Good news! BSD friendly Nutella!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by TofiEm
    on

Well for those who miss Nutella I have today found a pretty good alternative! Meridian cocoa and hazelnut butter – works out as 1g carb for a couple of teaspoons and 66 calories and about 5g fat. I had it on an oatcake so you would have to add that but to be honest it is yummy enough to eat on its own and can be enough to stave off a chocolate craving. Highly recommended and seemed too good not to share. The shiny oil slick that is Nutella now looks a lot less appealing!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

TofiEm – that sounds really tasty. I use a teaspoon of Meridian peanut butter as a snack but cocoa and hazelnut butter sounds even more divine. Where did you buy it from?

• posted by TofiEm
    on

I got it in Tesco but looks like it is online as well. Really tasty and kept an eye on my sugars at 30 minute intervals and the high fibre seemed to make sure it kept them pretty steady.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I will have to look out for that. I had a lovely organic cocoa and blanched almond butter jar a couple of years ago but never managed to find another source (not Meridian though). I keep thinking I should have a go at making it myself.

• posted by TofiEm
    on

I’ve actually found I have had to cut out a lot of cooking – even the BSD friendly treats, the amazing smell around the house means I really struggle to control my portions whereas something that I have bought and spent less time on seems somehow easier to resist. It’s a shame as there is nothing quite like making a cake or biscuits with children but hopefully in time I’ll be able to reintroduce a little more.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Thank you – am going to Tesco on Friday so will get some then. Am looking forward to trying it.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Thanks TofiEm, sounds like just what I need!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Yes I bought some and its truly nice with no nasty added extras in the ingredients!
    Now the challenge for the afternoon is not to eat a cheese straw from the pile a kindly colleague has left in the canteen.

Please log in or register to post a reply.