Gearing up for April/May

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hi Desperate! You are doing really well๐Ÿ˜Š
    In answer to your question about post 8 weeks, I am still low carb having started mid December and feel great and look better and cannot see myself going back to the old way of eating. Losing weight slower now as I am eating more but am 12 kilos down and continuing.
    The recipe for the gram flour flat breads is on the recipe section.
    Keep up the good work!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Desperate, Depending on how rural you are, IF the town where you do your shopping has an IGA supermarket you could ask them to buy in coconut flour and gram flour. IGA has a great reputation for getting all sorts of foods in that are ‘rare’. However, if you are so isolated that you rely on planes for food delivery I’m out of ideas.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Desperate,
    Great to hear you are doing so well, losing weight and happy with the food choices.
    The gram flour recipe is on this website, along with a coconut flour one that Bill uses as a dessert. He spreads it with cream cheese and tops with strawberries. Gram flour can be found in Australia as Besan or chick pea flour, if you have an IGA nearby they usually stock it. Coles have coconut flour in the gluten free section, haven’t noticed if they have besan.
    I’ve just discovered that Pecans are really low carb, 1.5g carb per 30g. I buy the pecan pieces from the supermarket baking aisle, the smaller pieces feel like you are eating more and they are cheaper.
    Check out the over the 8 week line thread and you’ll see that we all agree that this is the way we will eat for the rest of our lives. It’s no hardship and feeling so well is just fantastic ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Janet1973
    on

I love pecans, thanks cherrianne.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Desperate, I don’t know how or why I keep typing dirt for diet! I’ve usually spotted and corrected the typo – not this time lol ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Freudian slip Judith? ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Desperate
    on

What a team, thanks for all the ideas about where to source gram flour, now I know its chick pea or besan flour I know where I can get it . I love curry so some flat bread will be a welcome change. AND will definitely check out the recipes on the site….must admit I like simple best. Hashimoto’s egg, bacon and tomato is my style. I loved the scrambles egg with smoked salmon. I made it into an omelette and it was delicate and delicious and so easy.

Had a set back this morning on the scales, had put on .5 of a kilo, think I may have added too many sesame seeds to my salmon steak but even then was under 800 cals for the day. Am sure it will be off soon.

Hashimoto I think its dirt for ever now….

Cherrianne…I think I must be an app dud, tried the app that was recommended in MM’s book and found trying to work out calorie intake really slow and tedious. Only OK if you were eating brand name foods. I am just googling what cals in each food I am eating and keeping a diary. Slow but works of me.

Hashimoto I missed your message about having the H metabolic condition. How fantastic that it has helped you, I will let my friend know. Hard work persuading a depressed 20 year old to do anything but she is a wonderful Mum and I know she will support him if he decides to give it a try.

How good to know that there is support post the 8 week mark; that bit worries me more than the 8 weeks. I know I can stick on it for 8 weeks but rest of my life is more challenging, especially when a yummy dessert is served up.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Desperate,
    Have you tried the ‘Australian Easy Diet Diary’? It’s for iPhones and iPads and really easy to use and it’s a free app. If you download it I can talk you through how to use it, but it’s fairly simple and you’ll probably work it out yourself.
    I doubt your sesame seeds are to blame for the .5 gain. It’s probably the most common post for people in week two. So many have a little gain of one or two pounds( 1/2 – 1kg) or don’t lose weight at all. No idea why this happens but it soon resolves for most people.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Desperate I am trying to pluck up the courage to get a smart phone so you are streets ahead of this techo dunce! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

It’s strange cherrieanne considering how much i like this dirt!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Desperate
    on

Will definitely try the Australian Easy Diet Diary, sounds good Cherrianne. And how good to hear that others put on a bit in Week 2. I was so buoyed up by the first week, and was expecting to get under 70 klgs this week ( am 70.5 today) now I won’t despair too much or even worse eat some of the Bread and Butter Pudding made with Panettone that I am serving to my husband and dinner guests to-night. Cutting up the Panettone was testing, the smell was sooooo good.

Hashimoto like someone said about the dirt….just do it. Same goes for the Smart Phone you will love it. Once you have one you won’t look back.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I know desperate, I. Want one for visiting Australia and keeping in touch! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Desperate
    on

Hi all,

Arrggg have not lost a gram for four days. Am not cheating and exercising lots. It’s Week 3 now anyone have any ideas? On the plus side an feeling very energetic and well and think I am losing my taste for alcohol. Thought I would try a wee dram of single malt as its carb free last night and ended up giving to my husband. My lime and soda was far more enjoyable.

Hashimoto have you bought that smart phone yet? Apart from using when you come to Oz you will find it invaluable at home too. Where is home? Would love to hear. I love that we are a worldwide network .

Am off now have a HUGE days gardening planned. Am on acres and there is always lots to do. The autumn weather in our neck of the woods here in New South Wales is truly gorgeous.

Please log in or register to post a reply.