Fresh start or staying steadfast in September 2023 : One Week at a Time !

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Here we are in September ! Oh heck where did August go ? Well I know really as it has been a very full on summer !

I cannot say I have been steadfast but well done those who have stayed on track ( talking about you, sunshinegirl !!! )

So you may think this is the time for a Fresh Start ? September is always that time of year when we can focus on renewal and reboot

So please , whatever your situation, check in and report on your progress when you can !

Wendy , sunshine girl and SunnyB

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

As we are moving to a new month I will declare my weight loss at 6lbs for August. Not too bad and still 2 days to go before friends arrive.

I do hope you are going to join in the new thread and support us and each other. I am going to be pretty busy from Saturday for a week but will soon be back.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the new thread, Wendy and well done on your positive result, SG. Hopefully others have managed to wrangle a good result during August, but if that wasn’t you don’t worry, as Wendy said this is a good time for a reboot.

I’m still working of getting back into the right stone bracket, but am happily making progress in the right direction, allbeit slowly. Have found that by being a little less stringent with regard to fasts, the pounds seem to be shifting more readily. Perhaps my body just needed a bit of a change in routine, but whatever the reason, I’ll take it.

Like Wendy, I only have until the end of September before we’re off on a trip, so have limited time to make some impact. Hopefully, I can make more headway by then. Will report in from time to time and hope to be reading updates from lots of you too.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello and thanks for this new thread.
    Well done s-g 6lbs is great.👍👍👍
    Enjoy having your friends stay with you.
    I just coasted for the whole month so nothing to report weight wise.
    Sunny I’m absolutely convinced our bodies get used to ‘the same routine’. No matter what the regime, TRE or regular fasting. I really do think we need to add a few extra ‘good’ carbs here and there occasionally. I find that if I have the odd day with some good low carb seeded bread the next day my weight dips.
    I also find that keeping well hydrated with water helps too!
    Wendy I can’t believe it’s just a month till your trip. It seems like ages ago when you first posted your plans. Time flies! You must be getting really excited.
    I’m away for a few weeks from tomorrow but will catch up with you all mid September.
    Meanwhile, eat well, enjoy, and remember ‘weight’ is only a number on the scales and doesn’t define us!

on

Hi all, been to the doctors and she was very pleased with my numbers. However, when I told her I had lost 6 lbs she reminded me that since my last visit I have actually lost 8lbs. I was only counting the month of August so I am very pleased. Final weigh in tomorrow so still not given up.

After being forecast for rain every day we are now in for mid 30’s all week which is great for our friends. Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by no_willpower
    on

heya, I’ll try and give this a go for the month, I clearly need it!

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi everyone, old and new

I’d like to come back if you’ll have me!

L x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

No_willpower, everyone’s welcome here and florob, really pleased to see you back. We’ll look forward to updates from you both as the month progresses.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hello everyone & I’m typing this from the cottage in Yorkshire where we are on holiday for a week & the weather looks like it’s going to be dry whilst we are here which is a relief. I’m afraid all the calorie counting has vanished but I will make a good effort to get back on track when I get back home. August has been a disaster weight wise & I have regained 7 lbs🙀🙀
    Very well done s-g with your brilliant weight loss which is very inspiring 👏👏
    Don’t laugh but I’ve joined DuoLingo to relearn French in an endeavour to set myself a new mental challenge since I’m not doing well with my physical ones at the moment! I’m already confusing myself because I’ve downloaded a French keyboard & I’m trying to write this😳😂
    Keep going everyone & thank you for setting up the new thread s-g👍
    Margaret

• posted by happysnap
    on

Hello all and thank you for the new thread!
    SG, well done on your 8lb loss! Go you!!!
    I’ve maintained over August, which is always better than gaining but its time to get down to business and report some serious weight loss this month!

• posted by caronl
    on

Congratulations SG! And lovely to see that JGwen is swaggering onto the bus on another thread. My August proved to be pretty awful rather than awesome – on a number of fronts and outside my control.. But 4 of the kgs stayed off, and I am ready to press on again. Thanks as ever to wendleg sg and sunshine girl for keeping this thread on track.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Good evening everyone…
    I am glad a new thread has opened but am alreadt few days late! I dunno what happened but last couple weeks had ne sorting thru 2 family birthdays, unexpected illness in family, and other odds n ends so I did not look after me as I had intended too…
    However, tomorrow is a new day and new beginnings so I will declare I am getting on track and have stocked up on the basics ( I believe ) to crack on and make a dent in my bsg numbers as well as pounds down.

Well done to those who managed to get some weight off thru Aug and are heading into September with that ahead of them!

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone,
    I had a busy week last week in spite of it being a holiday from my office job. Lots of work around the farm to catch up on and I entered the fall fair with some of my flowers and veggies.
    I haven’t been sleeping well lately as I have been having some hot flushes again. I thought I was done with them after they stopped when I started to eat better last year. So I’m taking it as a sign that I need to get more serious, and take a look at my diet again.
    I’ve been inspired by the successes I’m seeing others have, so I think I need to get on with it and see how much weight I can discard over the winter. I’ve been encouraged by JGwen’s acheivements with fasting and autophagy and regaining energy. There are people who say that you cannot get rid of lipedema fat except with surgery, but I’m wondering if autophagy may help get rid of it. I know when I was on the Fasting Method facebook page there were people there with Dercum’s disease who were shrinking their multiple lipomas with aggressive fasting. Lipedema fat is kind of similar to lipomas in that the fat forms nodules that are encased in a membrane, but they are much smaller. They feel like tiny grains of rice under my skin. So I’m thinking of giving fasting another try, but doing it similar to how JGwen has been doing it with extended fast after extended fast and see where I end up.
    I had my first day back in the office today after my week off, and it was horrible. Work that was supposed to get done while I was away (and people had assured me they would manage it) wasn’t done, and they didn’t even have the courtesy to tell me or at least send me an email about it, so I was chasing people down to find out if it had been done. Now my timelines for project completion have been thrown way off, and we won’t meet the deadline on one, and it is me who looks bad because of it. Also, they want me to travel to far flung places for meetings that have no bearing on my work, and I can’t get to because of my vertigo issues. So, I’ve got an appointment with my gp tomorrow to discuss getting a medical exemption. It was so bad that I was looking up my pension numbers this evening to see the earliest date I could retire. It wasn’t great news – 7 years and 3 months until I can take a much reduced pension and 12 years and 3 months until I can get an unreduced pension. I was in tears, actually, after working that out.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Articfox, sorry to hear about your day. – I wonder if you have seen this video about compartment theory with lipedema https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0vfuuXVlGE – Warning it does include slides which are photographs of body structure which are dissections.

A couple of us have chatted on the 2 month thread about supporting each other with fasts. So I set up a new thread today for those who want to chat / share support and discuss research about fasting. The definition I have used for fasting is anything over 24 hours.

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Thanks JGwen, yes I saw that video just recently. It is very interesting, and may contribute to a different treatment approach in future. I’m wondering if combining some of the techniques to break up the dysfunctional tissue with fasting to try to clear it out of the system through autophagy might even be more effective. It’s all so early with trying to figure out this condition, so I guess anything is worth a try.
    Thanks as well for setting up the new thread. I’m going to start with OMAD and then progress to 36 hours and so on.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hello everyone & I hope you are all coping in this warmer weather. I’m back from my holiday now & have gained 4.25 lbs & must get back into losing weight re-focus & re-establish that eating regime. It’s hotter here in the south than it was in Yorkshire which was mostly a very pleasant 24c.
    I hope arcticfox that that things are getting much better for you now & also with your local weather ? & how upsetting to go back to work to find that colleagues had not been supporting your work whilst you were away🙁
    Good luck everyone for next weeks weight loss & health success👍
    Margaret xx

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Good morning everyone
    I’m getting back on track today & will fast until supper & I am starting with a herb tea instead of my usual coffee with oat milk. I will see how deprived I start feeling after my enjoyable holiday week eating & drinking what I wanted.
    Margaret

• posted by no_willpower
    on

hey everybody, nothing particularly exciting to report. I seem to be plodding long, more or less sticking to 800 cal a day. It’s been alright, don’t feel like I’ve suffered much, must be due to the positively unexciting food I’ve been preparing! Down 3.75 lb so not complaining, although I imagine a lot of that is water. I hope everybody else is getting on well

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Oh well day one successfully completed with an overnight & day fast until supper at 6-0pm but broken with two coffees but only 130 g cod eaten with lots of veg. I may have a salad lunch today to add in more protein & I’m thawing out chicken breasts for supper. Also today doing TRE between 10-30am to 6-0pm.breaking my fast with a coffee. I’m spending lots of pennies & have already lost 3lbs in carb fluid that of course will slow now. I kept busy doing lots of washing, hanging it out on the line & did twenty minutes toning exercises to my Jane Fonda dvd. I really feel heavy & unfit at the moment. Today stripping the bed & bed linen & towel washing & loads of ironing to do so I will have to pace myself because my knee is very sore. In between when sitting I will go on DuoLingo to continue learning French to keep my brain active.😂 I’m also knitting a jumper so keeping my hands busy.
    How are you all doing?
    Margaret

on

Hi everyone, well my friends have now gone home and I have spent 2 days cleaning and washing so now ready to get back on the diet. My gain for the week was a pleasing 1lb and I am sure that will quickly go but I only have one week before we go away to visit our family.

Margaret, I noticed you gained a few pounds but getting rid of 3lbs already is great. Who cares if it is mainly fluid, that just means it was just fluid your body was storing and not fat. I too am doing Duolingo but it has been pestering me during last week when I didnt do any lessons. It even told me it was going to stop sending emails because they were not motivating me. I hate it when machines tell me what to do but I got back on it yesterday.

I have also started a new course with FutureLearn called Nutrition for Health and Sustainability. It takes about 2 hours a week for 3 weeks but I have already nearly finished week 1 in 2 days There is another one I accidently logged on to do about designing your own diet and exercise programme – I will take a look at that after my holiday.

Welcome back to caronlm happysnap and 1960smp. nowillpower, I am assuming you started about a week ago. You are doing great.

So I will be around for another week and hope to catch up with you all.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just a quick check in for this week, with nothing much to report. Scales reading, whilst going through a few fluctuations during the week, has settled pretty much where it was this time last Tuesday.

Still hopeful that I can slip into the correct stone bracket before our trip, but as we are going to be away again visiting family this weekend, it may not happen and I have to accept that.

Well done to all those making progress, even if it’s marginal…. every little step in the right direction should be celebrated. And if you are struggling, just do your best to make good BSD food choices for your next meal … it will all work out in the end.

on

Managed to loose half a pound so nearly back to my previous weight. Also, another half a pound takes me under the kilo number I had been aiming for. Went on the Renpho scales to allow it to record my details as I didnt want to before as it was weighing me above what I wanted to be. Now happy to get back on to seeing the numbers go down again.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Well done sunshine-girl for getting back to your previous weight & I know what you mean about DuoLingo but it is prompting me to keep going so I’m trying to still challenge my brain & body & am pleased to lose any weight & accurately complete a French lesson 😀
    Keep on going SunnyB & fingers crossed for you to go down to the next stone bracket 🤞
    I’m trying to keep low carb but also keep my protein intake up & below 900 calories for this week reducing to 800 next week so it’s feels a bit of a balancing act at the moment 🤔
    I hope everyone is doing well. It’s cooler weather here so more comfortable sleeping.
    Margaret

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks, Margaret … am trying to stay focused and motivated. Hope your balancing act goes well.

on

Hi all. My head is in a right spin. Went to the hospital on Tuesday for the scan of my kidneys and bladder. One hour later I left with my results in my hand and everything is fine. It was booked because of the urinary infection but also doctor said it is good to have now and then for a diabetic.

Yesterday call from hospital – not the same one – I have an appointment for Tuesday before our sitters arrive. It is for my asthma check up. I couldn’t hear properly the message they left and I assumed they had cancelled. Then my cleaner said she cant make Monday (as planned) but could she come on Tuesday morning. As I thought the hospital was cancelled I said yes. Then sitters contacted me to say ‘see you on Monday’. Ahggggg, they are supposed to arrive Tuesday afternoon. What next. Then hubby receives a message from the British Embassy in Paris to invite him (I assume us) to meet King Charles when he comes close to us (I cant say the dates) and we will be in England. Hubby sent a sorry but no thank you, reply.

Today rang the hospital thinking I was re-arranging my appt and they said they were just confirming the date. So ahgggggg had to contact cleaner to see if you could do Tues afternoon. I think I have everything sorted but will have to get on with my packing this weekend as we will have visitors from Monday and I will have to feed and look after them. At least the house will be cleaned.

Can I just go and lie down for an hour. 🙂

Hope everyone else is doing okay.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Good grief what a muddle to sort out S-G but a privilege to be invited to meet King Charles at the British Embassy which would have been an interesting experience going to a “do there”!
    Margaret

on

The annoying thing is we are going to the UK for our grandsons 18th and he doesn’t want to do anything, no going out for a drink or a meal and no party. We could have stayed home and gone to see the King – he is in Bordeaux, not at the Paris embassy so just down the road from us. The other maddening thing is this is the 4th time we have been invited to meet royalty and had to say no. First we were invited to the garden party at Buck House, then to meet Charles in Nice but we were on a cruise, then to meet King Charles in Bordeaux but the riots broke out all over France and this time is to make up for that. Looks like we are never destined to meet the King although hubby has met several during his time in the RAF and I have had the dubious honour of meeting Prince A.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

That is very frustrating ! My brother who was a Lt Cmdr in the Royal Navy had the “role /pleasure” of training Prince A! He had many tales to tell🤔 The interaction between the services & the Royal family is a long one. I miss the cocktail parties & balls & getting dressed up😀

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Gosh! Sunshine Girl, I was quite flagged out after reading your weeks events lol, glad you managed to sort…Such an honour to be invited to meet Royals, in any event. The nearest I can claim to meeting royalty is an award I was granted back in 2018 and it meant meeting Princess Anne and many other dignities…a lovely memory and made even more so by the fact my family have a wonderful legacy of their mum being recognised for the volunteer work she was involved in for many years!
    Wendy,, think I would also miss the dressing up and parties too….lol

Finding getting started hard for some unknown reason other than I have many balls being juggled at the same time.
    I had planned a menu, briefly and shopped accordingly, and it took one event to send me off track – not great start but amzingly am jumping back up and going to try again from today…

on

Hi all, 1960 I would have been flagged out if those events had been over a period of a week but they happened in the space of 2 days. Wendy, although my hubby was in the forces and working at an RAF base in Scotland had a lot of contact with royalty – popping up to Balmoral etc, these latest invites are for his charity work here in France – as a group, not just him personally. I too used to love the dressing up, I think that is why I love going on cruises so much.

1960, you know what they say about good intentions – we all have to live in the real world. Although I seemed to be coping well I was tempted into buying a baguette to have with my lunch yesterday. Not only that, it ended up being my lunch as I just couldn’t be bothered. I knew it would show today and I have gained back the half a pound. However, another effect is that it sent my BG sky high and then I had a massive crash during the night. Funny how I wake up knowing something is going very wrong. Got up and checked my bloods and they were really low. I made myself a small (good) snack and went back to bed and things were fine this morning.

Back to grandson. He has a fear of food and weighs about 50kgs. It is not anorexia but he has a peanut allergy and he has had so many near misses and ended up in A&E that he is scared to eat. These have been things that should have been safe for him to eat but he is just so unsure. We were going to give him a wedge of money to spend as he wishes but I am thinking of getting him to take me shopping and he can chose what he wants, then we can go have lunch somewhere I know he will like. Better to get him out and to engage with us instead of locking himself in his room.

Need to start thinking of packing now my sitter is turning up a day early. I have worked out a menu and it is stuff I can make easily so I don’t need to panic and the cleaner is coming a day later so the house will be clean before we leave. Sounds posh having a cleaner and not something I every thought about but I needed help after my surgery as hubby could only do so much like cooking and clearing up and doing the washing etc. She is a young woman from the village and now I am better (though I still have the asthma problem) she just comes once a month to give the place the once over.

Weekend is here again so, if the weather is still fine where you are, get out and enjoy it while it lasts.

• posted by Tulip1
    on

hey all,
    I just had a read through this month…..I think I may have missed August entirely, so sorry all….I am probably very behind with wveryone’s news.
    It’s been another difficult month with family issues and I am somewhat off-track.
    Still, checking in here is a good start
    :-/
    Clare xxx

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone,
    Just checking in quickly. I had quite a good start to the week. I was doing a lot of cooking for a change and made quite a nice warm broccoli salad at the beginning of the week that lasted a couple of days and was equally nice cold.
    I had a good appointment with my new vestibular physio. Unfortunately the manuvuers she did made me worse for a couple of days, but I was better yesterday and was able to go for a drive way into the back of beyond to pick up some seed garlic from a farm. On my way back, I stopped in at the pharmacy in town on the way back and noticed a sign outside pointing up a side road that read ‘fresh flowers’. I went to check it and there was a flower shop tucked away and I never knew it existed. I went in and was able to speak to the owner and she is interested in buying some of my flowers next year. I had been feeling a bit down about my flower sales this year, so this cheered me up so much. Luckily my garlic sales have been pretty strong. I finished my little outing by walking back through the farmers’ market and bought some handmade soaps for some Christmas gifts. No need to buy produce as I still have lots coming from my garden at the moment.
    I fasted on Tuesday and was thinking I might try another one yesterday, but I just got too hungry by 1pm, so I had lunch. I think I need to go even a bit lower carb ahead of a fast to make it easier. I was hungry on Tuesday as well, but was busy at my physio appointment over lunch and then in the office for work all afternoon, so I didn’t have the same opportunity to eat.
    Oh well, I’m going to keep on keeping on. Have another person coming to pick up a garlic order in a couple of hours, so I’m off to get that sorted, and then tackling some weeds along the drive before it gets too hot. If I’m lucky, I may get a swim in later.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Sounds very positive arcticfox for your garlic & flowers.
    I have had a successful week & weighed this morning which showed I have lost 6 lbs in weight. I’ve just crept back into the overweight range & have shed my holiday weight gain & a little more although some of this must be carb fluid. I’ve been keeping to 900 calories each day & next week will try to reduce that down to 800. I would like to be able to get to my goal weight by December which means losing two stone which will be hard to do but I will keep on trying.
    How are you all getting on?
    Margaret xx

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Margaret! That is really good news for you indeed! A loss is something to be happy about, and I am sure you will go on to achieve your next goal.
    Sunshinegirl, hope you got your packing done and are ready for your hol!

Great news on the flowers Articfox!
    I am still procrastinating…got to get my backside in gear! I am planning menu now after I catch up here…

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Thank you 1960smp. I must admit the grey rainy weather here is affecting my mood & motivation & today was difficult with me feeling a bit wobbly & hungry & my calorie count ending up just below my BMR.🤔🙀 I will try to do better tomorrow. I’m finding that the grey days & darker evenings are making me think that I’m again being affected by SAD so I will get my bright SAD lamp out😀
    I hope everyone is coping better than me with autumn now here?
    Margaret

on

Hi everyone, looks like a disappointing turnout over the past week. I know what it is like, life gets in the way and I have been busy with my family and enjoying life too much. I hope you are all well and doing fine.

Thank you to those who are contributing and I will be setting up a new thread for October when I get back home. See you all next week.

Keep on keeping on.

• posted by Tulip1
    on

I’m still here, but my middle child is ill in hospital (which is where I am)…..so I have my hands full! xx

on

Sending hugs Tulip

• posted by 1960smp
    on

O no Tulip, we hope they recover quickly and sending hugs to you…
    SG I hope to get cracking on for the October thread…glad life is being kind to you xx

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hello I’m also still here trying to lose a stone before Christmas 🤔 I didn’t lose any weight last week.
    Tulip I’m so sorry to hear about your ill child who I hope will soon recover!
    Best wishes to everyone & thank you S-G for being willing to set up a new thread.
    Margaret

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hello & I’m pleased to say I had lost 1.25lbs when I weighed this morning which was not as much as I wanted but at least my body seems to be cooperating now. I still haven’t managed to get down to 800 calories every day probably averaging 900 through the past five days but I’m trying harder over the weekend to keep to my BMR calories about 1300! If I can relax a bit over the weekend I feel more able to be stricter during weekdays.
    I hope you are all having a good weekend? It’s been warm & lovely & sunny today which has really helped my mood because with so many recent greyish days I seem again to be dipping in & out of SAD which affects my energy levels, mood & motivation 🙁 However I will keep plodding on!
    Margaret xx

on

Hi all, glad you are seeing good results Margaret. I came back from holiday yesterday and already seen a 1lb loss even though I havent actually started my October diet. We just eat totally different at home. Looking forward to seeing you all in the October thread which I will set up tomorrow.

Today it is unpacking, washing and trying to shake off the cold I caught from one grandson. It is very hot here today and for the next few days, however, the pool temperature has fallen so I am putting on the summer cover tonight and hope to be able to have a swim tomorrow. Seems strange on Thursday it was 13 degrees in Birmingham and today it is 29 in France.

Have a good weekend.

• posted by Verano
    on

Welcome home s-g!

Wendy not sure if you’ve left yet but if not have a safe journey and either way have a wonderful time with your son and family. Hope all goes well. Enjoy!

S-g I find that when I put weight on on holiday if I get straight back to low carb then it seems to disappear quite quickly. This year has been a bit of a mess for me and at the moment am about 4lbs above my January 1st weight. Not good but then given the number of holidays I’ve had this year, with more food/carbs than usual, it could be much worse! Hopefully by the end of the year I’ll be able to report a loss for 2023!

Margaret glad you’re losing. Maybe not as much as you had wanted but a loss is a loss, grab it with both hands!
    Will join in the new thread tomorrow.
    Anybody doing ‘Sober October’?

on

Hi V, Wendy will be well settled in Oz right now. Left for Paris on Thursday although I don’t know if onward flight was a direct connection or the next day.

I am doing Sober October but won’t be calling the new thread that as it doesn’t apply to everyone. As part of my 12 weeks to the C word I will be setting out my new goals etc after I weigh on Tuesday as I have a night out on Monday (but wont drink).

• posted by Verano
    on

S-g do send my best wishes to Wendy when you’re in touch next.
    I agree no point in ‘imposing!’ Sober October on others. I’ve never done it and probably would appreciate company!
    Maybe it should be a private voyage.?

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Welcome home S-G & I will be joining your new thread👍 However I’m not sure that I could tolerate a completely dry October but I don’t drink alcohol during weekdays but look forward to a glass of wine with my dinner & tonight will have a glass of Shiraz with my steak & ratatouille 😀
    Margaret xx

on

Dont worry Margaret the October thread will be nothing to do with sober October. Wendy and I have come up with another alliterative title which I will set up tomorrow.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello everyone !!!!

I’m still here, just !!

We are presently in Paris having a peaceful weekend getting sorted before we fly out on Monday 2nd October… to Singapore from Charles de Gaulle with a few hours stop over before we fly to Melbourne where we stay for a week with hubby’s daughter and grandkiddies .From there we go back with them to Tasmania for 10 days ( awaiting the birth of my grandson !!!!)
    Then we fly up to Cairns !!!!

It sounds a bit mad when I type it but it will all be fine !!!

I am staying in Australia until mid December, hubby returns earlier in November .

As you can imagine I am in expectant granny, nanny, nana, mamie mode and VERY excited ! The only other time I went to Australia was when I was still working and had just 3 weeks so this is very special.

I have my laptop with me and will check in when I can but realistically I have no idea how things will go food wise and I may have to put things on hold until after Christmas .

In the meantime MANY THANKS to SG for taking over the thread and motivating the troops.Even when things slow down a bit and there are fewer contributors, SG is always there .

Take care everyone .Clare/ Tulip ..How is your daughter ??

Wendy xx

on

Hi Wendy, wasn’t sure where you were but great to know your plans in more detail. We will all be with you and thinking of you so keep us updated. Just set up the new thread for October so you don’t have to give us a single thought. Enjoy, bonne chance et bon voyage.

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hi everyone,
    Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts- my middle child (2nd daughter, aged 16) has been ill for almost 2 weeks now- it wasn’t obvious initially but she had appendicitis which turned into a really bad perforated appendix- she then had it removed but had post-op/ illness complications and has been really poorly on paediatric HDU since the op…finally she is improving and starting to eat and drink….perhaps we will even get home this week (I’ve been living at the hospital with her) 🙏🙏.
    Love and hugs, and safe travels granny-to-be!
    Tulip xxxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.