Gallstones worry

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Speedy
    on

I know I have many galls stones which are mostly quiet and cause me no problems – and I’d like to keep it that way if I can! I think weight loss is linked to gallstone problems and I wonder if there is any advice about following the BSD without disturbing gall stones? I’m assuming the good amounts of fat in the diet will keep my gall bladder functioning around the stones?
    But I’m confused about the association with weightloss and the usual advice to stay away from too much fat to avoid gall bladder attacks. Thanks.

• posted by Floraellen
    on

I am concerned about this too. I am just going to be sensible and use moderately. The book is very specific and only uses very small amounts. It is so good being able to use dairy products and olive oil instead of them being banned never to use again. Will see how it goes.

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

I too have many gallstones that I cannot get removed on NHS. I have lost 10 kg so far in 6 weeks and have had no flare-ups. We are all different though. I never thought I had a high fat diet to cause them but one parent and sister had them too. I cannot see how being on BSD would be bad for anything much and Prof Taylor alluded to that. Food shortage is not uncommon in many parts of the world and in our history. If the gall bladder is full of stones it may have ceased to function anyway. Monitor yourself and do not worry unduly. Mine were diagnosed in 2006 and I have had no advice on what not to eat from either my GP or 2 consultants. Good luck keep us posted as you must have finished your 8 weeks BSD by now.

Please log in or register to post a reply.