Getting blood sugars down

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Wendymay54
    on

Hi my husband has been type 2 for about 6 years , the day we started the BSD his readings were 18 and was taking 2 metformin 1000 a day 80 mg 2x twice a day gliclazide , 8 mg perindopril and 5 mg amlodipine a day , , we are now half way through week three and he’s taken no medication since the begining of week 2 , weight loss 14 lb , blood pressure every day is normal , blood sugars 8 to 8.5 , we also have the support of our doctor and diabetic nurse , who’ve asked me to keep a diary to show other patients which is very incorageing . What my husband is concerned about is that his blood sugars seem to be stuck at 8 how long does it normally take for them to start decreasing ?

• posted by General Dogsbody
    on

Am on week 6 of 8 and my blood sugar only just starting to come down, for me what worked was ditching bread,potato, pasta and rice! Never thought I would be able to do this but I have! Good luck to you I am sure with all your support you will succeed!

• posted by IzzyD
    on

After 2 weeks on bsd I was able to cut down medication to 1 x metformin per day and halve blood pressure meds. Blood glucose , before breakfast, is now 6. My bloodpressure isnow 111/66,but Ive lost only 2 lbs.j. It would be verydiscouraging but my clothes are looser and I appear slimmer. I am going to hang in there because I feel so good, I hope you do too.

• posted by Wendymay54
    on

The weight loss is amazing , I’m not T2 but Andy is ,,I am overweight though , you definitely feel your clothes looser after the first week . I wanted to do the diet with him for support and I’m so pleased I am . It can be quite time consuming working out what to eat each meal and keep to 800 calories a day , which so far we have and I’m getting a few meals in the freezer as well for back up . I think the challenge keeps you motivated , I’m hoping his sugars will start to come down a bit more over the next few weeks

Please log in or register to post a reply.