Free FAT SECRET APP

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mosleyfan
    on

Try this app…download for free from usual…apple/android stores. All you do is enter your food as you eat it…everything else done for you. I keep it on my phone. You can do it at the end of the day too, but you may forget.
    It shows how many calories, protein, carbs, fat etc eaten and can display in a chart, pie chart with coloured portions to make it an easy picture to realise the balance between fats carbs and protein.

It can no doubt do lots of other clever things but Im just learning to use it. Its not hard just me!

Give it a go and let me know how you go…give me some tips if you work out more gizmos.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi mosleyfan,
    I have downloaded the fat secret app today, I have found it really good for tracking my food and excercise so thanks for the heads up, still figuring everything out so watch this space!

• posted by Grandma48
    on

Hi Mosleyfan
    What an amazing app that is. I have downloaded it, put in everything I remember that I’ve had today (hopefully not too much left out) and am delighted how easy it is to use. Only thing – is it going to have a go at me when I don’t reach my daily calorie target as set by the app? I was using My FitnessPal but I found that it’s not always in agreement with the calories/carbs shown on the packaging of most foods. I don’t have a lot of stuff from a package but it concerns me that if MFP doesn’t agree with the manufacturer (who I’m guessing should be right), how accurate is it when I put in veggies, or meat, or fish which doesn’t come out of a packet!
    I’m guessing you’re a newbie Christi1948 and if your name is anything like mine, I think we could be twins!
    Keep on keeping on…..

• posted by Mosleyfan
    on

Hi Grandma48
    Glad you liked the app my dentist nurse passed it onto me…I am new to it as i said but it is great to help motivate and keep us all on track.
    I liked that you could add any exercise…haha…and everything is just sorted for you.
    Did you find the circle pie chart? shows you the amount of carbs, protein , fats etc ratio.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi grandma48
    I started the diet in February, just about to finish the seventh week so not so new, however was a watcher and reader of the forum for a little while, I am on a plateau at the moment , I lost 14lb in the first four weeks, up to now in the last three weeks I’ve only lost 3lb so a bit frustrated thats when I downloaded the fat secret app, recommended by mosleyfan, I am still finding my way around it.
    Hi mosleyfan where is the pie chart haven’t found it yet?

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi grandma48,
    I am sorry I ‘posted’ the last post before I had finished, I am crap at these sort of things! ( iPads and computers) you wouldn’t believe I used to work in computers in another life, when they were as big as a small office! However didn’t keep up with technology so here I am struggling to get things right, I am due at the docs next week and am hoping he will be kind to me and say well done! Also off on holiday the week after, so worried I won’t be able to stick to the diet and exercise. Will just have to get back on the ‘horse’ when I get back, good luck with you and your journey, you too mosleyfan, by the way I am 68 while I am on holiday so no pressure!

• posted by Molly 20
    on

Just downloaded this app. just started this diet today.

I HAVE HIT ROCK BOTTOM WITH MY EATING. I HAVE HAD THIS EATING DISORDER FOR 40 YEARS. I AM 54 YEARS OLD.

WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO BE MY BUDDY AND HELP ME STICK TO THIS DIET FOR 8 WEEKS AS I AM DETERMINED TO DO IT. BUT EASY TO SAY ON MY FIRST MORNING EH.

Molly needing a buddy and support x

• posted by Kathy54
    on

Welcome Molly

Everyone on the BSD is there to be your buddy and support you.

If you have any questions just ask there is always someone who can help you.

It is very helpful to read the forums they answer loads of questions.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Molly and welcome to the forums!
    One idea which might be useful to you is check out the ‘what have you eaten today?’ thread. You could post daily into that thread ( it’s also useful for ideas) – if you let us know that that is what you will do each day there are lots of us who could check it out and offer tips if we think there is not enough fat, too many carbs, not enough water etc. It could be really helpful to you.

Make a declaration of intent and we will keep an eye out for you.

We’re all in this together and we are one big BSD family! 🙂

Make sure you drink 2 – 3 litres of water a day – it’s really important! You can have it hot, cold, still or sparkly or as herbal teas. I still drink two instant coffees on a morning .

• posted by barby
    on

Hi Molly I’m newish too – well 2 weeks in and still learning. How have you got on for your first day? I found it took over a week to really work out this new way of eating. I stupidly didn’t weight for first week, but have lost about 4 pounds this week, which is great for me. I’m finding it quite easy, and don’t crave sweets and crisps like I used to. I used to eat for emotional reasons, and binge at times on junk food. I ate continually, now I’m on 3 meals a day and no snacks. I feel happy I’m in control at the moment. Let us know how you get on – the support is great here x

Please log in or register to post a reply.