my tea is going to be a little higher tonight, I am making Seekh kebabs, and we will have them on chickpea wraps with salad and some quickly chucked together raita dip. So hopefully today I will have a tea that I’ll actually eat! ๐Ÿ™‚ fingers crossed

• posted by Izzy
    on

*lovingly glues together Lucky’s scales*

They will work better now ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks Izzy. Can’t believe I was so daft yesterday, especially when I know it’s going to happen and that there’s a reason for it. Full steam ahead for me now! And no more silliness. Not for at least 27 days ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by JCH187
    on

I had a bad day yesterday, I had a piece of someone’s birthday cake and then ate too much at dinner time. But I’m back on track today and I’m not beating myself up over it. I sometimes feel it helps your metabolism to have a higher calorie day and pushes the weight loss along. For some of us weight loss is a real roller coaster ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Hey JCH ๐Ÿ™‚ I definitely agree, that’s what used to get me over a plateau in WW sometimes, weeks of STS and putting on and losing the same pound over and over. Finally lose the plot, drink three bottles of Grenache Shiraz, eat a kebab and my body weight in M&M’s and – I lose three pounds. And yes, it is a rollercoaster, one I’ve been on since I was 16. It’s taken me 24 years to get this figure so it’s not going to change overnight ๐Ÿ˜‰ I think it would take one hell of a committed person to eat this way for the rest of their life with zero lapses. I won’t be that person, I can tell you that now. In time, there will be cake. There will be wine. There will be chocolate. There will be crisps. There will be rice, and there will be potatoes. But it won’t be (at least) one of those things every day of every week. Like it used to be. It will be one of those things. Occasionally.

Hubby has lost another 2lb this morning too, so that takes his loss to 12lbs ๐Ÿ™‚ That’s two stone between us in 12 days! Happy happy happy home today ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by tokyo14
    on

hi i have been reading your post this morning hope uou dont mind me replying it has cheered me up
    i have been doing this diet since thurs so tomorrow is my week one weigh in i have lost 2.4kg up to sunday but havent stepped on the scales since!!!
    i have to say i am really nervous about weigh in tomorrow i havent cheated apart from a half glass of vimto yesterday after i did two and half hours gardening !!!(bloody big garden)
    but the thought of stepping on those scales terrifies me in case no movement
    any advice anyone thanks

on

Morning all, I’m so glad we have our ‘Happy-Go-Lucky’ back again (see what I did there?!). PMT is a nasty thing and makes us into very odd creatures momentarily, but glad you got through it! JCH – don’t beat yourself up over a slice of cake. There will always be cakes and other carb-tastic temptations in our lives but as Lucky says, we will see them as treats rather than our staple diets ๐Ÿ™‚ I for one would weep uncontrollably if I thought I could never have a square of ‘heroin’ chocolate (see earlier post!) or a slice of freshly baked bread and butter again. HOWEVER not every day! No, no.

Tokyo14 – welcome onboard and mind those scales. Don’t be like Lucky and have to glue them back together after hormonal induced tantrums!! Gardening is good for you (although I hate it) and a glass of Vimto won’t send you over the edge!

I have two things to report today. 1. I bought a second hand White Stuff skirt for summer in size 16, and when it arrived yesterday IT WAS TOO…. BIG!!! I never thought I would be happy to know I’ve wasted money, but this means my booty is now most definitely a 14!!!!! Cue streamers, marching bands and fireworks (but not big ones as I don’t like them). 2. Today’s package from the postman at work (who thinks I have an online shopping addiction) contained almond flour and coconut flour, plus cashews. I am terrified but also excited at the thought of trying to cook with these exotic ingredients. I shall experiment and report back on whether the boys enjoyed, endured or declined my latest offerings…

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Morning Tokyo, nice to meet you ๐Ÿ™‚ No, of course I don’t mind you replying, the more the merrier ๐Ÿ™‚
    That’s a good little weight loss to kick you off, isn’t it? 2.4 kg, that’s over 5 lbs. I should imagine it’s shifted further by now, and definitely by tomorrow! Can’t see your Vimto doing that much damage, especially after so much gardening. I’ve got a big garden too, I feel your pain. It never ends, does it?

Be brave, I’m sure you’ll have a good loss tomorrow, make sure you check in and let us know! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Janeyyyyyyyyy, you must have posted while I was typing my reply to Tokyo ๐Ÿ™‚ Good morning and woooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo WELL DONE! Size 14, wow. *Hovis Music* … When I were a lass, I were once a size fourteen… Huge well done, I bet you’re chuffed to ruddy bits!

Remember Cauliflower-gate. Don’t tell them. Don’t. Tell. Them. Or decant said flours into empty plain and self raising flour bags. You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚ What are you planning on making first? Hubby is grinning like a Cheshire cat at the thought of munching on my kebabs tonight. I could rephrase that, but… you know me #filth #fnarr

• posted by tokyo14
    on

you seem like such a fun bunch you made me smile this morning !!
    its stupid to be nervous about scales but i just am . planning to keep busy today more gardening front this time see if i can do it without breaking any garden appliances broke hedge cutters yesterday by cutting thru cable!!!
    i am managing on the diet but do miss sugar in my tea gone from two to none am sure it will pass but finding that bit hard x

• posted by JCH187
    on

Well done Janey, you go girl!!

Tokyo, I bet you’re pleasantly surprised when you get on those scales! I lost 8lbs in the first week, up to 16lbs in total now. Don’t be nervous ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by tokyo14
    on

how long have you been on it ?

on

Sorry, another stifled hysterical giggle behind my computer screen in the office from the mental image of having one’s kebabs munched on!!!! Naughty me.

Ah yes, cauliflower gate. There is still evidence in the freezer of that little horror story. Sounds like your kedgeree should also be consigned to the ‘failed cauliflower cookery’ book. Remind me not to try that any time soon…

Re the new and frightening ingredients.. I am checking out Elana’s Pantry (NO, not another euphemism, stop that). https://elanaspantry.com/why-almond-flour/ may give me some pointers on how to sneak new foods past the boys, and also shows that you can make cake-type products on this WOE! I like your suggestion about removing all labelling to fool them into thinking the carb fairy has returned though… Apparently you should refrigerate almond flour though. That might give the game away. Hmm…

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Tokyo, we’re madder than an entire box of frogs. Some more than others. Ok, ok… I’m madder than an entire box of frogs. Right, have you taken your measurements down? If you don’t fancy the scales, why not do it by inches? I know Janey doesn’t weigh, right Janey? It’s not for everyone. I can see if I was smaller, and the weight losses were smaller and less frequent, it would really, really wind me up. There would be no glue in the world that would put my scales back together. Maybe you could weigh once a fortnight or something? Might be an idea? Personally I’m doing both. But I’m only checking measurements once a week, on my Saturday weigh. And also taking a front, side and back view underwear pic. My own personal ‘Gallery of Shame’. Oh God, your hedge cutters! I have some, I am terrified of them for that reason. I won’t touch them. I have hedges in my front garden and all down one side of my back garden, 40 feet worth *sob*. Hubby has been very poorly for the last seven years, so when they’ve had to be cut, I’ve had to do them the old fashioned way, with step ladders (cos I’m a shortass) and shears.

‘The Failed Cauliflower Cookery Book’. That could actually be a thing. No, don’t try it. ‘Twasn’t nice. Maybe it would be better with smoked haddock, I don’t know, I don’t know if it was just the cauli in it that was wrong. It was also dry. And how *was* Elana’s Pantry? Huh? Huh? ๐Ÿ˜‰ In my humble one, I don’t think my hubby or kids would bat an eyelid if they found flour in the fridge. They don’t know how to use a laundry basket/pee into a massive receptacle without hitting the floor or wall/switch a light off before leaving a room, so I’m sure their ‘flour storage knowledge’ is slim to none. I’d say nothing. Wing it.

on

Another stifled snigger (less necessary now as the boss has buggered off out) when I stumbled across ‘Chicken Meatballs from Spunky Coconut’ in Elana’s Pantry!!!! I kid you not…https://elanaspantry.com/chicken-meatballs/ I’m not sure I could get anything ‘spunky’ past my lot at home.. There are some other more sane recipes (brownies for example) however more exotic ingredients required.. I seem to be all out of agave syrup or dates *eye roll*

I do struggle a bit with cauliflower rice. When I was on the standard 5.2 I seemed to get through it OK but on the BSD I do find it a bit ‘organic’ tasting. The utterly pretentious quinoa is now my new favourite. And the kids will polish that off without feigning vomiting.

And to confirm, I DO NOT WEIGH! I have never owned a set of scales (broken or otherwise) and my boyfriend got an ear bashing when he suggested bringing his over when he moved in. I think he weighs himself on the shipment scales at work now.. The last time anyone told me how much I weighed, it was the midwife when I was pregnant. And she gave me the numbers in KG so I have no idea if it was good or bad ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

OH MY GOD!!!! *Retch* but bwahahahahahah. That reminds me of something I posted on my blog… have a gander, http://flusteredshell.blogspot.co.uk/p/the-not-quite-right-gallery.html 24th picture down. You can’t miss it. We passed on those, that day… and every day EVER. Spunky coconut… for the love of God and all that is holy, no!

Awwwwww Janey, and there’s me with litres and litres of bloody Agave syrup. I can’t get rid of the stuff. Pah… *eye rolls with you* (psssssst – what’s Agave syrup when it’s at home???)

on

Muahahaha you’re done for now.. I’ve found you on Twitter too.. love the blog pics.. I have a couple you will appreciate as ‘guest contributions’!!

Agave… Waitrose no doubt already rubbing their hands with glee and preparing my free coffee as they stock up the shelves and wait for my next visit..

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Glad you liked them ๐Ÿ™‚ Definitely, yes and I will give you full credit ๐Ÿ™‚ I haven’t had too many lately, there is a classic one from Home Bargains on my husband’s phone. The thing is, it’s always my children that notice them in shops. My daughter found the ‘Cock soup’ one. She was in the middle of the aisle crying with laughter, we couldn’t move her. Had to walk off and leave her. Oooooooh Twitter, found you too, thanks for the add ๐Ÿ˜€

I like Waitrose but… sheeesh. Pricey. I found a spice there the other day that I needed for my Shawarma but it was ยฃ3!!! I think I need to dissect the ingredients and make it myself next time!

• posted by Timmy
    on

You ladies are a filthy bunch aren’t you! Good grief, this thread has taken a very “50 shades” turn for the worst! It’s too much for my delicate* and innocent disposition.

*my disposition is neither delicate nor innocent.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

It’s that Janey, Timmy. I’m as pure as the driven snow, me… Bad influence. Halloumi, goats brains. Spunky coconut. Sounds like a bloody spell. Where’s me cauldron?? Where will it all end?

• posted by Timmy
    on

Snow that’s been driven through a dirty puddle! ๐Ÿ˜‰

on

Don’t mention the goats brains or they’ll all want the recipe!

Anyway Timmy, it’s her fault. She’s the youngster with all the trashy talk of kebabs and kedgeree..

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Pretty much, yes Timmy ๐Ÿ˜‰

Speaking of kebabs, I’d best go and make them. All well and good talking about them ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll put the pics up later this evening, thanks Janey, and husband just bluetoothed the Home Bargains one to me so that can go up too. I shall stick my head in later (…) behave and play nicely. No double entendres unless I’m here, please.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

i have to say i tried cauliflower rice last night not the same as rice and i tried to disguise it with bit of ginger and tumeric!!!! so not a hit with me but hubby liked it and i ate it as it was that or nothing !!!!!!!!
    done more gardeni an hour an half just had a ham salad now shoving down the water!!
    i think after tomorrow i will just weigh once a week and i have measured so will do that too, i am judging it on clothes too but prior to this most things felt tight so i guess i will know when they loosen up !!
    quiet afternoon planned i have to take a rest as still have lingering effects of chemo but nothing more than feet up and trashy tv!!!!!
    sorry but i love big brother so its that this afternoon x

• posted by Winifred
    on

Hello everyone. I was gobsmacked to find 2 cups of milky coffee has so much fat and carbs! shall have to stick to one a day. Having trouble keeping to 800cals. More water perhaps to fill the gaps.?

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Tokyo, the jury is still out with me too. I asked hubby before and he’d be prepared to try it again but – in his words – ‘it would have to be with something moist’. So I think we’ll be having it with curry on Saturday. That sounds like a good plan, that way you’ll eliminate hissy fits like I had in the week if your weight fluctuates ๐Ÿ˜‰ Awwww bless you, don’t go overdoing the garden if you’re recovering. I haven’t watched BB in donkey’s years. Nothing at all against it, just trying to battle four other people for the handset, it’s either sports or Cartoon Network. So I just read instead x

Hi Winifred, is it full fat milk you’re using? I can’t drink that, I am on skimmed (for taste not health reasons) and I see 250ml of skimmed is 83 calories compared to 155 calories in full fat. I only have a few coffees a day now, because I can’t justify using so few calories on a drink, if you know what I mean. One or two in the morning to wake me up and occasionally one in the evening, but I mainly try and stick to water now, I’d rather have the food ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by josie53
    on

i made a sort of cottage pie tonight and put the “cauliflower rice” on the top and just put it in the oven it wasn’t amazing but it was eatable.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Try it with mashed cauliflower as opposed to cauli rice next time Josie, it’s really nice. I use frozen because it mashes up nice and it cooks quickly – plenty of black pepper in it and a pinch of sea salt. I don’t know if I’d fancy using the rice on top, did it crisp up?

• posted by josie53
    on

it was ok it sort of went brownish tried to kid myself that it had cheese on the top, life is full of disappointments. It was late and it was about 7 hours since i had eaten anything except a couple of almonds so anything would have tasted good

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I have days like that Josie, last night for example, with my awful kedgeree (cauli rice again!). I only ate about a quarter of it and I left it, and got myself a bowl of yogurt and strawberries ๐Ÿ™‚

on

Well get me, little Miss Willpower. I’m sitting in McDonald’s with my white coffee while the boys pig their Mcflurries. I’m not bothered. Nope. Not at all.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I salute you! While not a huge McD’s lover, I do like their 99p hamburger…

on

Also not a big Mcd fan however willpower would usually fail me in these circumstances and I would give in and have something far too sugary for its/my own good. By the way I found a horrifying recipe online for Brussels sprout and hamburger hash earlier. The mind boggles…

• posted by tokyo14
    on

there must be something better than cauliflower rice !! i wish i longed for cauliflower rice the way i long for hot buttery mash!! i did shepherds pie with celeriac mash ok but not hot buttery mash!!! and i added leeks in it to make it better!!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Janey, that sounds… disgusting. I love sprouts so much, I could probably win a sprout eating competition. But that sounds wrong on so many levels. When are you making it? ๐Ÿ˜›

I know, Tokyo, I know… All I can say is thank God for chickpea wraps, which are the closest thing to carb I’ve eaten in a week and a half. They are going to be my salvation. But they still don’t solve the potato issue ๐Ÿ™

• posted by tokyo14
    on

is the recipe for the wraps on here? i was looking fhrough my cook books as before bsd a huge baker!! and found a really good one by irish lad called donal skehan called fresh he had some nice recipes that were low carb or could be adapted and he did nice things with bulger wheat and quinoa if thats possible !!! does a lovely pudding too but not low carb am afraid i will find a good low carb pudding if it kills me !!!!!

on

Tokyo, at the risk of inciting Lucky to insert another ‘double entendre’ (ooh er) check out Elanaspantry website (link above) as there are ‘legal’ puddings on there! Although of course you will need to get some agave syrup in, whatever that is…

Re the burger-sprout surprise, I shall leave that until the boys commit some major misdemeanours. Maybe I can add a layer of cauliflower mash to the top. Muahahahahahahaha

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

They’re here ๐Ÿ™‚ https://thebloodsugardiet.com/recipes/chickpea-flour-pancakes/
    So simple, flour, water, olive oil, season, whisk, fry. I’ve had them with Chicken Shawarma, my Seekh kebabs tonight, we dipped them in curry, I had roast pork and salad on them at the weekend. Really versatile for naan/tortilla/pitta type meals. They are more of a pancake texture though. I made cheesecakes, Tokyo, that was my main dessert speciality, that and sticky toffee pudding ๐Ÿ™‚ I know what you mean, I am trawling the internet looking for cheats, replacements, there’s plenty of stuff out there, it’s just going to be trial and error. But a lot of fun finding out. And we’re getting healthier and losing weight in the process.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

LOL Janey, you are one mean mother… I’d love to be a fly on the wall for that mealtime haha. You’d need shares in Heinz ketchup to get through that.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I’m out of filth, by the way. I’ve exhausted my daily supply. Tomorrow, however, is another day.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

i have ordered some gramm flour which is also known aa chickpea i am led to believe i have that many bloody fours now!!! so will give the wraps a go my top baking was brownies !!! so i am in the process of trying to construct a low carb version !!!
    sleep in a bit before big weigh in morning scales ready in bathroom wish me luck !!!!!!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

That is right, chickpea/gram/Besan, that’s the stuff you need ๐Ÿ™‚

Yep, I’m off to bed now too, good luck for tomorrow morning, I’m sure it will be fine, remember to let us all know how you got on!

Please log in or register to post a reply.