Goals for 2019…. what are yours?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Well tonight I have been cooking and put on an apron. In 2019 I want to be able to do the same as chefs do, wrap the ties around my back AND tie the knot in the front! Maybe need to lose 6 inches from my waist to do that with comfort!
    How about you?

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Verano – what a great thread.
    That is a great goal you have. I’ll be adopting that one, and also the wrap around the body bath sheet moment mentioned on another post (KazzUK ?), but first and foremost my goal is to buy and wear a beautiful pair of shoes; a pair I’ll love wearing rather than just a pair that fit and ‘do’.

• posted by JGwen
    on

I agree, a great idea for a thread. – My goal is to be able to buy a pair of chainsaw trousers. All this type of protective gear is only made for male shapes, and I need to get rid of the jelly belly at hip level to be able to not feel completely embarrassed by going shopping for a pair.

• posted by Nelliecat
    on

This is a brilliant thread!
    I have several items of clothing that I haven’t been able to wear for at least a decade. I want them to fit me again. And I want to donate the clothes that are hopefully too big to a homeless shelter.

• posted by GangreneHeart
    on

For me, I’d like to wear a vintage style pencil dress… So in 2019 I’d like to focus not only on losing weight, but also toning my body to pull off the snug fit in style.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh V., even though you’ve had some low moments this year, you still manage to be a source of inspiration
    to us all, with your generousity of heart. You always have your hand on the pulse of these forums,
    and you are the “Queen Mum” to us all. Wherever you go, I follow. We’ve been around the calendar
    together, and I’m very much looking forward to 2019 when we will do the same, one day or one week
    at a time, and I know so many other members of “the family” will be with us too. Others that we have
    yet to meet will be doing the same. I don’t know how you always arrive at such timely ideas for the
    threads that you start, but you clearly have a gift for it, which we all recognize 🙂 Thank you so much!

Allie

• posted by KitArgyll27
    on

Fantastic thread! Although weight loss per se isn’t the motivating factor for me, there’s no doubt it would be a bonus. I used to have a whole wardrobe of things that i was hoping to get back into one day but when we had to downsize I couldn’t justify keeping it all so a whole host of (what I thought were lovely) clothes were sent to the charity shops. I kept back a dress from Monsoon with a vintage beaded cardigan that went with it and a beautifully soft leather jacket. If I can ever wear either of those again I’d be over the moon.

My main goal is to get off the meds I’m on, avoid any new ones and be able to walk all the way up the hill behind our house without being in danger of death before I get half way!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Great thread, V. I’ve had a pair of biker/cowboy boots £150 in my basket online for about a year! I promised myself I’d buy them once I’m at target and my calves are slimmer!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Verano
    on

What great goals! The number on a machine probably isn’t the best motivator for some of us. Sometimes something more tangible like, shoes, favourite clothes and even chain saw trousers😀, give us that extra ‘umph’ to keep on keeping on…….
    Allie, you’re right we have been round the calendar together, with some others too. We will carry on all together as we open a new calendar with new goals and hopefully new resolve to reach them.
    We can make 2019 as good as it can be if we work as hard as we can to reach our goals!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Absolutely, V.! In addition to the “regulars”, we’ve made so many new friends this year 🙂 and they all
    enrich my life. I realize that I haven’t declared my objectives for the new year, just enjoying the crowd
    that plans to “carry on” with us into 2019. I will continue to hold the line in maintenance, not stray from
    what I’ve been doing for the past 16 months. Wine creep is my weakness, so I will weigh regularly, and
    if this bad habit begins to make its presence known on weekly weigh ins, I will try to address it at once.
    I want my wriggle room back, and I don’t want to ever see myself in something other than a size small
    ever again. Must not ever get complacent..I know how that turns out! Visiting with old friends and
    new each day is the path forward for me. We’re going to have lots of company, too. Hooray!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning folks!

Goals for 2019

Daily BSD related
    Less alcohol
    Lower blood pressure
    Lower cholesteral
    20 pounds off
    10,000 steps average
    Consistent strength training
    Intermittant fasting
    Low carb
    Low calorie

Catherin

• posted by Verano
    on

Well Violinist that is a list and a half! When we start the ‘one week at a time’ thread you have at least the first eight weeks goals up front! Not sure if you ever tried ‘one week at a time’ but lots of us find them really useful.
    Allie I bet ‘wine creep’ is so easy when you’ve reached maintenance, or in my case, even before goal!
    Not wishing time away, but we all have festivities, of one degree or another, ahead of us, and we all need to enjoy. Some of us may ‘enjoy’ with more or less restraint than others, but as long as you are happy with your choices with no regrets that’s success. Mindful eating is the secret …. even if that mindful eating is a huge portion of Christmas pudding! Mindful eating is done with thought and choice, no regrets, so we enjoy and move on, or choose not to indulge. Either way we all need to make our own choices …. tomorrow is another day!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Very sensible, Verano . I am learning so much from you . I will definitely be carrying on with you all throughout 2019.

My goals ….maybe to try on a pair of jeans ?? Haven’t worn jeans since….I can’t even remember !
    I would quite like to wear a sleeveless summer dress without feeling I ought to cover up my flabby arms !
    I am going to do my best to be healthy
    in 2019 I am going to be FA……..BU …..LOUS !!!!!!!
    🙂 🙂

• posted by Verano
    on

Ah yes jeans! I also can’t remember when I last wore them. In fact this time last year I bought some lovely tailored trousers. They were a smidgeon tight, but now they are definitely really too tight!
    Another goal for my list …. to wear my ‘new’ trousers, two prairs, which are yet to be worn!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, you’ve done it again! Another fabulous thread idea kicked off, with a great crop of goals being posted already. It’s got me thinking about what to put in place for my personal goal/s and couldn’t think of anything non-weight related, so I think I have to align myself with Allie’s goals. I’ll continue to maintain and try my best not to stray; and I too want my wriggle room back, so I’ll be on that early in the New Year as I very much want some wriggle room ready for our next Turkey trip in April.

I’d like to think that I could increase my activity and get serious about some exercise, but I’m pretty certain that this is unlikely to happen. Very conscious I should be focusing in this area, but also know myself well enough to realise I’m unlikely to stick to any exercise regime I might promise to try putting in place.

Whatever goal you are aiming to achieve in 2019, I hope it will soon be attained. Best wishes to one and all for every success.

• posted by Verano
    on

SunnyB I guess all the goals are weight related indirectly but I have a new one to add now that isn’t.
    I have taken my first positive step towards a healthier New Year. I have been promising myself a subscription to Headspace but have been waiting for a reduced price. The offer dropped into my inbox this morning so I’m on my way to a ‘mindful’ 2019!
    We so often just concentrate on treating others to gifts but forget ourselves and our own wellbeing ….. be kind to yourself as well!

• posted by Sall75
    on

Hi everyone!
    I love setting goals and I think I love new year goals the best!
    In 2019 I will be starting the blood sugar diet
    (I have ordered the book, I will get it just after Christmas) I am doing it because I am pre diabetic and I feel like crap every day. I don’t want to feel like this anymore so I need to take action. Also Christmas last year I was 9kg lighter
    My goals for 2019 are:
    -Follow blood sugar diet for the 8 weeks then transition to 5:2
    – have more energy and stable moods
    -get blood sugar back in check
    – lose 5-8kg
    -eat healthier and a more balanced diet
    – more body confidence and happiness

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Jeans! I have a pair of size 12 (UK) Levi jeans from 38 years ago in my wardrobe, straight leg. They don’t come up past my knees. I can’t part with them as they are a reminder of how it used to be when I was young (18) and the plan is to fit into them again! Probably never wear them outside of the house, but to get them on would be marvelous! 🙂

• posted by Verano
    on

Sall75 welcome to a new way of life! Enjoy the journey and ask away if you have any questions.
    Kazz maybe we should start a ‘jeans’ club!

• posted by caronl
    on

Welcome Sall75. You will find this a very friendly and supportive web-site with lots of people with experience of what works and – just as important – a good sense of humour! There is normally a weekly thread and a monthly thread which bring together starters and more experienced members, so do look out for them in January. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the background reading.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning and happy silly season! I’m just starting my last day of entertaining with just eight for lunch.
    Well I’ve tried to be as mindful as I could the last few days and I think I’ve done pretty well. I did have two tablespoons of Xmas pudding but boy did I enjoy it! Similarly a small slice of open apple tart with some cream. I have also had a few crackers with liver pate but other than lots of festive fizz I’ve really eaten quite well. My biggest challenge today will be a cheese board but I will enjoy!
    Anyway, I have now arrived at my overall first goal for 2019 and that’s really going back to basics with wanting to lose 10% of my weight on January 1st. I’m going to hang my motivating trousers of the future on the wardrobe door to remind me every morning of what I need to do.
    Hope everyone is enjoying this festive season but starting to plan for 2019. You know the old saying ….” failing to plan is planning to fail” … happy planning!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Morning V. Sounds like you have done really well, combining all that entertaining with your mindful choices . I too have enjoyed the occasional mince pie and piece of Christmas cake and all is well !

We don’t have any more festive occasions right now so I think I will try and sort out all the recipe ideas I have accumulated . Green soup is on the menu also today.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone back on the threads (regulars and newbies )

I have missed you ! I truly believe that 2019 will be a great one for us all.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Wendy we just have one more ‘festive occasion’ tomorrow but I find when I’m out it’s much easier to stay BSD friendly. I am also looking forward to seeing everyone back on the boards and I’m definitely ready to throw myself right back into weighing and recording everything I eat!
    Roll on Tuesday!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

My New Years resolution has been the same for decades now and that is to lose weight! I did succeed in 2017 but 2018 turned out to be more of a maintenance year, with a gain of a few kilos at the end.
    So my goal for 2019 is once again to lose weight (20kg would be great!), but also to put a plan in place for the weight to stay off, I’m so sick of yo-yoing up and down. I know that BSD works, I just need to be more disciplined. I also need to focus on my health. I have some chronic health conditions (not diabetes though) and am not getting any younger. Although retirement is still another decade away at least, I’d like to be able to retire fit and healthy so that I can enjoy it!
    Getting a bit ahead of myself there! Rather than focus on a number on the scales, my goal for 2019 is to fit into size 14-16 clothes once again, and to end the year as fit and healthy as I can be.

• posted by Tender
    on

Hello, I’m new to this site! My goals for 2019 are:

To lose weight (1.5 to 2 stone) and feel healthy again
    To fit back into all my old clothes as I refuse to buy a bigger size!
    To become a conscious eater and eat more slowly

I’ve mentally committed to doing it and it really helps to have support and motivation from others who are going through it too!
    Better buy the book and plan my meals!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Verano, Caron, SueBlue, Wendy , Violinist, Sall, Allie, Sunny, Kit, GHeart, Nellie, JGwen and welcome to Tender!
    I shall dig out my size 12 jeans and also hang them on the wardrobe door!
    I just have a New Year’s eve buffet lunch to get through other than than, normality resumed yesterday for me thankfully. 🙂
    I’m also looking forward to not feeling yuck come Jan 1st! 🙂
    Kazzeexx

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Kazzee, fellow travellers and welcome to Tender. My goals for 2019:
    1) to maintain my healthy weight and fit comfortably in my size 14 jeans. (Still can’t believe I am saying size 14!).
    2) to move and exercise more – probably my 10 min a day exercise programme at least 4 times a week. (need to be realistic!)
    3) to try two new recipes a month. Need to get out of my rut!

I hope you are all enjoying the last days of 2018, and very best wishes for 2019.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Now I’ve got my weight down to a healthy level, I want to keep it there.

• posted by Verano
    on

Welcome Tender and best of luck on your journey.
    Lots of great goals for 2019, all of which are achievable …. we just need to keep our eyes on the prize and we will be successful!

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone. My. Goals are the same.to lose weight and keep it off..I really want to get a good positive attitude to loving my body and only eating healthy..10 kg off would be lovely.Im sure that I can do it . especially with all the help on these forums. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

• posted by Halicarnassus
    on

M51-184cm/6ft
    I stood on the scales this morning…108.6kg or 240lbs or 17st 2lbs
    Going to try the 800 calories per day diet.
    Target by end of year is 75kg or 165lbs or 11st 11lbs.
    Have to lose 33.4kgs or 75lbs or 5st 5lbs.

• posted by Gabby72
    on

I’m new but this was so inspiring reading everyone’s goals. I have a few both weight and non-weight related.
    Sooooo many things I want to fit into in my wardrobe but I think jeans and a tank-top are on the top of my list.
    My husband and I will be celebrating our 10-year wedding anniversary in November this year and are talking about having a big celebration – we eloped 10 years ago. I would like to have a spectacular slim-line gown to wear on the day and some fab high-heel shoes (can’t wear them now as too heavy).
    My non-weight goal is to be able to run 5kms again by the middle of the year. I don’t care about the time it takes but just want to do it without stopping and without feeling like I’m going to have a heart attack.

Good luck everyone!

Please log in or register to post a reply.