Going for it starting Monday

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JK88
    on

Hi all,
    Im brand new and starting the diet this Monday coming.
    Im 32, a Dad of One and in December going to be doubling that up. after hearing about the diet on the radio, I looked into things a bit closer.
    Im currently sitting at 110 Kg and all of my weight goes around my waist, so I know that i am a prime candidate for the issues this diet combats.

I want to get much healthier to be able to play with my kid(s) as they grow up and i get older, and also as a small treat for myself, I was bought a skydive for my 30th birthday that i haven’t been able to do as the weight limit is 100kg.

Im a massive snacker on crisps and nuts, so this is going to be a real challenge for me, but im going to follow the recipes in the book and use it to help me focus on the diet.

I play Golf and have a garden that I am clearing, so my golf scores and the progress of my Garden are going to be tied in to the diet to try to keep me motivated!!

wish me luck!!!

James

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Good luck James! You will eventually be fine without the crisps and nuts, they are my biggest weakness, but you can go for the unsalted nuts and they get surprisingly nice after a while. The recipes in the book are good although there seemed to be an awful lot of salads so we go for cooking joints of meat, and making different kinds of soup which are low calorie and awfully filling.
    Check out the recipes on this site too, there are lots of good ones.

• posted by JK88
    on

Thanks,

I think I will certainly follow the recipes for the first week, then, i will have a lot of left over stuff, as you cant buy most of the ingredients in the small portion sizes you need, so i think I will then try to use up the things i have using the recipes on here and in the book.
    that way i save myself some money aswell, as the ingredients don t come cheap.

I have one question. I did my blood test yesterday after 8 hours between eating, it read 5.6- this sits in the normal section, is it possible the result was incorrect or maybe that 8 hours without eating lowers it? I had done some work in the garden a couple of hours previously?

what do you think?

thanks

JK

• posted by JK88
    on

So,
    I’m onto day 3, not feeling too bad, have had the feeling that a headache is coming, but it hasn’t yet really hit. i feel a bit stiff and achey though.
    Been enjoying the food so far, and haven’t felt enormously hungry as yet, still fancy some crisps and a beer, but i’m managing to resist so far.

I’m not measuring myself until Sunday, and i’m hoping i will have lost a bit.

Out of interest, when people say they pee all the time. how much/often?
    I am going, but is that down to drinking 3 litres of water, or the diet itself?

thanks

JK

• posted by Natalie
    on

Re: the peeing, it’s my understanding that it is both factors. If you are drinking 2 or 3 litres of water, most of it has to come out at some point! But also carbohydrates make you retain water. I can count on losing a kg overnight any time I go from eating carbs to not. So at the start of the diet, at least, you’ll pee extra as you get rid of that retained water.

• posted by melb100
    on

Re. Peeing, the first two nights I was honestly getting up to go to the logo once every 90minutes. It was pretty tiresome. I’m still weeing more often now (day five) than before starting bsd but it seems to have calmed down at bit – at least I only had to go once during the night last night!

• posted by JK88
    on

I haven’t been going nearly as much as that.
    I go a fair bit in the day, but not once i go to bed.
    Im following the recipes exactly and drinking at least 3 litres of water a day if not more.

Why do you think that is?.

JK

• posted by Timmy
    on

Hi JK, I’d say that its probably because you’re a 32 male! I’m 39 and whilst I’d definitely peeing more, it’s not beserk. Men can definitely hold pee in longer, and it’s also easier the younger you are.

Well done on starting the diet. I’m assuming like me you’re not diabetic and just wanted to shift the lbs? I’m just doing the 5:2 part and I can honestly say that this diet is a revelation. I thought my scales were wrong at my first weigh it, but the weight has continued to shift! I’m hoping that by the time I go on holiday I’ll be the same weight I was when I first had kids at 27. I’ve literally never been in the 13st range since the birth of my twin girls 11 years ago!

• posted by JK88
    on

Hey Timmy,

ok, thats a bit of a relief. Yeah im not Diabetic, but i have all the signs of the stuff talked about, weight round the middle etc.
    Im somewhat heavier than you though, i started at around 112kg (about 17.5 stone), im aiming to get below a 100kg which would be a big deal for me.
    Im doing the full 800 diet and so far im enjoying it, the food is varied which makes it easier. will post results on sunday when i do my weekly weigh in!!

jk

• posted by Timmy
    on

Same here, I’m your classic skinnyfat man. I’m 6’4 and have long slim legs then a very “attractive” beer gut and moobs. I had an 8 pack in my mid 20s when I got married and weighed just over 13 stone. A year later we had our twins, and a year after that my weight shot up to 15 stone! Main cause being lack of sleep and quick fix carbs! I’ve flirted around 15 stone ever since. Never going below 14.5 stone and at times tipping 16 stone.

I’ve never done a diet before, and I don’t consider this to be one either. Actually correction, this is a diet in the true use of the word, and I can honestly see myself sticking to this way of eating forever.

• posted by JK88
    on

Nowt wrong with Moobs….. well….

good to hear you are having success, i definitely want to see the level of improvement i have read about.

it would be huge for me

JK

• posted by Timmy
    on

It’s definitely working for me. Let me know how you get on.

T

• posted by JK88
    on

Hi all,

Week one done.

Really happy, lost 6.5 Kg (a whole stone) and down to 105.5.
    lost an inch off my waist as well.
    Long way to go, and i know the next two weeks can be tough as the weight loss slows down a little, to get rid of other, more insidious things inside. but really happy.
    not been struggling really, sure i get hungry as i approach meal times, and i occasionally miss a beer or a slice of toast.
    I went to two parties overt he weekend, and didnt break once, just water to drink!!!

The only thing i had over the weekend that wasnt water was two bottles of slimline tonic water, to give me a break from water. zero (or very few) calories in those, so very proud of myself.

Will be able to book my sky dive soon!!!!

JK

• posted by Timmy
    on

excellent job, well done. I wish I had been as abstemious as you! I did parttake in a few beverages I must say, although I stuck to the eating part like glue.

• posted by JK88
    on

So almost at the 2 week mark,

finding this whole thing suprisingly ok, not feeling too ravenous, and staying away from sweet things.

Had a quick look on the scales and im down to 103kg, so i have lost a stone and a half in 12 days!!

probably want to lose another 10-13 kg to be down to around 90, and then i will be really happy.

finding it so enjoyable that im not even needing to keep writing in my diary

JK

• posted by JK88
    on

Two weeks down,

feeling good.

Did my measurements last night;
    101.5Kg (down from 112Kg)
    45.5 waist (down from 48in – around the belly button)

so happy with these results.
    I dont measure it but around my hips has shrunk as well, my golfing trousers, previously tight, are sliding off me, and i have had to start wearing a belt again!!!!

As mentioned in other threads, I have had a load of unused leftover veg, so made a massive veg soup last night, going to eat that for lunch this week, although i cant calorie count, i dont imagine it will be highly calorific as there is nothing but veg and stock in there. Later int he week I am going to make a weeks worth of the Spanish Chickpea and Chorizo Soup, that way im not spending a fortune on food, and still sticking to the diet.

Basiclly going to have Bircher or Scrambled eggs for breakfast, soup for lunch, and then Veg curry or Frittata for tea. that will use everyhtingi have left, ready for me to start the cycle again.

with the exception of my back hurting (which may be a symptom of the change in my core muscles) I feel absolutely great, Im sleeping really well, i dont get poor circulation in my hands!!!!

excited for the next 6 weeks

JK

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Great results JK88. Also a good plan to use your food. Best wishes.

• posted by JK88
    on

Well into week 3 now, and doing great, im down to 101kg, and my waist has gotten smaller for def.

A couple of things, As i said, buying food to follow the plan is simply too expensive, so i have been adapting the plan, basically I pick a recipe that has multiple servings and make it, and then eat it over the course of a couple of days. i make sure that i stay below 800.

I have also, as stated above made a massive veg soup, and am using that for lunch this week (next week is the amazing chickpea and chorizo soup), so whilst i dont know how many calories that contains, im pretty sure its less than 200 per serving (if the chorizo soup is 210 for about half a litre of soup, then this one surely must be less). but even so, its not going to be grossly over, which means that im still way below.

Once this week is done, I will have another look at the menu plan, and pick a few simple dishes to last the week, and hey presto, diet done easy!!!

Im actually enjoying it, and i have already planned a few dishes that i have enjoyed for once i finish the 8 weeks.

thanks

JK

• posted by JK88
    on

3 weeks down and still going strong.
    Went to a family BBQ at the weekend, resisted everything and had two pints of water.
    down to 100kg now a loss of 12kg and have lost another inch around my belly button, down to 44 inches.

This week has been scrambled eggs for breakfast (2), chorizo and chickpea soup and skinny chilli for tea.
    i think roughly 810 calories a day.

i know it seem boring to eat the same thing, but the results are keeping me so focused that i dont care.
    Also, the skinny Chilli is a novel way of cooking chill, but is really nice!!!

thanks

JK

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Keep plugging away there JK, sounds like you have this thing cracked.

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

Amazing weight loss. Keep at it!

Please log in or register to post a reply.