Happy Life – 8 wk diary

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

I love Izzy’s idea of having a diary to post and thought it would really help me also!

Today is day 3 – Happy May 1
    First two days have lost 4 lbs!
    πŸ“ŒWhat’s working: all the help from people in the forums. Feeling lighter already and not bloated.
    πŸ“ŒWhat’s not: major tummy issues and today felt weak upon waking and still have some joint pains which only began after day 1.
    πŸ“ŒHope to resolve by eating 3 times a day and removing yogurt and raw vegies for now.
    πŸ“ŒSeeking advice: I have 2.5 week road trip coming up May 18th and need to figure it what I can have in the car and what I can eat at restaurant since many of them use oils and sugars when cooking fish and such.

• posted by Izzy
    on

My diary is helping me keep track, I hope yours does too!

Well done on the 4 lb’s off already!

By May 18th I’m sure you will have some tried and tested foods for in the car. I take lunch to work every day and I quite like either home made scotch eggs (I added the recipe they have no breadcrumb coating) or cheese or ham salad. Also you can make some low carb soup to flask up, depending on what facilities you have in between driving.

The oils in the cooking for this way of eating won’t matter as much only the sugars and other carbs. I guess the main thing is to avoid pasta, rice, potatoes and bread. Avoiding coated food like things cooked in batter, or breadcrumbs. Most menu’s would have a meat based dish to your liking and you can ask for no potatoes and some extra veg.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks Izzy, following your lead and really appreciate the travel tips!
    Haven’t eaten meat or chicken for 41 years but I do eat fish so planning on getting fish and vegies wherever I go for now.
    Hoping Starbucks (they are everywhere) will have their protein pack which had a hard boiled egg and a little peanut butter in it.
    We switch places we stay 7 times in 18 days but I will plan well by then to make sure I can stay on it!!!
    So exciting as today (this afternoon) all my pain caused from day 1 is gone!!
    I think it’s from candida die off possibly. It’s better so that’s all that matters right now!!
    πŸ’–πŸŒ·

• posted by hawke
    on

awesome work! i often have to pack food on the go and I like yoghurt with chia seeds and nuts in a ziplock bag to add to yoghurt later, hard boiled eggs, squares of cheese, trail mix (make it yourself for calories), tins of sardines and cruditΓ©s

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi Hawke, thanks for those awesome tips! Really appreciate them and you!!
    🌷

• posted by hawke
    on

Good luck! you can do it!

• posted by Izzy
    on

I’d find this a lot harder I think without meat, but I’m sure it is still do-able. eggs would be a staple I expect, along with salad and cheese, I’d probably check out things like quorn products and see if they would hold up to being eaten cold.

You can definitely do it πŸ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Day 4
    a.m readings
    Weight Loss 7 pounds
    Blood Sugar 80 (from 119 day 1)
    No joint pain!!!
    Not feeling faint today!!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi Izzy,
    I couldn’t eat meat when I was pregnant as it made me sick and I never went back to it.
    Since the two places I have mainly lived our Hawaii and Washington we have tons of fish (salmon in Washington state) so that’s my main protein.
    Thanks to everyone saying we could have some beans I had 1 cup lentil soup yesterday so will start adding that. It’s the only beans I can have on Fodmap (ibs foods) as I’ve gone back to that since on this diet my tummy is having serious issues (ibs or die off not sure which yet).
    Have a great day!!!! πŸ’œπŸŒ·

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Day 5
    No weight loss today – still down 7 lbs
    Woke up with a cold – drinking lots of water and taking naturopath cold meds.
    Gotta nip this in the bud quickly since I have daily clients for two weeks and then a busy trip.
    I can do it!! πŸ’œπŸ˜
    Day 5
    B – 2 eggs, 1oz cheddar, herbs
    L – 3pz salmon, 1 cup asparagus
    D – 1/2 can Amy’s lentil vegie soup with 1 cup asparagus added

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hope you feel better soon, and that you got on ok with your food today.

Your post reminded me when I was pregnant with my daughter (she is 11) I was the same except I couldn’t eat fish either I was pretty much vegetarian for the pregnancy. I would cook meat and even look forward to eating it and then… nope, couldn’t eat it. It was a pain at times I remember staying in a hotel for a week with work and all they had on the menu I could eat was baked potato and sandwiches.

It was different with her brother I could still eat anything πŸ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi Izzy!
    Thanks so much I am already almost 100%! I drank a ton of water and took Umcka every 3 hours and vitamin C so hoping I kicked it to the curb quickly.
    Stayed on my food plan, thanks, my hubby does most the cooking since I can be busy with clients and he’s retired. He’s been great as always as I try something new for my health. πŸ˜€

Reading all your posts really helps me know I am not alone in this journey!
    πŸ’œ

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Day 6
    Lost 9 lbs so far!!
    Feeling great. Cold went away in 1 day!
    No joint pain! No cravings! No hunger!
    Normal energy!

783 cal / 51 carb
    B- 2 eggs, 1 oz cheese, herbs
    L- 2oz salmon, 1 apple
    D- 1 cup asparagus, 1 T butter, 1/2 can Amy’s lentil vegie soup, 1 oz Parmesan

• posted by Izzy
    on

woohoo you are already ahead of me! I appear to have hit the dreaded plateaux! but that’s Ok I can be patient.

Glad you felt well again so quickly too πŸ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hang in there Izzy! I probably have a LOT more to lose than you do!!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Day 7
    9 lbs down bs 92
    Today is my last day of my first week and it’s going great. My tummy is finally calmed down, I was able to add more variety of foods without incident, no joint pains, lots of energy, and pounds lost.
    Motivated to keep going for sure!
    Food today 889 cal 32 carb
    B – Bircher
    L – Cobb salad no bacon (salad with 1 oz blue cheese, 1/4 avocado, 1/2 egg, and dressing)
    D – 2 egg salad with green olives and mayo
    β˜€οΈπŸŒ»πŸ“

• posted by Izzy
    on

woohoo week one done and dusted! well done Happy πŸ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Wow wow wow!
    I just walked 700 steps BY MYSELF without holding onto my husband’s shoulder. This is huge for me!
    Due to mechanical knee issues I have only walked a tiny bit with him for over a year.
    I felt light just from losing 9 lbs so far.
    Also, my clothes are looser by a lot! I will fully measure tomorrow to see how many inches I have lost overall.
    Yeah! I will try and do it again later today!
    So exciting, and it’s nice not to be alone in here! πŸ’œ

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Well tomorrow’s weigh in will be my weigh in after week one as today is my 7th day. So exciting though. Thanks for all your sharing and support!!!

• posted by Izzy
    on

wow losing a bit of weight sounds like it is going to transform your life πŸ™‚

Good luck for tomorrow!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks Izzy, I tell my husband about you and how inspirational you are for me!
    Today I did so many things I haven’t been able to do forever! Walked 1700 steps already (should make 2k). Worked in our kitchen for 30 min. And I am going to do our exercise bike for 10 min and arm weights (10lbs) or pulleys.
    The funny thing is this morning so had to put my top on the tightest loop and it’s always been on the largest!! And today my bracelet and two rings are almost falling off!!
    It’s crazy. I am melting… In a good way!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Week 2 – Day 1
    Lost 9 lbs. in first week
    BS down 33 pts!!
    Inches Lost: 4.25 Total (Waist 1.5 Hips 2.75)
    Still having tummy issues at times – figuring that out soon hopefully….

Keep on going – seems easy enough except for tummy issues and the inches are melting off literally… YEAH!!!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Week 2 – Day 2
    Sitting here in shock as I lost 3 lbs more since yesterday and that’s 12 total in 8 days!
    Feeling great and started using the nutritional shakes for breakfast as well
    Ate out twice in the last two days having salad with some protein and that seems to work well also!
    Melting in a good way!! To that thin person inside me – you are on your way out!

• posted by Izzy
    on

wowzers that’s fantastic! you’ll be over that first stone lost soon πŸ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks Izzy! Is a stone 15 lbs??
    πŸ’œ

• posted by lauren
    on

A stone is 14 lbs πŸ™‚ really nearly there!

• posted by Izzy
    on

yes 14 is a stone πŸ™‚ just around the corner for you!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great result. Soon hit that 14 pounds πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Okay this is nuts!! After 8 days and losing 12 lbs and 4.5+ inches I went to buy a couple shirts for a trip. This was already planned. I ran in and got tree I liked without thinking. We came home. I tried them on. We took all three back because I had to buy 2 sizes smaller shirts. 2 sizes. And I wear x’s not like regular numbers. 2 sizes. We were in shock and so was the store manager who knows us.
    Hallelujah I really am melting!!
    It’s amazing and awesome so far!

• posted by Bissell
    on

How fantastic! What a thrill! Well done you! πŸ˜€πŸ‘

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Ugh. Wide awake at 3am. 2nd time this week. My body needs a lot less sleep when I am losing my weight. Gonna need a nap later probably…..
    Tummy issues again yesterday evening. – gonna cut out the fruits in hope that helps.
    Weigh in comes later this morning.
    Gonna be a long day but I am still happy and sticking with it. It’s working.

• posted by Izzy
    on

yay for two sizes smaller that’s brilliant!

In the book it does suggest that some may suffer sleep issues, having read elsewhere it seems that carbs help with the sleepy hormones and clearly we are having a lot less of those. It suggests in the book if you are struggling with sleep that eating your last meal of the day a bit later helps some.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Day 9
    Morning weigh in down another 8 ounces
    Really surprised as I seem to be retaining water after last nights tummy issues
    Giving up the fruit today as it seems those are causing the issues. Maybe fruit malabsorption for the time being.
    Everything else I eat doesn’t bother me.

Eating out for moms day but will just have asparagus and tofu if we get in the restaurant or will get something at the deli with the kids. Low key day today for sure.

πŸ’œ

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks for that info Izzy! I am going to read the book on a plane next week. Have it next to me and keep thinking I have time but then I don’t do it as something else takes over that time slot!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hope you enjoyed your day with your family ☺

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hallelujah! I made it through Mother’s Day and even only ate 700 calories and 38 carbs for the day!

B nutrition shake vega
    L 2 eggs, 4 green olives, 1/2 T mayo, 1/2 tomato
    Snack 1 oz cheese (to make it till dinner)
    D asparagus, green beans, broccoli, dried tofu, 1 T oyster sauce, inside only if two vegie dim sum

Yippee I made it and the kids made sure there were things I could eat!!!
    πŸ’œπŸ’–πŸŒ·πŸŒ»

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks Izzy, just got home (we are in US Pacific time zone) and it was amazing!! Just went to a low key dim sum place and the day food wise and family wise went great!!
    Hugs for a great day when you see this!

• posted by Izzy
    on

aw that’s nice your kids thought about the food, glad you had a nice time and well done for staying on track!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Day

Calories 1028!! Carbs 37

What I learned today:

Decided to weigh in once a week instead of daily since people warn of ups and downs coming.

Learned to ask for butter sauce on the side!!!

I was under yesterday so should end up ok on weigh in day Friday.

Leaned if I have grab it to go food ready our daily picnics are easy!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Izzy!! Are you ok as you didn’t post today? Did you eat the pizza?! I cNt log into your diary because whenever I get on page 3 it logs me out and doesn’t let me log in again.

• posted by Izzy
    on

hope someone can help you with the technical stuff! Yes I’m fine thankyou for thinking of me and I DIDN”T eat the pizza woohoo. OK so I had one bite… but then I threw the leftovers in the food bin. I’d never have stopped at one bite before!

it’s my weigh day and my official weight is down just over 2 lb’s bringing my total to just over 10 lb’s in 3 weeks. I’m happy if it continues at this pace that will be great πŸ™‚

grab it to go food is a good idea. A lot of the success in weight loss is in being prepared, have a great day Happylife!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Wow that’s amazing! Great job taking one bite and tossing it! My daughter in law gave us two cookies she had made when we were out to eat. I put them in the car and left them there and then last night out them down the disposal. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do 😳
    They smelled too good even a day old to keep here for the kids when they come over.
    Usually whenever I get free desserts at a restaurant I bring them home and throw them in the freezer then when the kids come over I defrost them and they get some dessert.

Two pounds is great!! Remember everyone says it gets slow and then sometimes speeds up again as our bodies adjust.

Today would be my moms bday if she was still here and my husband and I always do something special for her. Today we are taking a day trip drive and a picnic somewhere. And I took the day off from seeing clients. πŸ˜ƒ

Hope your day was or is awesome – I think you must be 8-12 hours ahead of me in time zones.

Keep going – we can do this!!

Hugs!

• posted by Izzy
    on

That’s a lovely idea to remember your Mother I hope you enjoy your day.

Yes we will be hours ahead it’s 1510 right now so my work day is getting near to done. I’m sat just now waiting for work as I’ve run out and the office is trying to find me something. Not allowed to just go home lol.

Planning a walk with my friend tonight so I am looking forwards to that.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Okay you are 8 hours ahead of me, do you mind saying where you live just so I can think of you there when we chat? I am in Seattle, Washington.
    Have a nice walk with your friend!!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

πŸ’—day 12

Amazing transformations from 2.5 weeks on this diet so far are:

Losing inches
    Losing weight
    I bought clothes two sizes smaller 2
    days ago and they fit already
    I am wearing pants that I could not fit
    before at all
    My stomach seems to be healing
    I don’t have joint pain
    I have a lot more energy
    I need less sleep
    I can stand in the kitchen and shower without hip and back pain
    BS went from 116 to 80
    No hernia issues

• posted by Izzy
    on

That’s a fantastic list, lots there to be pleased about and great motivation to keep going!

I’m in Scotland in UK, near the East coast. Our walk was fab tonight but my feet hurt! we did about 8 miles tho, along the coast. Really enjoyed the sound of the waves.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Wow 8 miles!!!!!!! Wow!!
    I was just thrilled because I did two 10 min workouts on the exercise bike as I couldn’t even do 5 min 3 weeks ago! I added the HIT also!
    Take care of your feet and great job with your quick dinner change!!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Ugh and victory!
    Yesterday my hubby bought the groceries and knows what I am eating but came home with two chocolate bars as they were on sale. He’s the most loving guy but it made me crazy.
    I waited a while to say something and then asked him to commit to the food program for me and not bring foods not on it in the house. I asked for a decision an hour later so I would know how to approach it in the future if those foods were in the house.
    A little while later he told me he’s on board and to throw out the chocolate bars (we will give them to a neighbor).
    I know I will be able to have a little someday but right now it’s all too new and I want my life to be better so am really surrounding myself with the program to ensure it makes it easiest to follow and stay on.
    So 10 stars to my hubby who was willing to listen and understand.
    😍😍😍

• posted by Izzy
    on

it was nice of him to think of you, but even better that he now knows how to best support you, well done for not just eating it!

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi HappyLife
    Am so pleased for you. It’s a huge change to our former lives that we are trying to make. This diet/way of life seems to be self empowering. He is believing in you & your resolve & that makes life so much easier. I was lucky my husband joined me from day one. Well done to him too.

Please log in or register to post a reply.