GOING IT ALONE!!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi everyone! I thought Id create a thread for those living alone and doing BSD WOE 🙂 Thought we could share the bonuses and (maybe) drawbacks to policing ourselves and staying on track when there is just us. Could also apply/be of interest to couples with one needing/choosing to change the household menu and the other not so keen or with no need! My take is . . . (Im a pensioner living alone) . . . it can be liberating to eat GREAT food and not have to share 🙂 eat when I feel like it . . . and not be restricted, and it has been a wonderful challenge to buy so much fresh . . . and not waste unnecessarily. Hence the bags of stir-fry has been a GREAT find. Four meals per bag for me . . . and divided into chinese food containers when first opened provides both portion controls, cold and hot veges . . . needing to just add the protein. As there can however be no surprises when one cooks for one-self – and with week 6-7 here for me – even though there are LOADS of options . . . some days I just feel like it is same old same old. Any other comments or discoveries BSD’ers?

• posted by Verano
    on

WoodDuckie I spent a long long time following this WOE before my OH decided to come on board, even though it is half hearted. So whilst there are two of us I still feel like I’m ‘living alone’ for the best part of the time. When he has porridge in the morning or carrots and parsnips with dinner I no longer bother telling him about the carbs. To be fair his blood sugars are maybe just into the pre-diabetes range and he isn’t overweight. So I know how difficult it can be cooking for one. My main strategy is to cook in bulk and freeze then I can always take something ‘out of the freezer’ just for me! Unfortunately I don’t have the freedom to eat as and when but quite often I also feel like the ‘same old …. ‘ , no harm in that!

Please log in or register to post a reply.