Geography

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi guys I this is ok and I am sure you have probably answered this before but could I ask where everyone is in the world please. I am not asking for specific just the country. I am South East England. 💞🦜

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I’m SW UK Birdy and I know we have posters from France, Australia, NZ and USA and of course, some folks hale from one place but currently live i n a different country at the moment. I’m sure some others will drop by to let you know where they are too.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you sunnyb I used to to be S W England in Swindon🤣🤣

• posted by alliecat
    on

This is a fun idea, Birdy! It’s difficult enough not being able to see each other, so geography gives us one more piece
    of information 🙂 I’m also finding skyping with other BSDers tremendously rewarding! I’m quite at home in many
    lounges in France, Australia, England and Wales! You can pinpoint Esnecca and I as New Englanders, and we both reside in
    the state of Connecticut, on the east coast of the USA. Others will reveal themselves too, I’m sure. I’m loving your spirit,
    Birdy 🙂 In no time at all you’ve made yourself a real and positve presence in the community!

Allie

• posted by Birdy76
    on

That is great Allie and thank you I am a social butterfly 🦋 and love to talk🤣. I think our community is great and so so helpful and supportive. 💞🦜

• posted by wendleg
    on

Birdy I am a Brit from the Midlands originally but have been living in SW France for OMG nearly 29 years ! I see myself as Frenglish 😉

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Love that Wendy made me 🤣🤣

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Hi Birdy, I’m a Brit from the midlands too and now living in Provence, France .

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Birdy, i’m a Brit from Leeds, lived in London, Australia, Scotland then back to Yorkshire before moving to Dordogne, SW France in 2005. Very happy here but miss big stores like M&S and Debenhams.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Wow guys this is awesome thank you. So good to have in your head where people are. 💞🦜

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

What an interesting and informative thread Birdy………I’m in Scotland, on the outskirts of Glasgow. Lived in Scotland all my life. Not sure if there are currently any other Scots on the forum?

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you scottishgal it is fab to to know who we are talking to without being to intrusive 💞🦜

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

I live in South Eastern region, UK, but I am Irish. I have been living in UK since 1987, and love it here.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Ah you are my neck of the woods Patricia1066, thank you 💞🦜

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Nice to know you too, birdy76

• posted by On a mission
    on

What a great idea.
    Like Wendleg and Skipping I’m originally from the Midlands but moved to North Yorkshire about 13 years ago. It’s a very small world.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi On a mission. My daughter lives in Birmingham area, Kings Norton, now Solihull. I used to live in Northallerton. Never know if our paths have crossed.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I am really glad this has taken off. Our incredible Americans, expats , NZ’s and many other places are incredible and invaluable and we are now able to understand time zones when we are waiting for all your nuggets, wisdom and support. Thanks guys for going along with this. 💞🦜

• posted by On a mission
    on

Sunshine girl,
    How exciting, we are opposites. I was based in Staffordshire and now live just outside Harrogate. My sons ex- girlfriend lives not from from Northallerton so know it well.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Great idea, Birdy! I’m really enjoying this geography thread 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Do live anywhere near Yale Allie?

• posted by On a mission
    on

This is getting slightly weird now. skipping we were neighbours, we lived in Stone.

• posted by Bobbs
    on

Hi, I’m brand new and getting myself sorted to start the 8 week duet along with DH. I’ve another Scot and I live just outside Glasgow. My DH is an Eastie Beastie (Jk) from Dundee.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Yes, Birdy. About 30-45 min. from Yale. It’s on the coast, in a city known as New Haven.
    Both my sister and my brother-in-law earned Masters degrees in Business Administration from there, and their son graduated from there 3 years ago with an undergraduate degree in “Dead Languages”, Greek, Latin, etc. Do you know of it?

• posted by Birdy76
    on

No but the big universities of America have always interested me. I have only ever been to Florida unfortunately. My dream is to drive a big camper back from the sunny side back down to Boston. A friend of mine did it and it works out not too expensive as it saves the hire company flying someone down to collect it. Win win. So many places I would love to visit in your country. 💞🦜

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Welcome to the forum bobbs…….So good to finally have another member in Scotland lol.
    This forum is a great place for support and encouragement and of course a bit of humour to ease things. There are lots of knowledgeable and experienced people on here offering lots of advice anytime. I personally couldn’t have stuck to the BSD without everyone on here……the forum is my new addiction lol.
    Good luck with BSD.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi Birdy – I’m a New Zealander but I live in Los Angeles. Have been in the US for 16 years although part of it was in Portland, Oregon. Actually I was originally born in Hawaii as my Dad was American and my mum a kiwi but we moved back when I was very young. I lived in the UK in my 20’s in both Leeds and London, then sunset for a few years so I’ve moved around a bit!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi birdy, I was born and raised in south east England but have lived in Australia since the early ‘80s 🙂

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi All,
    I’m California born and bred, living in the Bay Area (Silicon Valley/San Francisco) and Lake Tahoe.
    We’ve just moved to Bristol for a job — actually, our house is in Bath, but the job is in Bristol!
    Funniest thing, my relocation expert who drove me all over Bristol house hunting turned out to be a BSD follower!!! So we had no problem finding mutually acceptable lunch spots!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Wow Kafin you have moved around a lot how exciting! Thank you for sharing with us. I am a real people person(nosey🤣) and love getting to know knew people. This little thread has been really good so far.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning californiagirl I love Bristol and I used to live not a million miles from it in Swindon, Wiltshire. It is an amazing place with lots of hidden treasures. My Best friend who is my sons godmother lived there for ages and we loved visiting her and her family there. Bath is a great place too and used to work at the Hilton National there many many years ago in my twenties. Have you seen the crescent yet? I loved it as a child, like someone mentioned before the Roman Baths are good and their tea rooms. Enjoy living in Blighty my lovely.💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Ooh which part of the south east? I am in West Sussex now and I Love it here. Thank you for sharing SueBlue 💞🦜

• posted by SueBlue
    on

I was born in Ramsgate, Kent birdy, we lived near Margate.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I lived about 12 miles from there near Sandwich, but that was 2000 until 2016. Small world ❤️ Kent the Garden of England. My parents still live there and I am taking my son there this weekend as he wants to spend some of his Easter hols with his Nanny, god he will be spoilt🤣🤣❤️. I will miss him but it will give me a chance to really get into my fasting.

• posted by JGwen
    on

I grew up in Derby, moved to the Somerset/Dorset border in my 20’s but my career from my late 20’s onwards meant that I was based on clients sites for 12 to 18 month long contracts. With clients across the midlands and Southern half of England. – When I dropped out of the rat race, I retreated to a small farm in South West Wales where I earn my living from having had the barn on the property converted into a large holiday let. –

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Wow JGwen that sounds awesome, I love wales and walked up sugarloaf when I was 5months pregnant with my son. So many beautiful waterfalls there too. We stayed at don org caves(sorry that is probably spelt wrong) in the black mountains. I was also naughty and climbed a few of the waterfalls whilst pregnant too🤣🤣💞🦜

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Thanks for the further info Birdy! I am looking forward to getting to know the area — I really enjoyed my week there last week with the relocation guy — he drove us ALL OVER Bristol and Bath, so I got a good mental overview of the area. It is truly beautiful and so so green!! The crescent in Bath is just amazing.
    I came back home to get my two dogs, but we will all be back and settled in about three weeks. I left OH there because he started work already — luckily he is in a corporate apartment right next to the office until I get back.
    So right now I am eight hour time zone difference again — so struggling with jet lag, which is why I am posting at 5:30 in the morning!!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Ah bless you hun, but once you are in Blighty and settled your jet lag will be a distant memory. Welcome to God’s green country, we welcome you with open arms. Great shopping in Bristol and bath too🤣🤣💞🦜

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

A little late to the party: I am also posting from Yorkshire. Over the decades I have lived in Leeds, Bradford and York (as well as long stints ‘Darn Sarf’).

• posted by gokiniruth
    on

I love this idea, really great to read where everyone is from. I’m based near Manchester, UK

Please log in or register to post a reply.