Half way through the 800

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Chinagas
    on

I’m now into my 5th week of the BSD 800. So far have lost just under 6 kgs. My wife and I started together and so far she has recorded a similar weight loss. I have been type 2 diabetic for around 18 months and at the time of diagnosis weighed in at 82 kgs with a bmi of 29 then aged 55. I ‘ve been a vegetarian for around 25 years, ate dairy products and fish. One of those people that exercised on and off (a run here, a bike ride there etc) loved all the wrong kind of food… potatoes, bread, cereals. We joined a gym back in November and have been going regularly 5 days a week since then. Do a whole range of stuff in the gym from spinning, yoga, HIIT, weights and aerobics just to keep things varied. The weight is coming down, the paunch is slowly disappearing and I’ve never felt fitter. The diet is going good too. I used MyFitnessPal to record everything and most of the time keep to the 800 calories. Breakfast is full fat yoghurt with 4 strawberries. Lunch can be a salad with either tuna, sardines or mackerel. Not much of a dinner as we do the gym in the evening after work so invariably just a low cal snack. Target weight is 70kgs. At the end of the 8 weeks, we’re going onto the 5:2 Med Diet and the gym membership is there for a year. Wished I had done all this sooner, actually enjoying every minute of it. Going to try out some of these recipes over the coming weeks.

• posted by Cap2000
    on

Well done for keeping with it. I started the BSD 800 on 4.4.16. I am 51 years old,6ft 1 and weighed 14st 11lb when I started 2 days ago. Weighed myself today and I was 14st 7.5lb. It’s dropping off me at the moment. Having realised that denial isn’t a river in Egypt, I’m determined to see this through then carry on with the 5:2. Good luck to you and your wife. Mark

• posted by Chinagas
    on

Cheers Mark, so far so good, the results are amazon so far (your joke is better!).
    Shane

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Very clever, fellas. My daughter would say those were ‘Dad jokes’ 🙂

• posted by Chinagas
    on

So true, Dad jokes are the best!

• posted by Toofastblack
    on

Today is the halfway mark for me. I’m a 48yo Australian male. Dropped 11.6kg (25.5lbs) so far. That’s 10% of my body weight. I’m doing it for weight loss as I’ve been fortunate – never had a problem with blood sugar or insulin or cholesterol – just obesity.

I will go on to do 5:2 Mediterranean after the end of the 8 weeks.

Fabulous work everyone

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Wow Toofastblack that’s a huge loss in 4 weeks. Great stuff. Does your user name reflect your car?

• posted by Toofastblack
    on

Thanks! Ha, no. But it could 😉

• posted by Chinagas
    on

56 years old.5’6” used to weigh in around83 kg’s. Ex smoker of nearly 3 years now, but was never a heavy smoker in the first place. 2 years ago diagnosed with hypertension, put on BP lowering meds and statins.(history of heart disease in family), 18 months ago diagnosed with type2. Didn’t really go to the gym much but not a couch potato. Time for a life style change! Found the 800 calorie sugar / blood diet, found a gym. Been on the diet for 8 weeks and lost10 kgs. Been in the gym since last October but now stepped it up in the last 8 weeks to 5 nights a week. So diet plus exercise =10kgs lost and blood pressure right down to normal. 800 blood sugar and gym best things ever…deffo recommended.

However….. (theres always a however!), went to gym today at 10 am, personal trainer introduced new set of exercises, felt really light headed… dizzy, a little nauseous, had to lie down right as rain after 5 minutes. Got home, checked blood pressure, 90/57 on lowest reading and 91/62 on highest. breakfast was just a bowl of yogurt with 4strawberries around 3 hours before the gym then had a hard boiled egg 30 mins before gym. After BP readings, felt fine and BP returned to normal…106 / 70. Anyone else out there had something similar?

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi chinagas I had some very low BPs when doing something physically demanding in the first weeks but haven’t exerted myself unduly in the last few weeks. Prof Taylor says it isn’t necessary to do new exercise regimes on 800 calories a day, in fact he advises leave it til you have finished the fast 800.

Perhaps you should leave the new set of exercises until you come off 800 calories.

What great results you have had with weight loss and better BP. How about your T2? Do you take bs readings?
    You must be feeling so much better in yourself having lost weight and reduced your BP 🙂

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Oops. Just read this and I am doing some occasionally intense exercise on the BSD diet of 800 calories.
    I sometimes feel a little faint towards the end of a body pump or indoor cycling class but the Diabetic Nurse told me to take a banana with me. Have actually been fine since she gave me that advice and haven’t needed it.
    Was pretty active before going on the diet.
    In early Feb at the surgery I had a blood pressure reading of 203/94 and newly diagnosed T2. I’m on Meds.
    This morning my BP is 122/62 and my fasting blood 5.0%
    Everyone is different and it is a personal journey but for me the losing weight and the exercise are working well.
    Would love to come off my meds.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Chinagas
    Very well done. Putting me to shame, but I’m doing the May marathon with ay caramba see topic : what exercise are people doing?

I think it’s maybe time for a meds review for you with your GP. Don’t want you flaking out ‘cos your BP is in your socks!
    Many congrats for giving up cigarettes. I think Raleigh should have sunk with his tobacco & now spuds 😉
    Be safe & well exercising

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi ay caramba, that thing about bananas is the old advice there is a lot of sugar in bananas. On the BSD perhaps some nuts or a piece of cheese would be better? Just a thought 🙂

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Thanks Hashimoto
    Good point about the banana……need to be really careful with fruit and the hidden sugar.
    Forgot to take one with me anyway and haven’t felt so light- headed lately.
    Think I just slow down in the last part of the class anyway. Not hauling so much weight about too so that must easier on the old body!
    Hope you are feeling better now.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Wow great job – motivational and thanks for posting in lbs also – 😄

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Talk to your doctor, mine told me se would take me off my meds once I fainted (light headed) from too low BP as that would mean I didn’t need the meds anymore.
    Just started the program but hoping to get off meds at some point.

• posted by Chinagas
    on

Target reached, reversed diabetes and weight around 71kgs. BP down to normal. Still loving the gym. Up’d the calorie intake to 1500 a day after completing 10 weeks on BSD. Must cut out the alcohol for a while see what effect that has. Would like to think the small weight gain is due to working out in the gym on the weights . Winters coming so gonna rethink the diet a bit. Any ideas?

Please log in or register to post a reply.