Giving Blood on BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by 8WeeksOf800
    on

Quick question
    Anyone out there a blood donor? I am a regular blood donor and wondered if I shouldnt do it this quarter as I am on this BSD diet.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Should be okay, just dont eat the biscuits they give you. Seriously, I would depend on whether you are prone to very low blood sugar and / or fainting. Your only concern will be you are having less food and, once you are used to that in a couple of weeks everything is as normal.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I would ask the clinic/donation service what they think. And if say you are eating two meals a day (ie missing out breakfast), then I would have thought it might be unadvisable to go if you haven’t eaten for some time (ie go to a morning session if you last ate at suppertime the day before). Also just to say that it is wonderful that you are a regular donor! A very selfless act. Which more should consider (incl me…)

Please log in or register to post a reply.