HALF WAY THROUGH

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by GwendolineAnn
    on

I’m now halfway through the 8 weeks and I must admit weight has slowed right down this week with only 1lb lost. 11.8lb loss altogether. Unfortuantely at the weekend I wavered as well. Ate a few things that I shouldn’t have and actually didn’t really enjoy them either. I even resorted to cooking chocolate. The first few squares tasted divine but third and fourth didn’t so that was good as didn’t eat any more. I knew this would happen as soon as I get to somewhere near a target that I set, it all seems to go pear shaped. Well back to it today and maybe vary my foods a bit more, as I don’t think I did last week. The support from this website it actually fantastic and I love reading everyone’s posts.

Here’s to a good week and good luck everbody.

• posted by Fantail
    on

This probably sounds like an odd suggestion, but I find inspirational books and movies help, esp autobiographies. A good one I read then watched recently was called “wild” by Cheryl Strayed. Nothing like walking in another’s footsteps who’s real life drama dwarfs you own to keep your head in the game so to speak. Good luck!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Gwendolineanne

I think you are suffering from a bit of boredom and fatigue. You have done brilliantly well so far, nearly 12 pounds in four weeks is awesome! But however great the achievement, we can be our own worst enemies, talking ourselves down and knowing there is still work to do. Its time to shake things up a bit. Try some new recipes, some new foods you might not usually eat. Try on some clothes you had stopped wearing so you can see what a difference you’ve made to yourself. How about a shopping trip for something new? What other non-food treats could you indulge in to remind yourself that you are worth it? This is a good time to re-energise yourself and make a fresh commitment to the next four weeks. You’ve already proved that your tastes are changing so go with that and keep up the good work. All the best to you.

• posted by Patsy
    on

OK, you wavered – but you’re back on track now and have realised you didn’t really enjoy the foods you shouldn’t be eating as much as you’d thought, so hopefully the temptation won’t be so great in future.

• posted by Red Devil
    on

Hi Gwendolinanne
    I know exactly how you feel as I have done the same over and over again.
    I am hoping and believing that this will not be the case this time as I am enjoying the food and feeling so much better than I have for a long time.
    I am only one week in at the moment so really looking forward to hearing more tales of your success.
    Cheers
    Red.

• posted by Denise47 Jones
    on

Hi Gwendoline
    I have been the same this week. We are selling our house and the buyers pulled out last week after 4 months of to-ing and fro-ing between solicitors so was really low. I am on a mission again now though. We have to accept that life is like this and not let it distract us from the bigger picture!
    I have lost 16lbs so far with another 12lbs to go and this is week 6 now. Weight loss has slowed, but it’s still losses!
    Keep going and be kind to yourself x

Please log in or register to post a reply.