Has anyone made…….?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Cherry8
    on

ALMOND BUTTER?

I made this the other day, toasted the almonds as instructed in the recipe, blitzed and ended up with toasted almond powder. Is this supposed to be a paste i.e. Like a thick butter? Any ideas or tips please.

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Hi Cherry8, I think it needs a pretty strong blender to turn it into butter. Have read recipes before that show all the stages and it seems to go to powder first and then eventually release the oils and turn into butter 😀 Not sure my blender would be up for it but maybe if you turn it off and on a few times during the whole process so it doesn’t wreck the motor! Think this link has photos of the stages, hope it works out next tome👏🤗😝
    http://www.greenkitchenstories.com/homemade-nut-seed-butter/

• posted by Cherry8
    on

Hi Especially,

Thanks for the link, it is intriguing how it turns to a creamy paste. I think if I run my ancient processor for that long it will explode. Will try again when I get a new one.

• posted by Cherry8
    on

BEETROOT FELAFELS

Made these on Sunday for lunch – recipe is in the book- I added some garlic and extra cumin and also some red pepper flakes to give a little background heat. Divided the mixture in to 12 not 8 as it says in the recipe as I felt the felafel were too big to cook through. They looked a bit odd as they came out of the oven but we’re really tasty. Served it with the yoghurt but with added chopped cucumber, garlic and a pinch of salt and some mixed leaves and tomatoe. Highly recommended, will definitely make these again and will try a carrot and courgette combination.

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Hee hee yes no finishing off the blender, they’re very useful!
    Oo good, yum-Those beetroot falafel are on my list so great to hear you found them tasty👏😝

• posted by DebbieU
    on

Thanks for the tip you’re right the mixture is too much for 8 felafel, I have used carrots when I ran out of beetroot and have also made using a cup (or so) of cooked spinach instead of the beetroot

• posted by TrishaDawn
    on

I tried making these but made the mistake of buying ready peeled beetroot. I didn’t realise until I undid the packaging that they were already cooked. I pressed on and ended up with the sloppiest mess you’ve ever seen. I did cook them, but they were more like flattened pancakes than falafel. They tasted good though.

• posted by Cherry8
    on

BEETROOT FELAFELS, CHEESY SCONES, COURGETTE AND APPLE MUFFINS.

I found the FELAFEL mixture quite wet too, the second time I made them it was wetter, I think it depends on how moist the beetroot are, but you can always add some extra chickpeas and make some more felafels to take to work for lunch😀 I will definitely try them with carrot next time I make them.
    I tried making the CHEESY SCONES from the book, DISASTER. I ended up with a pool of biscuit which went out for the birds and the cat enjoyed munching on. (She’s weird) The quantities for this recipe are not right. Then I made the courgette and apple muffins, much better. If you are craving something sweet these made with the addition of a little sweetener would be great, the coconut flour makes them macaroonish.

Please log in or register to post a reply.