Gotta do it!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Nancynoo
    on

Well – I started a diet on 14.1.17 January determined to lose weight and had lost 12 lbs up to 27 days ago and then got a phone call from my GP to say blood results showed me as diabetic! Took his advice went straight on BSD 800 and now at 23 lbs loss but am stunned by some others enormous losses when I’ve only done 11 lbs in neay 4 weeks. I’m so scared and so determined to stick with this – I want to be able to say I’ve done it! Also exercising three / four times week for forty minutes since January.
    Letter from GP says probably diet management at first but may suggest medication as my levels are high. I really don’t want this – is that stupid of me? Would love some others to chat to and get opinions about this….thank you in advance, Nancy

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

There are many inspiring tales on here from people who have been where you are, and have completely turned this around. Slow loss by comparison with some others may simply be because you were already on a diet and had already had the easy win from water loss. Also there may be some transient water gain from the extra exercise you are doing, but you are burning fat, especially the vital visceral fat that caused the bad readings, and if you are keeping your carbs low you are bringing your blood sugar under control. Try measurements instead, particularly around the waist as this can be a good indicator of fat reduction.

• posted by Nancynoo
    on

Thank you so much – yes keep following others posts and it really does help motivation!
    As I said….just gotta do it!!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Have you determined what your daily carb limit is? Some people stick with the recipes in the book, but the calorie and carb counts aren’t all accurate, I’m afraid, so you could be going a bit over without realizing it. A lot of people in the forum aim for no more than 50 grams a day. Since you’ve been diagnosed as having diabetes, you might want to aim lower. I’m insulin resistant so I stick with 20 grams or less a day. That can take some calculating to follow. I use My Fitness Pal to plan and log all my meals. I can easily look up the calories and carbs in any food, be it fresh or a brand name product, input how much of it I ate and the program adds it all up for me.

Welcome to the BSD, Nancynoo, and good luck!

• posted by Nancynoo
    on

Thank you – I do also use my fitness pal and my average daily carbs over last week has been 28g per day. I think I fall down with milk as find it hard not to have a coffee with milk and only treat is a cappuccino – feel if I have two coffees with cream that is too many calories…..with only 800 calories it doesn’t go far does it! Maybe I need to drop to just one x

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Milk can be a tricky one, this is true. Even if you don’t use very much, those are some sugary carbs. Have you tried alternatives like almond or soy milk?

It looks like you’ve got a good handle on things. Onwards and downwards! 🙂

• posted by Michael Rolls
    on

Cappuccino is a ‘baddie’ in my mind. Used to love it – and still drool when my wife has one! – but Nestle’s – the one we have/had has 12g of carbs, of which 9.5g are sugar in one 17g sachet. Sad but true.
    Mike

• posted by Nancynoo
    on

Yes Mike – thankfully it’s not a sweet cappuccino I have just a regular one…..I know the milk itself is the sugar problem. Today tried with just black coffee but not quite adjusting yet. However, all in all I feel I’m on track and really focused…..just gotta do it x

on

Nancynoo
    What cappuccino is that? Didn’t realise that you can one that isn’t sugar loaded – might be worth searching for, because I do miss it!
    Mike

• posted by Nancynoo
    on

Just a regular small (usually skinny) cappuccino in a coffee shop with no chocolate on. Just my morning fix 😥

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Michael, I’m guessing you are using packet or pod cappuccino and Nancynoo is talking coffee shop coffee. If you are using pods/sachets maybe you could look at the various ones available and read the labels to find lower cal/carb alternative sources.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Nestle also do an unsweetened one, but that is still 7.5g carb and 4.1g sugar. This is actually less than the 10.1g carb/sugar that Crono reckons for a cup of cappuccino made from frothed milk and espresso.

• posted by RedRooster
    on

Hi,

Everybody loses at different rates, you’ve lost the best part of 2 stone which is great, keep at it til you get where you want to be

R

• posted by Nancynoo
    on

Thank you – R – I do know but still a bit frustrating to do 6/7/8 days the same before a 2lb loss it seems. Same again this week – no change since last Friday – oh well – just gotta do it! X

• posted by Tuesday
    on

Hi I’m new to this forum and the BSD .coming to the end of my first week lost about 6 L in that short time so really pleased .had a hospital app. today I had an hour to wait and I so nearly went and had a Latte coffee I really had to talk to my self out of it and this evening I so want a biscuit but I would eat the whole packet .i have not been in the kitchen all evening,I’m talking to you all instead .
    Is this normal to still get these thoughts even though I was not hungry .will all these thoughts go the more I get into the diet.I have 2 st to lose so I could do this in 8 weeks but I worried I’m not strong enough .xL

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Tuesday
    Welcome!
    This is very normal. Don’t worry, just fight through it. It could take weeks or even months for you to feel like the cravings are gone, but don’t worry, it will happen! The longer you go, the easier it will get. If you do get cravings and are hungry at the same time, just have some water, salt or fat in that order. It really helps.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Tuesday
    on

Thanks LindaA that has really helped.and great to know I’m not alone on this journey.im finding breakfast really difficult so trying to go without till lunch time .ive made a few things from the cook book the lasagne is great. I find if I plan what I’m going to eat early in the day it’s definitely the way too go thanks once again . Tuesday x

on

Nancynoo, AnnieW, Mixmatch
    Thanks for the replies – yes we use (used in my case) sachets of Nestles – I’ll do some digging, because I think that it is the thing that I miss most of all
    Mike

• posted by Tuesday
    on

Hi micheal I like you I loved the sachets of coffee I could use a whole box per day ,so one day I decided that I’d had enough drinking all those cals ,so went cold turkey .Untill about a month ago I brought a box made a coffee thinking I’m so going to enjoy this ,but to me it tasted discussing and had to through it away
    It’s amazing how after only a few months our taste changes .Did the same with milk chocolate can only eat dark chocolate now much more civilised !
    Good luck on your journey
    Tuesday

• posted by Tuesday
    on

Hi LindaA had a better day today,no negative thoughts ,just wondering how much weight I will have lost in the morning. if every day can be as good as this then I will make it to week 8
    Thanks
    Tuesday

• posted by Tuesday
    on

Weighed this morning lost 8lb in first week .that has really spurred me on .last night I could have blown it for an egg sandwich, so glad I didn’t .Went shopping just now and got loads of nice low carb food for my next week which will (if I do it ) see me the lowest weight for 40 years .im going to take a photo of what the scales say so I can look at it when my mind wonders of to forbidden food .good luck every one
    Tuesday x

Please log in or register to post a reply.