Gina's blog

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Gina2555
    on

So here I am four days in to the BSD and I have a new hero – Dr Mosely. I suspect things won’t always be this easy. My BGLs is now lower than when I was diagnosed in August last year. I went for a walk today, first time in months. I’ve lost 3kg and I’m not hungry AND my husband is on board and loves the food. I’ve started the Headspace meditation and I’m feeling more positive and hopeful than I have in months. I now have faith that I can reverse my diabetes. Side effects are that I’m going to look fabulous at my sons wedding in September and I’ll get rid of all the meds I’m on.

• posted by Not_thirsty
    on

Wow good start Gina – and to have hubby on board is a real bonus. Does he need to lose weight as well? My hubby has been a Type 2 for many years and does nothing about it but pop pills! He is not interested in even stopping all the Coke he drinks!

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Good on you Gina – I’m encouraged by your good start. Only a few days behind you – on day two!

Weddings definitely a good one – not a family member but I am going to a friend’s wedding in September and want to be healthy and fabulous for it too!

• posted by Gina2555
    on

Thanks for the positives, I have had a problem with bad leg cramps, but some extra magnesium and plenty of water seems to have sorted it. Do it in spite of everyone else, you’re worth it!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Gina
    My legs were aching really badly from about days 2-6, I didn’t take anything, then by day 7, no more pain. I’m starting week 5 tomorrow and not a problem since that first week. A lot of people have posted that they had issues in the first week and only suffered reoccurrences if they had a heaps of bad carbs. This is the best thing I’ve ever done and I intend to follow it for a healthy life forever.

• posted by Gina2555
    on

Day 4 update.
    The cramps have eased, but so has the weight loss, but amazingly I’m not discouraged like I would have been previously. Generally finding it relatively easy. I think it has really helped me that I have been busy at work and therefore haven’t had time to boredom eat. Hubby is doing a spectacular job.

• posted by Gina2555
    on

Day 7. Have felt very blah the last 2 days, but I’m not giving up. Sitting on 3kg down. Bad knees have been playing up, but this is just one of the reasons I’m doing this. No surgery until BMI is well under 35.

• posted by Gina2555
    on

Week 2. Went to the Dr today, HbA1C down to 5.6, lost 4kgs, he’s stoked and so am I. Metformin reduced by half. Told my husband that by the end of 8 weeks I’ll need a new wardrobe !

• posted by Gina2555
    on

End of week 2 update.
    Had my first really hungry day on Thursday … But still didn’t weaken. Hubby is doing exceptionally well, thinnest he’s been since I’ve known him. It’s soooo supportive him doing it too.
    Keeping track on MyFitnessPal has helped and I’ve also been doing the headspace meditations. Have completely forgotten to test my BGLs ….but am not worried.
    Looking forwards to week 3!

• posted by Gina2555
    on

Week 3. Shit has got real. I’m really tired and struggling with lack of energy. Blood sugars are up. Weight still the same, but I have lost 1.5cm from my waist. I hope it’s just me adjusting to the lower dose of metformin. Still doing my best to stay around the 800 cals. Anyone else had this sort of slump?

• posted by Lellieteapot
    on

Hi Gina2555,
    I think it could be a week three thing,I am half way through week 4, I felt amazing for the first two weeks, then halfway through week three I was totally floored. I decided to do a few days on 1000 cals as in the 5:2 diet and have managed to regroup. Don’t let it get you down. I am not on any meds so am not sure if that could be a factor.
    Hope this will be of some help.
    Lellieteapot

• posted by Gina2555
    on

Thanks Lillieteapot (love that name), I have since realised I was sick and I have a urinary tract infection. Bless that awesome husband of mine, he looked up things that can affect your BGLs ! Am now on antibiotics but not making a lot of progress, but don’t worry, I’m not giving up! Gina

• posted by Lellieteapot
    on

Good on you Gina2555, get well soon. Take it one day at a time, weeks go past in a blink, you will soon be looking and feeling even more fab and fit to go go go! Glad you like my handle it was the name I gave myself when I was a
    littl’n, well actually I really thought it was my name, always was a bit confused! Take care now.Lellieteapot

• posted by Gina2555
    on

Week 4. Unbelievable, I never thought I could stick to a diet like this and definitely didn’t believe my husband would stick to it, but here we are, 4 weeks in and feeling good. I’m over my third week hiccup and tackling it with renewed vigour. Thanks for the positive support everyone.

• posted by Gina2555
    on

Heading in to week 5… Still feeling great, no where near as tired, 5kg down and blood sugars much better behaved. At this stage I’m planning to do this for as long as I can to try and get myself closer to my goal weight. Hope you are all doing as well. Dr Mosely you are a life saver, thank you!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

That really is great to read Gina. Best wishes for your continuing success.

• posted by Gina2555
    on

Heading in to week 6…where has that time gone! I’m now 7 kg down, never thought it would happen that quick or easy. Thanks Dr Mosely.

• posted by Gina2555
    on

End of week 6 and my 61st birthday. I’m now 9 kg lighter and healthier than I was 6 weeks ago. Thank you Dr Mosley 💝

• posted by Gina2555
    on

End of week 8 and very pleased with how it’s gone. Two pauses for health and surgery on my knee but have still kept going. Just signed up for the 12 week online program.

Please log in or register to post a reply.