Harder when I'm at home – 22 days in 8.2g lost

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by WilLuck
    on

So I weighed myself for the first time 2 days ago and I was so pleased that I’ve lost so much weight. You wouldn’t know it looking at me but I guess the scales aren’t lying.

I’ve been pretty good on the diet, alcohol being the main challenge and the few nights out I’ve had I’ve stuck to Gin. Three in total which probably isn’t great.

But not the point of the post today. I work in an office and during the week it’s easy. I’m low cal and sugar all day using miso soup for lunches. And I get a lovely cooked meal when I get home straight from the cookbook. Sometimes I have a larger portion as I have had so few calories during the day… But the problem…. Weekends feel so much harder. Might be because I spend time feeding my little girl but I have the urge to graze, which I know you all know is the fastest way to fail on this diet… I’m fighting the times with water but if I did want to snack… Are there any recommendations? Straight out of the fridge food that won’t eat up too many calories for the day.??

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi WilLuck – if you need a snack, have a snack, but make sure to account for it in your daily allowance. If you have something with a fat content, it will be more satisfying and the effect will last longer. Snack possibilities might include, a few nuts, a coffee or tea with a half tablespoon of whipping cream (less cals and carbs than double, but with a similar impact), 50g or so full fat yogurt with a few berries and/or some seeds, a small piece of cheese, a couple of crackers made with almond flour.

Hope this might be of help – good luck.

• posted by LizV
    on

My husband and I both work at home and use the hot beverage trick. (I read that hot things like tea and soup can make you feel full.) I try to wait as long as possible to eat breakfast in the morning. (I usually make it until 11 or 11:30). I have two cups of coffee and sometime even go for a walk before breakfast. I make a big pot of tea in the afternoon to tide me over. I hope you find what works well for you!

Veggies like cucumbers and carrots are pretty low calories and have a good crunch if that helps.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi WilLuck
    Some great suggestions from LizV but be careful of the carrots as they are high in carbs and can trigger ‘sweet’ cravings.
    Cheers
    Linda

Please log in or register to post a reply.