Half way!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by misssay
    on

Hi everybody. I haven’t been around on the forum as much as I would have liked, since going back to work after half term, but it seems to have got a lot busier with plenty going on, and it is good to see more people interested. Hopefully, I can catch up a bit today as I am at home having a new water tank fitted. Well, I’m not actually having a new water tank fitted to me personally, but the house is!
    As we are just over half way through the 8 weeks (two days into week 5 now), it seemed like a good time to report in with some progress. I have lost 13 lbs (Oh scales – why could you not give me a stone off? I’m actually very happy with 13lbs, but it’s that elusive one stone mark isn’t it?) My husband has lost 8lbs. Both of us have lost 2 inches from our navel measurements, and I have also lost 2 inches off my ‘actual’ waist measurement, ie: the smallest bit in the middle. I’m not sure I can really call it a waist yet though! We have had a few days where we have gone a bit over on calories, but if we go over, it is usually on healthy, low carb stuff (with the possible exception for me of one Gregg’s sausage roll, ahem!) Overall, we are very impressed by the results. My husband’s BS has halved, and is generally hovering around 6 – 9. o

We have even managed to have pizza for the last two Saturday evenings, after our long cliff walks, thanks to besan flour bases. I fry them like a pancake, then put them onto the greased oven tray and bung them in the oven to dry off a bit more – only for about 5-10 mins, out of the oven to load up wih toppings and then back in to finish off. Voila, pizzas!

I was wondering about the possibility of there being a ‘diary’ section of the forums, where we could report in with how our day/week is going, and also on food we have eaten for the day, or have planned for the days ahead. I know it is possible to do that in a general thread, but I was musing earlier today that on other forums I have had a diary thread, in a diary section of the forum, which encouraged me to log on every day to record food, thoughts, and progress. Does anybody have any thoughts on the idea? (For or against is fine by me).

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi misssay you and the husband are doing so well. really good to hear
    I wish you had posted about the pizzas last week
    I made one like you but neglected to put the base in the oven to dry out and it was very soggy when the toppings were added.
    Yeah a diary section would be ok if it’s possible, I just use my first ever thread as a sort of diary ATM
    Going to try the Besan pasta recipe sometime this week. I have a hankering for ricotta and spinach raviolo 🙂

• posted by misssay
    on

Thanks Bill. I enjoy cooking, which I think has helped, but even so, I am amazed at how well we can eat on 800 calories a day.

I made the pancakes quite thin, and drying them out really did work well. They even cut into wedges with our pizza cutter, and were firm enough to pick up. They were very thin and crispy, but that is how I like my pizza bases anyway. Give it another try, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed!

I like the sound of the Besan flour pasta, I think I’ll have to give that a try too.

Please log in or register to post a reply.