Hello from Memphis

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kevin in Memphis
    on

Hello,

I just found out about this and after reading a quick summary it immediately ‘clicked’ with me.

About 10 years ago I went from 32 stone to 18 stone following a very low calorie program using lower carb meal replacement shakes. I wanted to get down to 13 stone but never made it. I am 188cm male.

(I’m native to the USA but am going to try to use UK measurements since this program seems to be more popular in the UK!)

Alas now I have gained back and am 20 stone. So have been trying to find the perfect program and tried a whole lot of diets. I can’t go back to the original one because the company that ran it has lost their way a little bit, so I want to do something similar on my own. But other diets failed me, nothing quite controlled hunger like before.

When I heard about this on Reddit it sounded perfect!

The book isn’t available in the USA yet, so I had a friend in the UK get a copy for me. Hopefully it will be a huge hit here when it comes (March 22) out and I will have a big head start on everyone!

I’m going to read the book today and start the program tomorrow!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Go for it Kevin
    we are all in this together and we are all available for help and advice.
    It would be interesting to find out how the book is received in the States if you wouldn’t mind.
    See you next week when there is less of you to go round 🙂

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Kevin
    Welcome to our forums. We have everything you need here so when the bsd does hit your shores you will be able to say you already know all about it!

Use whatever measurements you feel comfortable with, we will get the gist!

Looking forward to reading about your progress. Btw, memphis/nashville/new orleans are the first places I plan to visit when I eventually get to go on foreign holidays again – its all about the music for me!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Ok Ok
    I wasn’t going to say it but I can’t help myself.
    Kevin, when you take exercise, do you go WALKING IN MEMPHIS 😉

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Kevin

Welcome. It seems like there’s a good trade in this book going from England across the pond. I sent a copy to my friend in Texas.

Hope it really takes off in US. Please let us know your progress, and how the plan is received in US.

Please log in or register to post a reply.