Food revellations

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bob fox
    on

What’s the one or more than one food you have had on the BSD which you thought you would never like in a million years but is now one of your faves. I have two. FF yoghurt and Olive Oil. Never liked them before but can’t do without them now.

• posted by Hawks
    on

Poached eggs.
    I still find the whites very blah and their texture is …not pleasant, but I make sure each mouthful has yolk. Yolk is great.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

For me it’s full fat natural youghurt, coconut flour and coconut oil.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Well, I’ve tried a few things since starting the BSD. I never thought I’d be making my own hummus!
    Never been one for plain yogurt but I am enjoying Tesco Finest Greek Yogurt.
    I think chickpea/gram flour has been a good addition to my kitchen cupboard (I like the chickpea crackers – look under the Recipes section).

The jury is still out re coconut flour – I like the coconut flavour but it requires serious adjustment to recipes (extra liquid/eggs) to get a decent result. And I didn’t really like the whiff of coconut oil/milk when I tried making a Thai-style curry. Basically, I still think the Bounty Bar is the best thing you can make with coconut!! (Heresy on this website, I know.)

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Has to be full fat yoghurt

• posted by Tippytwo
    on

Avocado with poached egg – a good combo

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Can I throw Malibu in as the best thing made from coconut.
    Heresy too I know but mmmmmmmmmmmmm

• posted by SOS
    on

Cabbage. I’ve always hated the stuff. But now cooked with bacon, onion, butter and seasoning I can’t get enough of it.

• posted by Patsy
    on

I’m starting to quite like chick peas.

• posted by Jandz100
    on

Full fat yogurt
    Aubergine
    Roasted peppers

I used to eat very limited veg, when I decided to lose weight in 2014 I made myself try 2 new foods every month and now I eat shed loads of veg but never got round to the aubergine….kicking myself now!

As for peppers, I’ve never liked them until I tried some roasted recently…I’m wondering if my taste buds are waking up now they’re no longer getting to taste sweet foods?

• posted by Timmy
    on

Has to be olives for me. I will pretty much eat anything, but olives and oysters I would always avoid. I always wished I liked olives because they are so good for you. Well it transpires that I quite like them now! I think my tastebuds have changed quite a bit doing this “diet”.

Oysters can stay were they are though.

• posted by Winifred
    on

I dry fry aubergine, when I actually get round to cooking that is. Sliced medium and placed in dry, hot frying pan, turn occasionally to stop burning and wait until they go soft and browned. Really tasty, but haven’t worked out the calories yet. Do the same with beef tomatoes.

• posted by Orangeblossom
    on

Great thread idea. Total full fat greek yoghurt with raspberries blueberries and just a drizzle of honey on top
    Cashew nuts. Olive oil. Very dark chocolate. Cacao powder hot choc.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

+1 for avocado and egg – I crack the egg into the hole where the nut goes, sprinkle on some chilli flakes, add a drop of oil and pop in the oven for 10 minutes till the egg white sets – favourite lunch.

Also getting into duck eggs.

Please log in or register to post a reply.