Fussy eater so everyone tells me………..

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Richard123
    on

Struggling to find any interesting recipes on here.
    Eat fish only, dont like peppers spouts cabbage or chinese food.
    Love fish mushrooms Quorn peas runner beans.
    Anyone know of a recipe that will fill me up so i dont pick 30 minutes later ?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Richard – Sorry the recipes posted aren’t inspiring you. With the BSD way of eating, it helps to think outside the box, so it’s a good idea to have a think about what spices and herbs you like, so that you can make meals using the same main ingredients, but ring the changes by adding in a different flavour element. Even cooking with a flavoured oil will help to change the taste of the finished dish.

A simple chilli can be made with quorn mince, onion, mushrooms, tomato puree, some stock and spices, but make sure to count all the calories and carbs. I can’t swear this chilli will be as filling as you’d like, but should be quite satisfying. Remember that including good fats helps with the feeling of fullness, so be sure to add in some olive or nut oil.

In the early days, it is not unusual to have hunger pangs in the early days and if you can’t ride these out, have a small BSD friendly snack – a few nuts, a small cube of cheese or perhaps a little full fat yogurt. Always account for these in your daily calorie and carb intake though.

Hope you will find a way forward … best wishes

• posted by Richard123
    on

How many calories are in 10 cashew nuts I have no idea about calories unless it says so on the package.
    do i buy a chili ready made sauce as i live on my own so like to keep things simple and not to waste food if i only need a quarter of an onion etc or are these bad ?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well a quick google search gave me 9 calories and 0.5g carbs for one cashew so they are pretty high in both respects. By contrast, one almond is 7 calories and 0.3g carbs and one pistachio is 4 calories and 0.2g carbs – this information was from https://www.nutritionix.com

Try to avoid all processed foods, including pre-prepared sauces as they will contain all kinds of stuff, including sugars, which equate to unwanted carbs and it is those little nasties we are trying to avoid. Not to mention other unpleasant and unwanted additives.

Best to make your dishes from scratch with fresh ingredients and make more than you need to freeze off in batches for future use. This has the added advantage of not always needing to cook a meal from scratch, as you can build up a little stock of homemade pre-prepared meals.

• posted by Richard123
    on

Thats my problem i find it hard to cook from scratch and the waste is terrible.
    Best stop eating cashews as i usually eat 30/40 very easy.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

If you don’t want to cook, how about salads with a protein source? I’d encourage you to try to make a couple of dishes though, as they don’t need to be complicated – simple soups are a good one to try, as they are pretty much a case of throw everything in, cook until it’s all soft, then either eat as is or blend to get a smooth version. And any left over can be frozen for another time, if you don’t want to use it immediately. And actually, the quorn chilli follows the same sort of pattern and so is very simple too – cooking doesn’t need to be complicated or even particularly time consuming.

• posted by Richard123
    on

Well i cooked a dish last night it was ok but still felt hungry.
    I did the Cod in Romero sauce with red pepper which i dont like but it was ok.
    Dont like soup unless its onion or tomato and have to be heinz brand.
    Will try the humini cheese recipe tonight as it looks a little more filling.

• posted by avisamuelgrey
    on

Hi Richard, I am very new to this, but not to dieting!

Have you signed up for MyFitnessPal? It’s a website where you can track what you’re eating, and it will tell you the calories and nutritional values of everything.

• posted by Richard123
    on

not for me but thanks for the suggestion

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Richard, you said you dont want to use an app like MyFitnessPal – it is only a way of checking food values. Then you say you dont know how many calories in 10 cashew nuts. If you type cashew nuts nutritional values into your browser it will come up with all the information you need. Is it that you dont trust registering with an app or you are not sure how to do it. They can be very helpful and you dont have to log your food, that is up to you.

• posted by Richard123
    on

Hi, I dont trust this site it asked way to much info.
    I can always google for calories moving forward.
    Going to cook the hulumi cheese recipe tonight, struggling to find any others that look interesting on here.
    Should i just search for weight reduction recipes etc ?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

try a site called dietdoctor.com where you will find a lot more recipes, some might suit you. Also look on line for keto diet recipes and paleo diet recipes – for paleo a good site is called nomnom.
    You are lucky to like fish (I hate it) as it is a really good source of nutrition, mushrooms, quorn, peas etc all good foods. I think your main problem is you feel hungry on this diet but I am not sure how many calories you are doing – if you are doing the Fast 800 then maybe it is not for you. You might be better doing a 5:2 plan where you eat normally (within reason) for 5 days and go really low cal on just 2 days – the dont have to be consecutive days. Another alternative is to do the Mediterranean plan and eat lots of fish, colourful veg, some brown rice or pasta in small quantities but a really healthy way of eating.
    Unfortunately, I cannot scroll up and read the rest of your comments so I dont know if you can cook. Hope you find something to suit.

Just seen that you cooked cod in romero sauce so you certainly can cook. My husband makes a fish stew where he sweats down various veg like leeks, mushroom, red peppers, carrots. Add chicken stock a drop of white wine, some tarragon and stir in some crème fraiche. The recipe calls for potatoes but you could add some celeriac chunks or even a can of some sort of beans (haricot, kidney) or chickpeas or butternut squash and at the last minute throw in some chunks of cod or other firm white fish. It is very tasty and filling and I dont even like fish.

Please log in or register to post a reply.