Happy Life – 8 wk diary

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Izzy
    on

It’s great that you can still see benefits to this way of life even if the weight isn’t coming off, but having just had your road trip I think it’s fantastic just to have stuck to it like you have πŸ™‚

Big Well done to you!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks Izzy, it was easy to stick to once we knew what we could eat and where we could choose it.
    Looking forward to week 6 now and hopefully I will see loss at home!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hallelujah the scale moved back down to my lowest weight so far on this plan. Yesterday on our travels we were at a friends house all day so drank a ton of water and didn’t have to eat out much so it clearly helped!!
    Yeah. Yippee. Back in the right direction.
    I will be glad to get home and eat exactly what I want and know what’s inside each recipe rather than eating out and not really knowing what’s included.
    We did great on the 18 days of travel and did even lose weight but this last week we were both stuck it seemed.
    It’s a great day to head home knowing I am moving downward again.
    I also have to mention the one cute tanker I bought for the trip that did fit when we left is too big now. My friend kept pulling my shoulder back up because its slipping off and the body portion is also big. It literally fit perfectly 18 days ago. Not anymore.
    Guess I will donate all my even bigger clothes this week once I get home. I am NOT keeping them!!! In my profession I know doing so sets up our subconscious to believe we will go back to that size in the future and our subconscious can then have us move toward that direction. I do not want that so am getting rid of them. Period. 😍
    Have a great day everyone!
    πŸ’œ

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Yeah, down another pound today!! Still moving in the right direction again!!
    Goals this week!
    1- After today we don’t have to eat out as today is a family event. We will stay on the program as always but you just never know what’s out there in restaurants like extra butter brushed on fish, etc.
    2- try to achieve 5000 steps each day if knee allows.
    3 – start going through clothes and donate what items are now too big!! My fave for the week!

Excited to be back home after 2.5 weeks traveling albeit we had a ton of fun and met new clients and friends along the way.

I am super proud we stayed on our food plan the entire time as well!

Here’s to the new me coming soon! πŸ’œ

• posted by Collie
    on

Hi Happy Life
    I am enjoying your diary it helps me enormously. I am in awe that you stuck so well on your travels, I to would like to get rid of big clothes but am hanging on to them with white knuckles what is that about. Just had a very interesting chat with a friend who has recently been diagnosed with lada this is an autoimmune type 1 diabetes ,late onset so defo not type 2. However her Consultant is all for her to be low carb and getting her weight in the lower end of the bmi, she is a normal weight for height. He is a new young dynamic dr. It was interesting listening to the advice she has been given for her diet , low carb ,full fat etc. (she is on insulin and reacts like a type 1 so will not be cured) The change is a coming though how exciting, I feel I am at the beginning of this food revolution . Sticking pins in all the low fat low etc diet gurus and slimming clubs where I appear to have wasted my time and money. ‘However we did what we did when we knew what we knew but now we know better ‘Can not remember where this quote is from so apologies for not acknowledging them. Thank you Happy Life.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi Collie!! Thanks so much for your post as I was just going to write something and thought probably no one is reading my diary. And there was your post!! Yeah!
    I think that quote is from Maya Angelou.
    I hope your friend heeds her doctor’s advice!
    Re Hanging on to your clothes. Let them go when you are ready otherwise you are telling your subconscious you plan to return to the higher weight and it will self sabotage to make you go back up there. I know this from my profession.

What I was going to write is that I had to find a shirt that fits this morning so tried some smaller shirts on and lo and behold I tried on one I haven’t been able to wear for two years since I bought it. Why? Because it has an empire waist and it went right across the middle of my chest, no where near under like it should. I tried it on and the empire waist is well under my chest and where it should be and my husband said the shirt seems too big. But at least the shoulders for better than any shirt I have been wearing! This shirt is four sizes smaller than ones I have been wearing. It’s like getting a new shirt so I love it!

Have a happy day! Thanks for reading my posts!!

• posted by Izzy
    on

yay for Happylife!

I always read your diary too so it isn’t falling on deaf ears (eyes?!)

That’s a great feeling getting into smaller clothes and I do agree about chucking stuff out except I’ve been pondering various ideas lately… I’m going to keep some. Not to fit back into but to chop up, alter, customise or use for customising other pieces. It’s a project I’m feeling excited by πŸ™‚

You guys have done such a great job sticking to this whilst away and although your weight loss may have slowed it’s fantastic you didn’t gain anything which would have been fairly definite had you gone off the rails there. You are right to be proud of you both! Now that you are home and able to monitor the salt etc I’m certain you will lose at a good rate again πŸ™‚

It was nice reading your holiday updates too.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks so much for your kind words Izzy!!! I had no time to get online today’!
    It’s been an awesome day though.
    -I lost another 2.5 lbs since yesterday! So I down 20.5 lbs and super happy!
    -I created a new program for clients and the first two I spoke to purchased them.
    -my hubby made my dinner request which was steamed cauliflower and zucchini with 1/4 cup pasta sauce and 1 ounce Parmesan. I didn’t have many carbs left for dinner so had to be careful and I am right on top of the nugers so I am thrilled.
    My clients and dentist all noticed I have lost a lot of weight. Once client told me a great place to shop in a town one hour north of us. I love that my clients like to help me as well.
    So all is good albeit it’s been super busy business wise since I got back. I kong to be lounging in the pool again!! Ha

Hugs to all!
    πŸ’œπŸŒ·

• posted by Izzy
    on

What a great start to being back home! Well done on that weight loss I felt quite sure some would come off quickly when you got back πŸ™‚

Your new programme must be great if your clients are snapping it up and it is lovely that they are helping you in their own way too.

Bill mentioned a way to post pictures here, you should post any new fancy clothes you get πŸ™‚

I’ve got a couple of ideas for my first clothes customisation and I think I will go ahead and start a blog. I like to do this whole diary thing haha you can probably tell.

Have a lovely day Happy πŸ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Ah thanks Izzy! You are sweet!
    Talking to more clients re my new program today and it’s going really well.

Shocking news is I lost another 2.5 lbs since yesterday. That’s 5 lbs this week and tomorrow is weigh in day.

I also need so little sleep. About 5 – 5.5 hours each night and I wake up on my own bright and shiny (best word I can think of) for the day. It’s crazy. Even my dog isn’t getting up with me and I guess he’s sick of me getting up at 5am!!! Ha

I have a ton of work to do since I run my own business but am using this early morning time to read these forums, look at a magazine, and just have some relaxing time before starting my days. Clients start coming today from 9am until 7:30pm but I have a break from 12:30-5 and plan to head to the grocery store with my hubby and take the dog for a ride which he loves.

I looked at my schedule the next two weeks and it seems I only have one day off a week. I am thinking of scheduling clients every other week only so I have every other week off during the summer. That sounds fun to be able to take mini day trips with the hubby and the dog.

I read yesterday in Shape magazine (an old one) that eating fish makes you lose fat. We eat fish once r twice a day so maybe that’s why I am melting so fast. Not sure.

Ate 1/2 a cauliflower dreams two nights ago and had severe tummy issues yesterday. They have Formaps so I have crossed trying it off my list again for now. I love it. But it seems to not love me. Too much sulfur I guess.

I really hope someday to get to visit friends I’ve met on here is anyone is up for it.

I have a long way to go to being normal weight and don’t think about the long haul but just think about today and how far I have come already. Down 22.5 lbs in 5.5 weeks and maybe more by weigh in day tomorrow. The scale actually was 1 lb lower for one time this morning but I weigh two times and take the top number just in case. It never fluctuates for my husband but I guess cu I am offer it does for me.

Well another day to be happy in will stay in the program and keep getting healthier. It’s a joy for me because for once I feel I will really get there. To my goal. I have tried so many things in the past. Been on thyroid meds for 25 years. Have no gallbladder. But yet I am melting and look and feel healthier.

Clients are noticing. Except one. She’s a doctor and very self centered. She would never notice anything about anyone if she’s not talking about herself. It’s funny. I don’t care. At the end of her session I pointed out my weight loss and you see the light go on that she noticed and hadn’t tuned in to me. Just makes me laugh.

Well off to another great day and wishing you all the very best always on your journey.

Hugs! πŸŒ·πŸ’œ

• posted by Izzy
    on

I feel the same Happy in the way that you feel that this time… we can really do it , it’s great!

Your idea of having extra weeks off in the summer sounds great you should definitely do that if you can, enjoy life πŸ™‚

it’s nice that most of your clients are noticing, funny about the doctor one you would think they should be trained to notice the details!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Well I made it through week 6 without any issues. I can’t believe it’s still so easy to stay on!! And I lost a lot this week!!
    Lost -6.6 lbs for a total lost of -24.3 so far!!!! I don’t think I have ever lost that much so far in to any program and I still feel great also!

Well Izzy right now I decided to try and take four days a week off and see clients three days a week and then after a month I will try and every other week seeing clients. Can’t do it yet as I already have people booked each week this next month.

Today is a day off after working everyday and working 7am to midnight last night either with clients or on my website work. I was tired!

Finally get to see friends today and tomorrow and Sunday! Today two gal friends are coming over for lunch so we bought salad fixings and will chop them all up like a salad buffer for every to choose items they want on their salad. And then we will repeat that tomorrow when a guy friend from my old job comes over. This was planned so it’s easy for us to eat on our food plan!!
    On Sunday we go out with my work buddies from my last job but I picked the place for lunch and will have salad with crab.
    It really pays off for me to plan ahead. Brown I don’t have to worry about what I might eat.
    I also hope to have time to go through my clothes because I need to find some clothes that fit better. I must have some in a drawer or box somewhere!! Ha

Well I wish you all an amazing day and thanks for all your support!!
    πŸ’œπŸŒ·πŸ’–

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Today was a great day as we went to our pool at our condo which has a pretty courtyard with flowers all around. Friends came over and I made healthy salads on the plan for everyone and they all loved it!
    Tonight my hubby is making salmon and we will have a little fruit with it I think.
    It’s been a great day as I hardly worked today and had fun with friends!
    And now I know I love the pool I may go daily!
    Also, I have dropped below another “ten” on my weight! It’s exciting! You know how you go from the 90’s to the 80’s to the 70’s and such. It’s fun to be in another lower group!

• posted by Izzy
    on

wow what a great loss! That’s your good behaviour on holiday catching up with you now, you’ve done great on this plan and from what you’ve said its going to be easy to adapt for you long term.

Glad you’ve managed to fit in some fun times with friends and the pool, sounds awesome!

I work 4 days every week and 3 off, but in my case the 3 off are usually with my kids. I love my kids and have plenty fun with them but I do enjoy the occasional days I actually get to myself, my 3 days off aren’t as much of a break haha but at least I don’t have to get up as early and they will get easier as they get older. My daughter at 11 is much easier than she used to be.

Have fun rummaging through your clothes, it’s a pity you live so far away we could meet up and I could help you to adapt some. I have two plans for some of mine and need to get around to it soon!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi Izzy, that is so cool that you only work four days! This is my first little section of taking four days off in a row and so far I love it!
    Thanks for the kudos on the weight loss, I just can’t believe I’m still melting at such a high rate, but I agree it’s probably because I stayed on the program during my 2 1/2 week trip and I did lose some weight during the trip.
    It’s funny when I write these in the evenings as most of you are all fast asleep in your parts of the country.
    Sleep well!

• posted by Izzy
    on

That is the wonder of these forums though, wherever we are across the world we can still interact with each other regardless of distance and time.

I tend to post in the morning and then in the evening and on my days off I’m an addict and post in-day as well :-p

It keeps me feeling accountable and in check I think.

Lets keep Melting πŸ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi everyone!
    I couldn’t post yesterday as I was exhausted. I mean unserious other no energy and I had to go to lunch with a friend. I had lots of fun with my friend but due to the fact I don’t eat much f what they serve there I ate 1/2 cup white rice (counted carbs) and 1/4 cup eggplant as it was way too spicy for me.
    I was only trying to stay in my carbs and I never eat carbs like that so guess what?
    The rice made me feel terrible and gave me a serious foggy brain. It was really bad. I got home at 2 from lunch and had to go to bed and sleep from 4-7:30 and then went to bed at 10 and slept 10 hours!!!!! I usually sleep 5-7 hours and am full of energy!! Ugh. Never eating rice again. Apparently I have a terrible reaction to something I hoped would be okay for my tummy as long as I stayed in my carbs.
    Also the eggplant was so spicy my tummy had major issues when I got home also. It doesn’t love spice at all.
    Lesson learned for sure!!
    On a happy note it’s week 7 Day 4 and I have lost 2.5 lbs this week so far.
    I have 3.5 lbs to go as I will have lost 30 lbs!!! I can’t believe it!!!
    Last night I dreamt I was thin and picking out skinny shorts and a shirt and I bought them and felt amazing in them and I looked super healthy and happy!!
    What’s crazy about this is in my work and for myself I teach, and do, visualizations to achieve goals. Seems I am doing them in my dreams now also – I love it!!!
    I got zero work done yesterday so hope to start in an hour or two and work today getting a lot done.
    Feel free to comment and let me know how you are doing!
    Wishing you all the best always!
    πŸ’œπŸŒ·

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi Happy, sorry I didn’t have time to reply yesterday.

That’s awful that the rice made you feel that way, it just goes to show that perhaps our bodies simply are not designed for many carbs. You’re doing such a great job on this diet though πŸ™‚

It’s great you are finding yourself visualising in dreams, maybe it’s a case of it being quite habitual because you do it often? I wish it would happen here my dreams lately are generally not the best lol!

I hope you managed to catch up on your work and continue to feel better today, those 3.5lb’s will be gone in no time at all!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Happy hope you are doing ok you’ve been quiet the past couple of days. Just checking in so you know you were missed!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi Izzy,
    Thanks, I have just been super busy and yesterday had a surprise day off as they were testing smoke alarms in our bldg so I had to move clients to another day. So my husband and I went to the pool which was lovely, painted ceramics, and went out tinstone for salad and shrimp.

Today is day 1 of week 8!!

I lost 2.25 inches and 1.4 lbs in week 7!!
    I actually was even 2 lbs more post a couple days ago but I guess I am retaining some water from some salt in foods I ate.

I found a drawer of smaller clothes and tried them all on and they all fit so at least I have “new” old shirts to wear!

I decided not to post everyday since I am so busy doing marketing and seeing clients but I am not going off the program for sure.

I will check your diary and hope you do well on your 5:2 plan!
    πŸ’œπŸ’–πŸŒ·

• posted by Izzy
    on

sounds like you made great use of your unexpected day off πŸ™‚

Great news on smaller clothes fitting too! I’ll try some of my other stuff on again soon I think.

I’ll look out for your updates whenever you have time to check in, good luck with the days ahead πŸ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Week 8 Day 3
    Well I am back after a couple days and it’s been crazy!
    Thanks for the note above Izzy, and thanks for keeping in touch. It means a lot!
    The night before last my husband and I were up all night with our dog (miniature poodle) who was having neck pain and backed up issues. So yesterday he was on meds and we had to monitor him. Thankfully today he’s a lot better. Watching him shake and pant was scary. He has a lot of genetic issues as he was a puppy mill rescue and we love him so much!
    On a happier note, it’s 71 degrees here today so we are heading to the pool. The bathing suit I wore last time is too big so I tried on every bathing suit in the drawer just now (that’s about 10 of them!) and all but one fits and most are also big! Two I never have worn and they still had the tags on them! So I am sitting here in a bathing suit I bought eons ago writing this as we prep for the pool. I modeled them all for my husband and he loved them. Keep in mind I still have a LOT of weight to lose but I love celebrating these joyous moments.
    Also, yesterday we went to lunch with people we see about ever 8 weeks. So they hadn’t seen me since I started this new plan. They were amazed and said how great I look and how much I’ve lost. One of the men has lost about 200 himself over the last few years and he even had his wife text me after lunch to say how much smaller he noticed I am now. I also wore my fave skinnier tshirt which is also way too big now.
    I don’t seem to be losing any weight these past few days which is frustrating albeit I know I will have some plateaus. Usually if I don’t lose weight I still lose inches.
    Wishing you all the best always –
    πŸ’œ

• posted by Giz
    on

Wow… You have motivated me to really give it a go from tomorrow! I still struggle with the thought of what to have as an “easy” breakfast! Loved reading your post from start!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Happy I’m sorry for your poor dog and his previous suffering, how great that you guys rescued him. I hope he stays well now.

Fabulous news on the swim suits and too big clothes πŸ™‚ It’s a great feeling when other people notice the loss isn’t it?

Giz welcome to BSD πŸ™‚

The easiest breakfast lots of people here reach for is some fage total yoghurt and a few berries, but there are many more options than you think. Use the recipe section and the forum search box and you’ll soon be spoiled for choice πŸ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi Giz!
    So happy you are starting tomorrow and we are all here if you need support!
    I have to have super simple and fast breakfast and can’t eat yogurt but I love either 1-2 oz of sharp cheddar cheese with berries or grapes or 2 oz of salmon with fruit.
    We cook a big piece of salmon and cut it in small pieces so we always have it in the fridge to grab quickly with a fruit.
    We also always have hard boiled eggs in the fridge to grab one or two.
    For me having protein at each meal has been essential. I eat protein and fruit at breakfast and lunch (usually 1 cup of berries as they are best). I then eat protein and lots of vegies (both a salad and steamed ) for dinner.

It looks like I am losing as I weighed after the pool and was a couple lbs less than this morning!! Yeah!!

Hey Izzy!!
    My dog is a lot better today thanks! He went blind in both eyes by age two due to genetic issues and had to have fake lens put in so he could see. He has a neck and back genetic issue of fused bones which is why he had this pain flare up. All tests came back ok at least. He’s on prednisone and codeine for the pain for 9 days. He’s 11 years old.

Wishing you the best!!
    πŸ’œ

• posted by Giz
    on

Thank you! Starting tomorrow but only have Greek yoghurt….not diet/low fat! πŸ˜‚

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Giz
    Welcome to the team!
    You don’t want diet/low fat, you want full fat. Diet/low fat is evil and shouldn’t ever be touched due to the higher sugar content! It’s confusing at first as the messages we’ve all heard over the last 30 years is that fat is bad for us, but it’s not. Hopefully, you’ve read the 8 week diet book, as that explains the science behind it all.
    8.5 weeks ago I switched from low fat everything to full fat everything and I’ve lost 14.1kg so far. I still have around 10kg to lose so will continue for the time being, doing what I’ve been doing.

Remember to drink at least 2-3 litres of non calorie fluid per day (a lot of mine comes from herbal teas) and up your exercise to around 10k steps per day. It also helps if you download one of the calorie counting apps (in Australia I’ve found Easydietdiary the best) and keep track of your total calories and complex carbs – try for less than 50g carbs per day.
    Follow these simple guidelines and you can’t help but lose weight and I guarantee that after the first few days, you won’t feel hungry except for when you should be! πŸ˜„
    Good luck and keep posting to let us know how you’re going.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi Giz!
    I have not exercised at all and take about 2-3000 steps a day naturally. Since you are having protein at every meal it keeps your metabolism high. Also, for one to two days during the first week or second week you might feel a little weaker as your body switches from looking for carbs for fuel to figuring out it needs to look for protein. Once it figures it out usually cravings are all gone and you have a lot of energy.

Make sure you only eat full fat everything. The main reason is that the full fat versions keep you satiated and full until your next meal.

I tell my clients who do it there are main steps I follow:

1-protein at every meal
    2-full fat always
    3-12 hours between end of dinner and breakfast (fast it’s called in the book)
    4-800 calories a day
    5-50 carbs a day
    6-lots more water than you would think as you are flushing fat and replenishing water that goes out with the fat.

I drink herbal tea as well but even herbal tea makes some work for your liver so I drink more water than anything else.

You will quickly figure out what works for you. 😍

I use an app on my phone to log everything I eat so I know what my calories and carbs are. It’s very helpful.

Good luck!! πŸ’œ

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Yippee. Happy dance!
    Week 8 day 4 I am down 30 lbs on this plan and down 63 lbs from my highest weight.
    Loving it and take so easy to stay on.
    Grandkids coming over to head to the pool and I am wearing a bathing not suit ten sizes smaller than the one I wore two months ago!!
    Made a huge low carb vegie salad with berries, salmon, and hard boiled eggs that all five of us can share for lunch. Had an ounce of cheddar cheese and 1/3 c blueberries for breakfast.
    My little dog, Muffin, is doing much better on his meds so that makes me happy!
    Wishing you all a stress free and great day!!
    πŸ’œπŸŒ·

• posted by Giz
    on

WoW! Well done..3/4 way through day one…..doing supermarket run on Weds, but thought why wait till then to start!
    Glad Muffin better.
    x

• posted by Izzy
    on

Glad to hear Muffin is doing better πŸ™‚ and hope you had lots of fun with the grandchildren too! I’m jealous of the pool I’d love to have a float right now.

Good Luck Giz well done for biting the bullet and getting started!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hey Izzy and Giz!

Giz, so happy you started! I did that also and just figured out what I had that would work and then you can buy what you need. Congrats!!

Izzy, thanks, the pool was great since its heated but the weather ended up being cloudy and not as warm as we hoped. Still we all had fun playing around in the water. Right before we met up I realized my smaller suit is still too big so quickly sewed up 4 inches on each shoulder strap and another four inches on the bra part. Seemed to work. Guess I have to get my sewing machine out soon!!

Hugs to you both! πŸ’œ

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Ugh – I have to switch up my food totally as it seems tummy issues are happening because of some food choices.
    So am switching from berries to 1/2 banana once a day (so many carbs!) with peanut butter.
    And lentil soup (1/2 can w 1 cup water) and a little shredded Parmesan.
    And then probably fish and vegies for dinner.
    Hopefully this switch will help my tummy which has had it with berries it seems.
    πŸŒ·πŸ’œ

• posted by Izzy
    on

wow Happy you really are melting!

Hope the different food helps you to feel better πŸ™‚

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hope the change to your diet is helping! 🌻

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks Imogen and Izzy, The changes seem to be helping but I’ll wait a week until I decide for sure.
    Today is actually the last day of my eighth week!
    I can’t believe it!!
    Tomorrow morning will be my weigh in to see how much weight I’ve lost after the eight weeks. I would guess it’ll be 30 pounds, which is a lot, but even more amazing to me every day is that I can tell how much weight I’m losing just by how I feel, how my clothes fit, etc.
    I plan to still stay on the 800 BSD planned because it’s work so well for me and I feel so great!
    Thanks to all of you for your support and helping me walk through these last eight weeks together with you!
    Wishing you the best always πŸ’œπŸŒ·πŸ’–

• posted by Imogen
    on

Happy,

Congratulations on your forthcoming graduation to over the eight week gang…onwards my friend… onwards! I have stuck with BSD800 – now in week 10 and still smiling😊🌻

• posted by Izzy
    on

Wow Happy haven’t these 8 weeks gone flying by? and you did so well on your road trip too!

Congratulations on graduation, and better health and fitness, and general wonderfulness!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks Izzy and hi all!!

Today is day 1 of week 9!!!!
    I felt a little light headed for two days and took my BP and it’s lower than it’s ever been so I emailed my doc to ask for a regimen to start reducing my meds!! I have told her for a long while I would get off them and I will for sure!
    Also, my new, and more alkaline diet (read as lots of green vegies) is helping my tummy issues. So glad I listened to my intuition!
    Here’s my specs for the weeks if it helps anyone:
    🌷Weekly weigh ins🌷
    Week 1 – 9 lb lost
    -4.5 inches
    Week 2 – 3 lb lost (12)
    -5.25 inches
    Week 3 – 5 lb lost (17)
    -4.75 inches
    Week 4 – .5 lb lost (17.5)
    – 1.25 inches
    Week 5 – nothing lost
    Week 6 – 6.6 lbs lost (-24.3)
    -1.75 inches
    Week 7 -1.4 lbs lost (25.1)
    -2.25 inches
    Week 8 – 4.6 lbs lost (29.5)
    -1.25 inches

Best to all of you!
    πŸ’œπŸŒ·

• posted by Izzy
    on

So glad for you that you have finally found a way to help the tummy issues πŸ™‚ those stats are brilliant well done Happy!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi all! Hope everyone is doing well and feel free to share here if you like!
    Today is day two of week 9. It’s so exciting to start a new 8 week section!

Today I went for a new hair style and got my shoulder length hair cut short. I like it a lot and my husband loves it. So easy and makes me look fresher I think. My stylist is a best friend so we trade services with each other.

Also went to a book store and splurged on some cool magazines with recipes for this kind of plan. I don’t even eat gluten free as I stay off carbs like that totally or at least 99.9%.

Tonight I found a new recipe online for healthy salmon and my husband made it and it was amazing!! Here it is:

πŸ’œHealthy Salmon
    Heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
    Ingredients:
    1 1/2 lbs of salmon
    1 TB olive oil
    1/2 cup fresh parsley
    2 cloves chopped garlic
    1 tsp turmeric

Mix the last four ingredients together. Press this on to the top side of the salmon. Place the salmon skin side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (we used foil).
    Bake for 12 minutes (check thickest part to be sure it’s done).
    Enjoy!!
    This makes about 3-4 meals for both of us. So delicious!!

Tomorrow is a day off for me! Yeah! It’s supposed to be sunny for the next 8 days and 75 degrees so it will be gorgeous here. We are at the water and across it are snow capped mountains.

I hope to start exercising a little more on the bike and walking. I haven’t really done much of anything and checked today that my average weekly weight loss has been 3.75. Of course I lost a lot the first couple weeks and it was less after that but there were a lot of 4 lb weekly losses.

I know many of you are in England and Scotland and I wish you all the best as the recent vote makes changed for your countries and lives. πŸ’œ

Hugs to all of you as we are a team of friends getting healthy together!!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi Happy, glad you are happy with you new haircut and the new recipe was good! Hope you find some nice new ideas in your magazines and enjoy your day off.

There is a lot of unrest over here now but for the most part I stay out of it, I can understand why people voted on each side which means I can talk easily to both groups. The media will tell you that there is much division and upset and families are split and friendships crumpled. However in my experience the majority of us accept our differences and won’t allow it to divide our families or destroy our friendships. We now need to find our way forwards wherever it ay take us.

The media will also tell you that Scotland wanted to stay in the EU, and it did. However around 40% of people in Scotland still voted to leave so it’s very split here too. It’s all a bit of a mix up at the moment! However I still believe that a good future exists for us. A little perspective is needed I think.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Week 10 day 1
    Only lost .8 lbs in week 9 of BSD800 and no inches. Seems this was plateau week. Just will keep on moving down the path as I have still lost over 30 so far and lost many sizes in clothing.

Izzy I really wish you all the best! I can’t imagine all the unrest albeit we may have it here once the presidential race ends. Why can’t we all just get along – we are all humans just finding our way.

I jammed my knuckle on my middle finger the other day and it’s still bad so I am gonna try and see the doctor today. It’s been hard to type so I am not logging much here lately.

Have a happy day!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hey Happy, I hope you haven’t done any real damage to your hand and that you find some relief soon. As for the weight loss don’t worry it’s still almost 1lb this week for you, and you’ve done so well on BSD. There are bound to be some slower weeks now and then πŸ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks Izzy!!
    Huge news!
    My finger is okay but the best news is my doctor said my blood pressure is so low on my food plan now I have to stop my BP meds!!!
    I have taken them for years (maybe 10) and I always said I would get off of them and the docs never thought I would.
    And now I am!!
    Best news ever!
    Happy dance to the max!!
    πŸ’œ

• posted by Izzy
    on

Glad your finger is ok, awesome news on the BP meds πŸ™‚

Be proud Happy you are doing such a great thing for your health and wellbeing!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks Izzy!

Today is my first day without one f the meds. Kinda scary but also exciting!

I also found out the other day I can have my favorite eggplant and tofu with black bean garlic sauce! It’s a Thai or Chinese restaurant favorite! I also looked up the recipe and it’s super easy to make so we might try it this weekend.

Tonight we are meeting my son and daughter in law and the two grandkids for dinner at a dim sum place. Luckily this place has several delicious vegie side dishes and a tofu dish. Asparagus with black bean sauce, pickled green beans, and baked tofu! I also order the vegie dim sum and only beat the insides which are delicious!!!

Last night my hubby took me out to celebrate the good news on getting off my meds. We shared 1/2 of a kale/arugula Caesar salad (so 1/4 each) and also shared a halibut entree. Both were delicious and the wait staff who know us were all asking what I am doing. So nice!

It’s July 4th weekend here so lots of towns and the cities have things going on for Independence Day. Our little town has a walk/run, two parades (kids then adults), a dance event at a park, and then fireworks at 10pm. So many other towns and cities have so much going on that after we go to the other side of the lake to eat with the kids tonight we will stay close to home the rest of the weekend. It’s too crazy with traffic and parking to deal with it all for us. And our dog is scared of fireworks so we always stay home with him anyway.

Bought a new desk and desk chair and my hubby put them together. He also took down and put away our dining table and chairs as we never use them but 2-3 times a year. Since my son has a big house now all holiday meals will be at their place so it’s made our little place a better working space for me – for now.

My smaller undies I had to buy about 5 weeks so which were somewhat tight initially are now too large. Want to wait another 20 lbs before buying more though.

Have to find a dress to wear to a friend’s wedding in a month also. Might take one in but it’s a lot of sizes to take in so might have to buy a new one. Trouble is the stores are starting to have fall and winter clothes and the wedding is on an expected 85 degree day!!! I know it will all work out – just thinking about it.

My hubby couldn’t stop saying how proud of me he is last night. Over and over. So cute.

Well it’s early here – I was wide away at 5am and it’s 6 now. Even the dog is still asleep and so is my hubby.

Have a great day everyone and enjoy yourselves wherever you live!

Hugs!
    🌷

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Happy 4th of July HappyLife and everyone else! We have similar issues with traffic and just folk walking around and partying here at Lake Tahoe — they started arriving Thursday and every house around us is packed with people barbecuing and beer drinking and general merry making — can’t even ride a bike down the Truckee River trail, it is so packed with strollers, dogs, children and bikes 😜 it is a good time to head out on one of the longer trails because no one else is willing to waste that much energy. We are hot here — yesterday close to 90 degrees, which makes the lake more attractive anyway. This will keep up until the 5th of July, when most folk will head back down to San Francisco Bay area and Sacramento — where all the real jobs are!!😜 I hope the fireworks are good this year!! Have fun!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hey Californiagirl! I love Lake Tahoe and my hubby and I used to go quite often when we lived in SF. It’s so beautiful there. First time I went to Truckee I was 10 and I always make sure anyone I know stops there as well. It’s the cutest town!!!
    Happy 4th!!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hope you still feel well off the meds Happy, you’re husband sounds lovely it looks like you chose each other well.

I couldn’t stand that much heat – Scottish people are too used to cooler weather! I hope you enjoy the rest of your celebrations πŸ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.