Fussy eater

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kazza piggy
    on

Really keen to get started but having read the book I don’t like any of the recipes, literally not one, I’m really struggling to find anything I can eat as I know I will fail if I try to make myself eat things I don’t like, any tips for someone who doesn’t eat veg or salad please? Thank you 😁

• posted by Michael Rolls
    on

I think the easy answer is to ask yourself what you do like to eat, cut out what is high in carbs and see what is left. I have had success (rather to my surprise) with the diet without bothering with any of the recipes in the book, but I do eat salads. Most days my food intake is 100g of full fat yoghurt with 10g of walnuts and 10g of chia seeds for breakfast. Lunch a chicken or ham salad – but that is outwith your likes, so we’ll forget it – then in the evening a variety of meals, but all simple stuff – poached egg and ham, steak and mushrooms, salmon, either smoked or fresh with mushrooms, or leaves, omelette with ham or cheese or mushrooms or smoked salmon, chicken fried in olive oil, again with leaves – but in all of these sort of choices you don’t have to have leaves if you don’t like them – the important thing is to check the nutritional content of what you are eating and minimise carbs, making up with fats and proteins. Oh, for a snack – wafer thin ham or chicken, Camembert (best ‘numbers’ that I can see amongst the many cheeses that I like),are my ‘go-to’ snacks.
    Hope that helps
    Mike

• posted by Pancita
    on

Hi Kazza,
    What do you eat? Surely most foods are covered in that selection of recipes! If there’s anything you do like, I’ll see if I have some recipes for you.
    P

• posted by Ancient Weaver
    on

Seriously, NO veg? What do you put in a beef stew? Most soups have some sort of veg in them too.
    Tomatoes, pulses and onions are hard to avoid.
    I guess it might be possible to get all the necessary vitamins and roughage that you would get from veg from fruit, but no veg at all is incredibly limiting to any kind of healthy eating.

Personally I’m finding that cutting out the starchier vegetables has significantly reduced my kitchen repertoire, and avoiding carrots and parsnips is especially frustrating, as they are my boys favourite veggies.

Please log in or register to post a reply.